User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Iwan

Default Re: oooh, how?

take it to some metal workshop and ask the people there if they can repair it for you. im not sure if there's metal workshop where you live, but here in indonesia, there's lots of them who usually make custom fence by request. they are the kind of people who repaired my racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My Muscle Power 100...Broken...TT...HELP!

My goodness...... Another MP100 broken..... Man, i'm wondering how long mine will last.... Well, i believe that if you brought it back to the place where you friend bought it from, you can tell them that its broken, and its not your fault.

Provided that you yourself didn't break it. Like stringing it too high, smashing it on the ground, leaving it somewhere where someone stepped on it or whatever.

They should replace it for you. In Singapore they would....... In some places.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: oooh, how?

Uglier? From the sound of what Iwan is describing, it will look like props from Mad Max.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see someone break a M100 at the top of the head in between the centre main strings.
    He played with it half a dozen times , it was never restung,just went in the middle of a rally.The bloke has very little power in his game.
    Because the racket was brought abroad it has no garentee. so i'm repairing the racket for him,it adds about a little over a gram to the weight. at least its better the sending it to the racket graveyard.

Why does every time a racket breaks the stringer get the third degree.
    It might be the fact this Yonex model has a fault, or they are load of crap at the moment.Because you all worship the Yonex religon and spend a fortune buying from this company you think they are indestructable.
    BUT THEY DO

Michael

Default You know what?

My friend repairs badminton rackets, and i learned from him how to repair it with some super glue, string, a lighter, and a paper clip.

This is going to be cool~ ^^

not worth the hassle of going to Yonex
    The freaks haven't even replied to my fricking email.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GET MP-55! DUrable as hell and great racquet!

Michael

Default Hey I have another question

What's the difference between the 3u and the 2u?

what the heck are they anyway? WhY is there a difference?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've been saying for quite some time that MP100's seem to have a short lifttime.
    I found it a little curious that Mark considers replacing Slim10 with MP100.

Our S'pore contributers seem to have a good batch of MP100 that don't break.

Yonex isn't a religion although I do have a Yonex racquet. (In fact a few). But my shoes are made by Mizuno. I've had a non-Yonex racquet break (just for the record)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stephen, my negative view on stringers are not across the board. There are good stringers out there. When a racket break without clashing or other external stress, my suspicous lead back to the stringer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a stringer it is the stringers duty, to offer good quality service.

As cooler mentioned there are both good, and bad stringers out there.

When a customer comes to you to get their racquet strung, they are not paying their hard earned money to you, so that you can break their racquet.

As I mentioned there are a few factors to consider when a racquet breaks.
    Obviously if it's a defect, then the defect would have shown itself fairly early, and it is very hard to prove there was a defect in the racquet head, especially when the racquet has been strung already.

In those cases, most people including myself would think of the string tension, and also consider how tight the tension must have been, in which case the stringer would be questioned.
    I just started stringing not too long ago (until my machine's throat mount busted), and I have yet to bust my own racquet (s) from a poor stringing job.

If you're a stringer stringing for other people, it is your duty to offer good quality service to your customers, especially if you want customers, and want to make money doing it.
    Like I mentioned... I put myself in the customers shoes... I wouldn't want to pay money to someone so they can break my racquet for me. Regardless of what brand the person owns, all racquets break. Expensive or inexpensive. Except for most Carbonex racquets. I haven't seen any bust apart at the head before, only in the shaft. but that's another story.

Also the stringer doesn't always get the third degree.
    It's buyer beware for all parties... if the customer does not inspect their own frame before taking it away, technically the liability will on the stringer's hands.
    Again as cooler mentioned above.
    If the string tension was below recommended maximums, and the player did not mistreat their racquet eg. hitting the floor, clashing racquets, mishitting the shuttle etc. and also no defects were found after the string job (which the stringer SHOULD check the racquet for prior to, and after the string job) then again in most cases I would also ask the stringer, if they noticed anything.

Any racquet can break as many of us have dicussed in the forum previously... you can break a racquet any where any time, you dont have to be powerful, or anything at all... a proper hit anywhere on the frame will bust it apart.
    But again.. not everyone is walking around with broken racquets, so why would you need to belly ache about people being "yonex worshippers"
    Another tip... People pay money for better piece of mind, and we all know, that no company is perfect.
    I've broken non-yonex racquets before as well, along with Yonex racquets.
    People dont always discuss everything they break, because if we did, we wouldn't have time to play badminton.

Anyways... another possibility are people who like to start trouble by mentioning touchy subjects.
    I can picture people from other manufacturers and brands duking it out on this forum debating what is better and what is not until they get heart attacks. :lol:
    Again... all pointless.
    People buy what they like, and shouldn't be criticized for what brands they purchase. I dont go around saying to people... "oh you use a XX racquet? that sucks! you should buy ZZ brand because it's the best"
    I mean what the heck is that supposed to mean?
    it's the skills of the players that will bring out the potential of the equipment.
    Yonex loyalists or not... they purchased their goods for a reason.
    Again all pointless criticizing people for the brands they purchase, because you could argue about eating apples and oranges for all people care, it doesn't mean anything at all.
    Now that I've illustrated the futility of that... on with discussing badminton.
    -Kelvin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry guys, think I may have been a little hard on some of you.

All rackets from different companies sometimes break with no reason. However, sometimes as a stringer you are under pressure from players to string rackets at a high tension, which then increases the chances of racket breakages. This is something that everyone wants to avoid.

I can honestly say I care for people's rackets as if they are my own and would be horrified if my neglect was the cause of a racket breaking.

As for yonex: the number one in badminton who make fantastic rackets for all abilities!
    BUT
    Here in the UK we are paying a fortune for the pleasure of owning Yonex compared with most other countries. Because of this, tournament/county players (like myself in the past) who need 3 or 4 rackets cannot afford them so turned to other companies for cheaper alternatives.
    I have been lucky enough to deal with a number of these companies, and my experience has been that they respond to an unfortunate racket breakage with a replacement racket, so as not to lose your business.
    My own personal experience with Yonex, when a racket broke (at a time when my family had little money to keep up with the cost of badminton) was that I was told by Yonex UK that they were sorry, but would not offer me a replacement.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My impression also is that Yonex rarely offer replacement racquets. That's not good but if people still keep buying them, they don't need to review their strategy.

I think other companies that do so are providing good customer service. (if it is a reasonable case).

I agree that UK prices for Yonex raquets are too much.

hypersmazsh

don't feel tooooo..... bad! am on my forth one in six (6) months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying that you have 3 dead MP100 in the course of 6 months??? If so, please elaborate on what happened to them all.

MING

hello,
    I broke my Mp IOO CP today,at ten o'clock I was so hurt 1400 HK$ gone ,
    I try today to refix it with some "epoxy glue and glass fiber",
    I'll tell you if it is good after repaired!!
    MING from Paris

MING

Did you repaired your raquet yet ,
    MING

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2