User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do I establish my tier/circuit

I hadn't played badminton since middle school but last year, I joined a community centre's club. I am currently living in Busan, South Korea.
    I plan to return to Canada (Edmonton) in July and I am looking for a club to join. I've been playing since march of last year but I think I'm doing pretty well for myself; I just won a tournament at my club and I was placed in the "B" tier. But I have no idea whether this clubs "B" tier is at ALL similar to Canadian tiers: I would guess not.
    I'd have thought that I could watch video of A/B/C tier players to get an idea of what i'd be up against: the only video I can watch is of championship, world cup calibre and, well frankly, they'd wax me like a carwash.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to just compare on paper, and I am sure each individual club within Canada should have some difference in overall skill level as well.

The best thing is, just visit a few local clubs, and ask for several games. After several visits, you should be able to pick the group which you feel comfortable with.