Quick question

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by hellspar3, May 27, 2007.

1. hellspar3

hellspar3 Regular Member

Hey guys, I have a quick little question. I have a mp 23 that I broke a while back, I decided to get it restrung today. I had it restrung at 24lbs with bg 65. When I tested it out I realized although it had more power than the stock strings before, control was noticeably worse. Is it because I had it done at 24? Is 24 too high? I heard that bg65 drops it's tension after a couple days use, so I did it at 24 to make sure I don't end up with something too low. What tension are stock strings usually strung at?

Thanks.

2. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Factory is usually 18-20lbs.
    To practice control, hit against the wall, start slow and gradually increase speed and try to control the direction of the shuttle.

3. hellspar3

hellspar3 Regular Member

Ahh no wonder, I think I just need to get used to the difference in tension, as the ones i had before probably went down to at least 18 or so.

I'm such a noob, I actually though higher tension means more power. LOL.

4. skuren_dropp

skuren_dropp Regular Member

Studying
    I think that If you're a hard hitter you'll easily gain more power with higher tension, but if you´re hitting the ball "softer" a lower tension will suit you better. But I don't think you'll loose control if you restrung harder, since it used to give you more control at the net..:)

5. hellspar3

hellspar3 Regular Member

I can't really say it controls worse because I've only tested it out for a few minutes. I just noticed that when I was returning with my backhand it seemed to not feel as controllable. Kind of a numb feeling. I think before it felt "softer", which makes sense since the string is tighter now. I'm sure I'll get used to it.