My Muscle Power 100...Broken...TT...HELP!

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Michael Jung, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Michael Jung

Michael Jung Guest

HELP!

It hasn't been very long since i bought this BEAUTIFUL racket. And for some reason...it's cracked at the very top.
    I'm too poor to buy a new one...I'm a high school student and there's no way that i can get a new one.
    My friend told me a while back that Yonex will send me a different repaired racket if i send this one in.
    But I don't have any proof of purchase or anything...TT
    A friend gave it to me for my b~day present.

I have no idea why it cracked. String tension? I'm not a sucky player~so i don't hit the ground or anything.

PLEASE tell me how to get this repaired!
    with MINIMAL COST!!!

*begs*

~Michael....

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    go back to the stringer and complain. If u didn't hit the frame on anything, i can't see how the frame break. How many lbs was the tension?

3. Michael Jung

Michael Jung Guest

the racket stringer...is back in America

I moved...to Korea.

can't i send it to YONEX?

i heard that they do that!
    Esp. since it has a warranty!

But i don't know how i'll prove to them!
    the warranty!

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Another broken MP100. This is terrible for a high end racquet.

5. Jason

Jason Guest

damn it.. i hope mine dont break ><

6. Michael Jung

Michael Jung Guest

stop that!

that makes me feel WORSE

just tell me what i can do...TT

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it's hard proving to yonex as only the stringer know the tension in this case. If it's over 20lbs for 3u and 22 lbs for 2U, warranty is voided. Lot of clients really don't know what the stringer done to their racket after been strung (Just like we don't see how our foods are cook behind the close door in the back kitchen of restaurants). Lot of stringing errors cannot be detected even with expert eyes or by yonex officials. (just like the food, taste good, until the unlucky one get cramps from improper cooking or food handling) Most stringing errors are minor and the racket frame can endure the unbalanced stress or distortion until the next restringing job. In your case, it couldn't. Best is to sent it back to your friend in the US and ask him to take it back to the retailer for a new one. Yonex prefer not to deal with the public customers, that is retailer's responsibility.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

if strung correctly, mp100 can take 30 -35 lbs easy.

9. Jason

Jason Guest

mine's 3U.. not 2U... n i'm told that my versuin (TW) cant take the tension (JP) can... ><

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

that's crap, a 3U TW or JP has the same warranty, 20 lbs max.

11. Michael

Michael Guest

That's not the point!

the Point is....my racket IS broken.

now how do i get it to UN-Break?

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Re: That's not the point!

my best advice to UN-Break your mp100 are:

1. PRAY for a miracle
    2. rent a time machine and go back in time to change your action
    3. run like hell and to pass the speed of light so time may reverse.
    4. bang your head repeatedly on the wall hard enough so that u lose your memory about this incident

point #4 is the most cost effective solution, highly recommended.

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Re: That's not the point!

Looks like you have to take it to your friend in the US and go back through the original retailer. That retailer may have to go back to Yonex with the racquet.

You MIGHT have a chance of getting a replacement MP100. (or might NOT). Certainly, it won't be a fast process.

I suggest buying a cheaper racquet as a replacement. If you are concerned about aesthetics, good shot making technique impresses much more than what racquet you are using.

14. Iwan

Iwan Guest

well... maybe you might want to send it to a workshop to repair it? I had one of my Iso900 repaired that way. The thing is... the head will be slightly heavier on one side than the other... but you might be able to counter that by coiling some wire or solder thingy on the other side of where the head got a repair done. the head will be slightly heavier, but that's actually not so bad since your racquet is a 3u, gives you extra weight on the head for harder smash? ;p *shrug* hehe thinking of an mp100 that feels like a ti10 :D

15. Michael

Michael Guest

oooh, how?

How do i get it repaired?

will it get uglier?

shooot~tell me how!

16. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    You did not mention how you broke it, or what the string tension was at.
    If you want help, and recommendations you should at least supply sufficient info. so that people can render assistance.

Most times people break racquets because:

a.) stringer's error. either poor string job, or the selected tension was too high for the particular frame. Most likely stringer's error in this case, but then again... there are those factory recommendations for equipment, so that people dont go stringing the hell out of their equipment.

b.) manufacturer's defect. but usually the defects are in the shaft... it's very hard to prove a racquet broke as result of a defect unless for example the ti mesh happened to pop out of the racquet.

c.) the player clashed the racquet, in which case there is absolutely no way that Yonex will warranty your racquet, unless you're a sponsored player.

My best recommendation, since you cant even supply info on how your equipment broke, is to call up your local Yonex distributor... where ever in the world that is, and ask to see if a replacement can be had. However since most places in Asia, it costs so little to purchase a new one, it's not worth the hassle. Also most places in Asia they deal through a large volume distributor... unless you happen to be lucky and have a Yonex headquarter such as Yonex USA, Yonex Canada or Yonex Germany etc etc... It would be best to get into contact with one of these offices in your region if there are any.
    Anyways, best of luck to you.
    -Kelvin

17. tos

tos Guest

cooler wrote:
    >
    > that's crap, a 3U TW or JP has the same warranty, 20
    > lbs max.

If that is the case you really should buy better racket. For 20 € you get a racket with the same weight as MP100 that can take 15 kg tension. ;)

18. Iwan

Iwan Guest

Re: oooh, how?

take it to some metal workshop and ask the people there if they can repair it for you. im not sure if there's metal workshop where you live, but here in indonesia, there's lots of them who usually make custom fence by request. they are the kind of people who repaired my racket.

19. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    My goodness...... Another MP100 broken..... Man, i'm wondering how long mine will last.... Well, i believe that if you brought it back to the place where you friend bought it from, you can tell them that its broken, and its not your fault.

Provided that you yourself didn't break it. Like stringing it too high, smashing it on the ground, leaving it somewhere where someone stepped on it or whatever.

They should replace it for you. In Singapore they would....... In some places.....

20. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Re: oooh, how?

Uglier? From the sound of what Iwan is describing, it will look like props from Mad Max. ;)