User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunker View Post
    Personally, I would very much like England or Denmark to win the THomas/Uber cup. It will be a fresh change and a step to globalizing the sport. Also i think it will give the tridisional power houses a shot in the arm and buck up. That will be soooo cooool

By the way it is not just love for the country that is important but love for badminton as a whole too. It is a great chance for badminton to move foreward and become even more popular (not just another backyard activity). SO, go England!!!

*but i still support M'sia ;-p*
    haha apparently, Thomas Cup has yet to step foot out of Asia or to be exact, MAS, INA and CHN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with the-more-the-merrier statements. more participants, more contender for top spots means more popularity and more advancement. let's get badminton out there and well known. for all, not just the dominating asian countries. it will mean more exciting matches, less domination, more money in the sports. and kido, have faith in your countrymen. who to say if and when england break into the top that indonesia will go down. badminton have been indonesia's passion for so long. there will be another taufik, there will be development in indonesia's badminton. have faith that your countrymen will not simply put their racket down and let european country dominate. as will, i strongly believe, malaysian players. if england gets better, malaysian players will get better too. i dream of one day when there will be five different countries winning the five different category in badminton. then it will be so much more exciting. and the win will be all the sweeter. i will forever support malaysia. but i want to see badminton be bigger all over the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God Save the Queen !

Yes, this is good news for England if Christy can get it together. It is not easy but if it works, Asia would suffer. Badminton is not a top sport in England compared to soccer but if enough dollars are spent, there will be interest.

In the next five years, sponsorships for the game will change and it will rise and will attract more players (good ones). It is not right to assume that England cannot bring up good players and be dominant.

Until then, God save the Queen (with all respect).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why badminton isn't being furthered. Simple. No one wants to really aspire it as the $$$ returns from it are pretty damn crap. You might as well work at mcdonalds or something for minimal wage and still might make more than pros.

Ex : ROBOT VIETNAM BADMINTON CHALLENGE 2007

Location : Phan Dinh Phung Stadium in Hochiminh City - Vietnam
    Prize Money: US$ 15,000

---

US$15,000... for the ENTIRE tournament..... right....
    Last edited by FEND.; 05-29-2007 at 09:36 AM. Reason: addition of some other stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kidosetiawan View Post
    I agree most English ppl won't play the sport....why would they wanna play badminton???

lets make a comparison between 2 English guys....Steven Gerrard and Nathan Robertson.....who would English ppl rather be?? I think is the first name no doubt.....

another comparison Andrew Smith or Jermaine Jennas (of course the 2nd one)...English culture is football and rugby not badminton so is unrealistic to challenge Indon and other badminton power house....for Mens single for example Malaysia in the future would have Tan Chun Seang and Lyn kenn wateve his name is...INA will have Andre Kurniawan, Hayom, Ari Yuli Wahyu while in Mixed Indo have Polli and Rizal, Devin Lahardi-Lita Nurlita...so I think is unrealistic......

If I am English I'd rather be Gerrard than Robertson.......well I only like badminton cos its popular in Indonesia and we are only good in badminton
    I have to disagree.

How come no one mention about Korea? Badminton in Korea is even less popular than England but they are one of the 5 power house in badminton for a long time. And also consistently producing top players in the world in all 5 categories (they probably has the 2nd strongest Women division after China.)

I believe it is their talent search, coaching system and government support that is making it happen. If England can follow Korea's footstep I think becoming one of the top nation is badminton is very possible in 10 years of time.

Nevertheless, I think this is a positive act to badminton, we should give encouragement to the English people instead of thinking negatively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well looking at this...Indonesia must stop England's target by setting a higher target...Indonesia mut continue to produce good players so England remain where they are now....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to Kido to manage to stir up interest for so long and I am amaze this thread can get to 3 pages and counting.... Kido, you may wanna consider being a politician to be able to stir up so much interest..but you know it, England would improve with increased funding, as any nation would be, but to be world #1 within 10 years??? Great to have a dream and a hope, but realistically that's not gonna happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Politician?? No mate I am opting to be an accountant lol.........

