Racket repairing in the UK

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Lao Liu, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Lao Liu

Lao Liu Guest

I have neverr thought this is necessary until now. My son had a mis-hit on the racket frame and broke his Swing Power Ti SS. I wonder if there are shops or people doing racket repair close to Oxford. How much will it cost. Someone mentioned that central sport does that for 30 pounds, which doesn't sound good value for money to me.

Cheers,

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

for 60pounds We can buy a new SS here! racket repairing at the most in India will cost u a maximum of 3Pounds! That is 10% of what u state! But then u shoudl ideally not string it more than 21-22 after binding! the first gutting after Binding should be only 19Lbs! U can increase it gradually after 6 months to 22!

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    just like stringing, there are good and there are bad repair jobs. I have several AR rackets repaired using carbon/graphite fibers. The unexpected plus was that they are now slightly head heavy and i can smash better with them then originals. Totally pleasantly surprised.

4. Steve willis

Steve willis Regular Member

Badninton coach/fitness trainer
    I do a racket repair service, but i don't do the repair myself.I send them away to be done by the same firm as central sports use. then i do the restringing when they come back
    £30 may sound dear but the existing strings need to be taken out and the racket restrung.The usual cost of a restring nowadays in the UK for basic string is £11to £12. So the rest is the repair and postage cost.
    Thats not to say i charge the same as central sports

the extra weight added by the repair is minimal less than 2 grams, on a racket weighing 80 grams plus its not a lotLao Liu wrote:

Hope this is of help

5. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

Yeah that sounds about right for uk..

MAN I WANNA MOVE TO FAR EAST...60 pounds for SS man that is cheap...im packing my bags right now... yogi where abouts shall i meet u...lol..

on a more serious note...UK is notoriously expensive for badminton or any goods which is why buyin over internet a good idea... but for the repair i dont think you will get much cheaper than 30 pounds.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Sales tax is 17.5% in UK. There is no sales tax in HK. Don't think they have it in M'sia.

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Sales tax is 4% but hey U can always do the deal under the desk! So no worries!

Shaz, if u know anybody who is coming here then i shall def help them out in Procuring one for u!

It is the same rate for Mp 77 as well!

8. Lao Liu

Lao Liu Guest

Steve, can you tell me the firm? I do stringing myself, which should save me a bit.

9. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

heh excellent yogi...ill send someone over asap...heh

i might be travellin to asia in summer so dunno...might stock up on badminton goodies :)

wat are india/pakistan like for badminton goods btw...if any of u know?

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Make sure HK is on your list!!!!

11. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

will do mate

i got friends who go to HK every yr...well one of them goes once per yr so i can even get them to get it...or if i make it there myself i will be stocking up big time!!

12. yongkewu

yongkewu Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I am reparing racket, frame, shaft and handles for badminton players at Bayarea, California, USA. I charge $25 US, $15 restrung optional.