Racket broke, need help choosing a new one.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BadJY, May 20, 2007.

1. BadJY

BadJY Regular Member

Student
    I recently bought a Black Knight Impulse 747, but it broke the first week after I played with it :( (And I bought it cuz my old racquet broke... :mad:)
    So I didn't really get the feeling of the racquet. Anyways, I'm looking for another racquet from any brand.

1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    I play around 3 times per week during the year and more in the summer.
    2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    I prefer agressive style, but I'm better at control unfortunately :rolleyes:
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    Both are very important. I don't want another racquet breaking, so I want good durability that will last me at least a year or more( I've had bad experiences)
    4. How much money do you want to spend?
    Money is not an issue.

Thanks in advance.

2. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Was your racket traumatized? Did you exceed the recommended string tension on your frame? If not, then perhaps you can get BK to replace the racket.

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    pick ur fave racket,and try the 2Us..they have more durability.May i ask for what's the reason for ur bad experieces?Tensions or clashes?or others?

4. Hierkommtnils

Hierkommtnils Regular Member

Fin. Controller
    Have you ever tested the AT700? If not, do it... :D

5. BadJY

BadJY Regular Member

Student
    Well, I broke my first racquet by repetitive frame shots/hitting on the knee/falling on floor/clashes. However, it still lasted me a year before it broke. Then my friend lent me his Muscle Power 45 but the shaft ending up breaking while smashing( and I had to repay him). Then I bought the Black Knight... AND IT BROKE AGAIN ( I didn't exceed tension it was only at 20 lbs)
    So right now I want a really durable/all-around racquet.
    And I was looking into SOTX racquets, where can I purchase SOTX Wovens in Canada?
    I don't feel that I'm strong enough for the AT-700 yet, considering that I've heard how head-heavy it is, the stiffness and the small sweetspot.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

IMHO, Your smash is hard enough for AT700. However, the AT700 might not take your smash and last 1 year for you. I will say SOTX might be more durable for you. Good luck.

7. xflubb

xflubb Regular Member

i disagree, the woven series have some defects with regards to the shaft...it cant take heavy smashes.

8. chriz

chriz Regular Member

Student
    get muscle power 99, pretty popular, and trust me,....you wont regret it, if you think its to expensive, then buy victor discovery ti 58(which is the one im using now) again, you wotn regret it, i think it cost around 80 - 100$ and its perfect for intermediate player. i hope you like it =D

9. fivestars

fivestars Regular Member

Is that only a few incidents? With a genuine Sotx Woven? Most Sotx Wovens are quite durable, especially the Woven-7s.

If you hit your right knee for right-hander or left knee for left-hander, your technique might be a little bit incorrect.

10. silentheart

But it was able to handle (survive) Sir DinkALot's smash better than other racquets (Yonex).

11. BadJY

BadJY Regular Member

Student
    I seem to have accidentally misguided you guys in thinking I have a really strong smash. The fact is, I don't. My smash is average in power, in my opinion, and leans to the below average(although I was using a heavy racquet). And yes, my technique used to have problems, since I only started getting coaching last year.

But nobody answered my question :confused: Where do you buy SOTX Woven racquets in Canada?

12. albertchiew

albertchiew Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    :rolleyes: Hmm... really.....

I'm all ears to that... mind to be more specify on it??? I personally wish to know more in detail if you don't mind....:cool:;)

Cheer!!

Hope to hear from you soon!!

Best regards,
    Albert

13. silentheart

14. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

You're in luck, his first shipment of SOTX just came in and he has some Woven-8/8A left.

www.mjstrings.ca

15. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    If you did not exceed the recommended string tension and the racket was not abused or if it did not clash with another racket or the floor, then you should defintely see if the manufacturer or the shop where you bought it will replace it for you.

If the racket frame or design is defective, then they should probably replace it & only charge you for shipping.