Does your hand feel painful when you use ns9k type X racket?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by hojozz, May 21, 2007.

1. hojozz

hojozz Regular Member

Hello fellow shuttlers who are using ns9k type x, i would like to ask if any of you had experienced hand pain when u play aggressively or swing too hard when you smash using the aforementioned racket? I just would like to find out what is the cause for this pain. Lastly, many thanks on your feedback!

2. disturbed baddy

disturbed baddy Regular Member

Student
    ive only had this a few times but only when i try to swing too hard, i think its from over using your wrist.

3. hojozz

hojozz Regular Member

Thanks for your comment, disturbed baddy! I think you are right about the over-use of wrist and also swinging it too hard. I do hope there is a way to minimise or eliminate the pain cos ns9k is actually a very good racket. Cheers!

4. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

try using a wrist band?

5. hojozz

hojozz Regular Member

umm...actually, the pain is from the back of the palm where the 'pain region' lies in between the ring and pinky fingers. Felt like the veins were being pulled apart with each hard swing and wrist play. Thanks for your suggestion, llpjlau!

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I think this NS9K-x is a great racquet. However, it is not a userfriendly racquet and it take some adjustment if you are not currently using NS racquets. This racquet is for advanced player!!!

7. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

finger bands? haha

8. hojozz

hojozz Regular Member

Hi silentheart, I definitely agree on the racket not being a user-friendly racket. Took me a few good months to get used to it and i have been using it for a year now. Only recently(past 2weeks), I have been feeling the 'pain' on my hand when i play aggressively. Maybe d weight is another issue (my ns9k racket is 2U)? Please feel free to advise. Thanks!

#8 hojozz, May 21, 2007
    Last edited: May 21, 2007
  9. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    umm if the pain was in the wrist or arm i would tell u that that racket is to stiff for u, but its in the hand, do u play tennis? maybe u are constantly holding the racket to tight? thats all i have to suggest

10. hojozz

hojozz Regular Member

yes, ns9k type X is an extra stiff racket. Before i used this racket, my racket was muscle power 99 (which is also an extra stiff racket) which I felt ok with. Nope, I don't play tennis. Hmm... I just hope d 'pain' will not lead to more serious injuries. (-_-") Really like using ns9k very much albeit the pain i am experiencing now.

11. IvanM

IvanM Regular Member

Why pain?
    Correct Stroke + Correct Timing + Lots of Power + 9KX = Hell for your opponent

12. hojozz

hojozz Regular Member

Indeed the ns9k generate more power than any racket I have tried but I can feel this nerve pulling sensation from the back of my palm. Maybe I will not try to play too aggressively to observe the situation. So everything must be well for you, IvanM, using the racket. ;)

13. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I have a 2 U myself and I use BG85 to take away some of the shock. However, some player find BG85 is not as durable as BG80 or BG65.

1) What kind of overgrip are you using?
    2) I assume this pain/feeling only happen while you smash. Where is youe index finger while you smash? can you take a picture?
    3) What is the tension?

14. D-man2005

D-man2005 Regular Member

Gripping too hard.

It could be possible that when your playing aggressively that you are subconsciously gripping extra hard when you smash causing more stress on your hand.

It happens to me, I have to consciously relax my grip and the strain disappears.

Try it out and let me know if it helped.

Cheers,

D-man

15. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    u might have over extended on a smash due to the snapping of the wrist. try resting it for 1 or 2 weeks then play again to see if the pain lessens. if it does, then u should rest for it to heal first (no baddy for awhile unless u play with ur alternate hand). if not, it could lead to long term injury.

16. chriz

chriz Regular Member

Student
    well. pain is ok, wristband and what so ever band should be wield, since nanospeed 9000 x is an extreme racket in which performs 100% of your skillz, it also due to your muscle on your arm and wrist, it effects all of them, i think that if you get yourself more stronger on the wrist, it wont hurt, and as well. the way how you play, will be the most important question to yourself.

17. hojozz

hojozz Regular Member

Hey guys, thanks to all your suggestions! I just came back from a badminton game. I felt better today since I didn't use the snapping of my wrist too much, relied more on arm power.

Silentheart: I am using an Ashaway grip, somehow I prefer it to yonex's grip. My string is BG66 which has high repulsion and the tension if I am not mistaken is 68psi.

D-man2005: Thanks for the suggestion, I did relax a bit when I gripped my racket handle. I think most of the part where the pain came from was over-using the wrist. So I alternate my game today using mixture of arm and wrist. phew~

Chriz: I agree with what you said about ns9k X because it affects parts of the muscles on our arm. I do a bit of weight training if I have spare time to improve the strength. Somehow it was strange when I heard a friend of my friend's who has a muscular arm sprained his wrist badly using the ns9k type X.

llpjlal: The wrist band helped a lot!!! Thanks! ;)

Thank you very much everyone who replied to this thread!!!

18. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    this is why i like my AT700 =p

19. OHMAHGAWDZ

OHMAHGAWDZ Regular Member

Train Your Fingers!

Wait for your hand to heal, then use a hand grip to strengthen your fingers. This allows for looser grip, and less effort for more power. You're probably holding the racquet too tightly. That's what Dominic Soong (former world #2) told me, and it works phenomenally.

20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    You jumped the gun by using a racquet quite unlike the ones you used. Nothing beats the excitement of a new racquet:p. However, you should give it some time and just warm up with it often by doing clears. Different racquets require different timing, as factors such as string tension and head bias balance will affect your swing.

I recall the same issue many players had with the AT-700 when it first came out. Its very head heavy bias was unique from previous YY models.

#20 cappy75, Jun 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007