Iso900SX (CN?) vs Ti-10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kwun, Jan 21, 2002.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am considering migrating from my Iso900 SS. recently i have been playing a lot with more trainings, and i have found that i am over powering this racket. similar feeling when i went from Iso900SR to my the SS.

i am look for any first hand comparison between the Iso900 SX and the Ti-10. stiffness? heaviness? i have a Ti-10, and it is way too stiff and heavy for me. i am looking for something in between and with similar character/balance. actually, i am considering the Iso900 SX, most likely the CN version.

Ricky.. i am looking at you........ ... ... :)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    kwun, i'm in the same shoes as you. After coming from cab20 Power, iso900SS wouldn't be stiff enough for me either. Here is ricky's reply to my question.

Author: cooler
    Date: 01-18-02 21:17

how does ti-10 differ SX in term of feel and playability? which is head heavier and which is stiffer?

Author: Ricky
    Date: 01-20-02 04:55

I've played with Ti-10 3U (it had been broken) and TiSP SX for a few months. In my opinion, Ti-10 3U doesn't give you head heavy, but a more balanced feel instead. In contrast, TiSP SX is definitely a head heavy racquet. In terms of weight, both racquets are similar. For stiffness, the difference is not very significant - even though Ti-10 may be a bit stiffer. Both racquets are good for offensive players.

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

From My experience! I woudl say that The Iso 900 Sx would be more head heavy than the Ti 10! I would rather suggest u to go for teh Ti SP SX! It is more like Like Ti 10 but a little less head heavy than a Ti 10 2U! It is very good and i guess u woudl liek it! As u would see that i am trying to sell my Ti SP SS also! I think if u read from my reviews abt The SS u would knwo that I dont find it stiff at all!

I am planning of procuring a Ti 10 3U. I will keep One Ti SP SS which is the older one so that i can keep it as a spare for the Slim 10!

I guess The best Weapon would be the Iso Ti SP SX as it plays slightly different from Iso 900! I think The Ti sp SX is stiffer and not very very head heavy like the Iso 900SX!

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    I have not played with the Ti S SX at all, I have 2 samples, one blue, and one red (new color). They feel more head heavy than the ti10 3u, which I have actually had fairly extensive experience with. but since I dont think there is a CN version, might as well go with the ti S SX, as so many of the users like it so much.
    However, I have found the 3u ti10 to be very stiff, and suited me very well.
    Too bad I sold off my initial 2, and now I have to wait until i get a new machine before I restring this latest batch. :p
    -Kelvin

5. Iwan

Iwan Guest

Kwun...

ok I got one question... HOW do you know you've over powered your racket?

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Overpowering ISO900 SS ? It's too bad that I'm still at SR/SS level (I found that ISO900 SR CN is more suitable to me these days, I can't fully exploit the power of TiSP SS CP when I was not in good condition). Our gap is still big as before (may be even bigger now) ... :(

Back to your question - I own Ti-10 2U CN, Ti-10 2U SP, Ti-10 3U TW (broken now), ISO 900 SX CN and TiSP SX SP. I should posted a review on comparing some of these racquets before in the review section, you may check it out yourself.

For stiffness, I would say ISO900 SX CN is the stiffest. Surprisingly, ISO900 SX CN is a "very" different racquet from TiSP SX SP, the former is much stiffer and head heavy. I'm not sure whether because it is a CN version. Fyi, Cheung had tried my ISO900 SX CN before and he said that it is quite good and he played extremely powerful smashes with this racquet (anyway, he always produces very powerful smashes). You may try to get his opinion on this racquet as well.

For heaviness, Ti-10 2U CN is the most heaviest, followed by Ti-10 2U SP. SX is very stiff, but it is having almost the same weight as SS.

If you are looking for something in between Ti-10 2U and ISO900 SS CN, I think you should give TiSP SX a try (unfortunately I still can't find CP version so far). As I said before, ISO900 SX CN is very different - in my opinion, it is the most difficult racquet to play with among all these racquets. A 2nd suggestion is to try Ti-10 3U.

Honest speaking, as an intermediate level player, I really found that I can't fully exploit the power of most of these racquets. As a result, most of them are locked in my cabinet for months ...

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Was that an Iso 900 SX version I tried?

Actually, I thought that was quite good. Not too heavy. I haven't tried other IS0900 variations so can't compare. If I lived closer to Ricky, I could test a lot more racquets.

Smashing power compared with Cab20..hmm..could actually be more powerful, though only slight difference.........

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks Ricky, that is an excellent comparison. it was most helpful. i will go try out the two SX's when i can......

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Re: Kwun...

i guess this only happens for smashes. other strokes it is less apparent as the power requirement is less.

during heavy smashes, you'll feel that most of your power is going into the arm swing instead of racket. the racket just seems to be swooshing through the air.

imagine the difference between swinging a whip and swinging a tennis racket.

10. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Yes, the only ISO900 SX I've is the a CN version which you have tried before. It was strung with BG88Ti at that time at ~24 lbs.

Fyi, Ng Ka Sze will likely to use an ISO900 SR CN this weekend (he made the decision after trying my ISO900 SR CN) ... :)