strings on mp99

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by slow_shash, May 24, 2007.

1. slow_shash

slow_shash Regular Member

Engineering student
    i am switching from a mp44 with ashaway flex 21 micro (22 lbs) to mp99.the strings were good for attack and defence but they let down at the net as compared to bg 65.i am more of a control player but who doesn't like to smash?;)

so what strings should i get for my mp99

2. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Is it possible that the tension is too low, how about trying to increase the tesion to 24-25lbs?

3. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

hey

hey if the strings depend on ur tension too if you use 25 pounds you can use bg 65 if you wish to go higher you should use bg 80 and after 31 you should use nanogy 95

4. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Is BG 66 good??

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I like BG85 at 21X23lb for great control on MP99. It hold tension better and the rough surface gives great control on the net. BG80 at same tension will be my second choise if BG85 break too fast. If money is an issue, G65 at 22X24 will do. Check out Sir DinkALot's string review to find other good string from other brands.

6. slow_shash

Engineering student
    but the range on the racquet cap says 17-22 lbs.wont the frame be damaged with higher tension?

7. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    my friend strings it at 29lbs : )

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The higher the tension, the higher the risk u will face. Also, warranty could be an concern as well. However, within reasonable tension range, with a decent racket, a reputable stringer should not have any trouble to string a racket.

9. slow_shash

Engineering student
    it's possible that yonex has taken a lerge factor of safety when considering 22lbs as max tension value.so what is the max safe value?

also,i was watching indo open 06 and the tv commenter said on air that pros use low tension for higher power and high tension for control.how does that work?

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

In general, Yonex badminton racquets will take 10% over the recomm limit. So if you have a MP99 with recomm max 22lb. It is safe to string it up to 24lb. It if a new one breaks, it is stringer's fault.

There are many post about effect of tension on power/control. Do a advance search and you will find a lot of info.

11. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

hey

yonex didnt take a large factor in safety .the only reason its writen there is because if there is a bad stringer and he makes the racket crack you wont be abe to claim it .if any yonex racket which has sp which stands for made in japan it should be able to hold 26 real easily. most pros string thier racket to more than 30 lbs. practicly every 1. and the low tension for higher power cant be true i know a few pros and they say you have to use a high tension but not too high . in order to get the shot you want.