anyone playing in Smashing Juniors and JITT?

Discussion in 'Smash City Badminton Club - CLOSED' started by kwun, May 25, 2007.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    going on this weekend. Smashcity is organizing their own junior tournament as well as the Junior International Team Trials. the draws are up in www.smashcity.net .

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i guess not. i was going to head over after dinner, but now after all the babies are done with their routine, it is already 9pm... :(

hopefully Wayne will post the results and/or some photos here. ;)

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i made it to the tournament this morning. managed to watch the JITT MD final and the start of the JITT XD final. very exciting and really shows how much badminton has progressed in the past few years. juniors are showing very marked improvement in their skills. i also talked to a few of the local coaches and they are all quite happy with their progress also.

unfortunately i was not able to stay long nor take any pictures as i brought Brandon along. hopefully Wayne will be able to post the results online?

4. pelegri

pelegri Regular Member

software engineer
    The JITT MD final was _very_ nice! It was a good tournament overall! - eduard/o

5. wlum

wlum Regular Member

Hi Kwun,

Unfortunately, I was too busy working other issues during the tournament. I wasn't able to take pictures -- not one :( I had my camera all charged up, my memory cards reformated, and sitting on my desk -- and there it sat and sat and sat... By the end of the tournament, I couldn't believe I missed the opportunity to take pictures of the best juniors in the US...

Jim will be posting the Smashing Juniors results while the JITT results will be posted by USA Badminton at some point.

It was nice seeing you and your son!!

Take care,

Wayne

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Wayne,

i heard about the bathroom incident. glad you guys have it sorted out and root caused. (pun not intended! ) it must be tough as there are many spectators and players around. but i see that after all your hardwork in the end Smashing Juniors was a really successful tournament and congratulations for it being a success! keep it going as i look forward to entering Brandon and Justin in it in the future. :D