3 pages long.....well some of them have like 50 pages long so 3 is really nothing lol......well I have to agree 10 years England won't be number 1....maybe ENgland would be at the level of Denmark now in 10 years.....but the thing is in 10 years Denmark would further improve then INA, MAS n CHN will improve as well........so 10 years England would be number 5 after INA, MAS, CHN, DEN, KOR then ENG well maybe number 6 cos THA would be better than them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess Indonesia will just have to work harder. I dont think it is beyond them. Competition is a sure way of improving standards. The ones that cant compete will fall by the way side and be forgoten.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FEND. View Post
    Why badminton isn't being furthered. Simple. No one wants to really aspire it as the $$$ returns from it are pretty damn crap. You might as well work at mcdonalds or something for minimal wage and still might make more than pros.

Ex : ROBOT VIETNAM BADMINTON CHALLENGE 2007

Location : Phan Dinh Phung Stadium in Hochiminh City - Vietnam
    Prize Money: US$ 15,000

---

US$15,000... for the ENTIRE tournament..... right....
    You are correct, the first round casualty lost their shirt and airfare in Vietnam, and probably has to work in the padi field to earn their airfare home! and working in McDonalds in Canada does pay more than pro playing in Vietnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 pages long.....well some of them have like 50 pages long so 3 is really nothing lol......well I have to agree 10 years England won't be number 1....maybe ENgland would be at the level of Denmark now in 10 years.....but the thing is in 10 years Denmark would further improve then INA, MAS n CHN will improve as well........so 10 years England would be number 5 after INA, MAS, CHN, DEN, KOR then ENG well maybe number 6 cos THA would be better than them
    Kido...Whatever England does to increase funding for badminton, that is good news and we need badminton to expand, hopefully to my continent soon. I probably be a bloody oldie before badminton Open comes to North America as I already resigned to seeing the game played on video dl.
    As for INA, I do not understand why you are so pessimistic, preaching gloom and doom for INA badminton. INA is a strong nation with badminton blood in her 200-million population. Yes, it may be dry spell for INA after TH and CJ/TG. Except for CHN with seemingly squads of talents coming up, even MAS went through that low period too until LCW comes along. INA has produced so many exciting players that we fans enjoyed seeing and it will come back.
    As for accountant, you get to count people's rupee and if you take them you go to jail...but for politician, you get your hand on people rupee and if you take them, that is okay...worth considering...hahaha!!! LOL!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kido, yeah, 3 pages are not much when compared to BCL threads extending to hundreds of pages long and stretch past one year, and some fella actaully remember the anniversary of the threads...because so many females...and some males, hahaha!!! are drolling over Bao....hope you are not one of the males, hahahahehehe!!! LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Hi Kido, yeah, 3 pages are not much when compared to BCL threads extending to hundreds of pages long and stretch past one year, and some fella actaully remember the anniversary of the threads...because so many females...and some males, hahaha!!! are drolling over Bao....hope you are not one of the males, hahahahehehe!!! LOL!
    kidosetiawan is on the right path. Accounting is a must have prerequisite before becoming a successful politican in INA. With all those rupee coming in, a successful politican must know what to balance several books, manage several international bank accounts, and make sure u dont get ripoff by other colleage politicians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    kidosetiawan is on the right path. Accounting is a must have prerequisite before becoming a successful politican in INA. With all those rupee coming in, a successful politican must know what to balance several books, manage several international bank accounts, and make sure u dont get ripoff by other colleage politicians
    I'm pretty sure in INA, the currency is rupiah. Rupee is India...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure in INA, the currency is rupiah. Rupee is India...
    Yeah, you are right, thanks...been away from MAS for so long, anyway rupee sounds like rupiah, hahaha!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    You are correct, the first round casualty lost their shirt and airfare in Vietnam, and probably has to work in the padi field to earn their airfare home! and working in McDonalds in Canada does pay more than pro playing in Vietnam.
    The prize money could prolly cover like the airflight? Or something... it's pathetic. That's assume you WIN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The prize money could prolly cover like the airflight? Or something... it's pathetic. That's assume you WIN.
    The cup is probably worth more than the prize money...i.e. if there is even a cup for the winner and not some medal made of tin...well, badminton players are a rare breed, I admire them for the passion and love for the game to turn pro, esp for those who perenially are first round knockout, earn probably zilch! hahaha!!! LOL!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast