Cant decide between these rackets...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Mark, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Mark

Mark Guest

OK Guys, I am looking to buy some new rackets, but have narrowed the choice.

I cant decide between the Yonex MP100 and the Cab 23. What are the advantages of them? My game is quite power based, I play more doubles than singles. I have played with both and like them, I just cant decide. Also, I was looking at Badminton Alley and saw the Winex Mighty Muscle 100 and that it is a virtual copy of the Yonex. Is it any good and worth getting? Need all the advice I can get, and as I tend to string rackets quite tight approx 24lbs, should I go for one in particular.

Thanks in advance for your advice guys

Mark

2. Iwan

Iwan Guest

well... just want to tell you that according to the people around here, MP 100s break quite easily...

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Mark,
    The Winex MM100 is lighter than the Yonex MP100 but the Winex MM200 is slightly heavier than the MP100. There is no problem with stringing both racquets at 24lbs. The MM100 is being used by one of Canada's junior player (U16) strung at 26lbs.

I think that you have to be careful with stringing at beyond the manufacturer's recommended tension regardless whether it's Yonex or Winex or Carlton. I've tried the MP100 and the MM200 and I like both racquets but have not tried the Winex MM100 since I didn't have one.

In the UK, you should be able to contact Mark of WinexUK for the Winex stuff, his e-mail is mark@calibrecomputing.net

According to Yonex's selection guide, the MP100 & Cab23 ares more a singles-oriented racquets than say, the MP70 or the MP50.

4. modious

modious Regular Member

Well according to me, Gladius and some other people who has the MP 100, it is durable.
    None of us has broken our racket yet!

5. TRON

TRON Guest

get both so you'll be able to switch and blame the bad play on the racket..