Jakarta Open ( 2007)

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by huangkwokhau, May 28, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I would like sandy/Krisna /badmania/tommy or anybody to share and inform us about the draws and result...

It is good to know the up coming players of INA.
    I believe that this tounament is one of important events for players to be recruited to National team.

Please share with our BCers...
    Thank you!

2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

When is it? This week? Only INA players can participate?

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I think so..only INA players....as BWF will not allow each country to have moe than 1 Challenger....usually..If I am not wrong...many foreign players participate last time..Hope Sandy/Krisna/badmania can give more information....:p

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's used to be called Jakarta Satellite, but, the BWF has decided to award the Challenger event to Surabaya instead. So, we will only have one Indonesia Challenge later this year, to be sponsored as usual by Jawa Post Gudang Garam.

5. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student
    so when is this starting?? who is coming???

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Wow, I didn't realize there's any interest in one of the 8 Indonesian Circuits. The Sumatra and West Java Circuits didn't receive any attention by the BC members... :p

Ok, here's what we know:
    WS
    Top half
    1. Sylvinna Kurniawan
    3/4. Bellaetrix Manuputu
    Note: Rhanny Christina of PB. Djarum is an unseeded contender that will meet Bellaetrix in the R 0f 16. Anatatasya Emaya, formerly of PB. Djarum now at PB. Mutiara probably shall meet the winner of Bella-Rhanny in the quarterfinals.

Bottom half
    3/4. Maria Febe
    2. Maria Elfira
    Note: Rosaria Yusfin Pungkasari is not seeded, but set to meet Febe in the Quarters. Fitria Firdaus from Kutai Kartanegara will challenge Fira in the R of 16. Fitria just won the SGS Elektrik West Java Circuit last week, beating Rhanny in the finals.

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    MS
    Top Half
    1. Andre Kurniawan Tedjono [Djarum]
    5/8. Yoga Pratama [Tangkas]; 2006 National Junior finalist, top Tangkas player after Simon Santoso, Indra Bagus, and Alamsyah Yunus. I think I can safely say he is Tangkas' #4.

3/4. Nugroho Andi Saputro [Djarum]; 2006 National Junior winner
    5/8. Wisnu Haryo Putro [Djarum]
    Note: Other potential challengers include Wimpie Mahardi [Mutiara] who might meet Yoga Pratama in the R. of 32. Achmad Rivai [Ratih] that probably will challenge Nugroho in the R. of 16. Achmad was in Jaya Raya, I think. But now have moved to Ratih Banten.

PB. Jaya Raya does not have a strong MS after Ronald Susilo, Agus Haryanto, and Achmad Rivai left. Jaya Raya historically is slightly more concentrated on WS and WD development. They produced so many top women players like Susy Susanti, Mia Audina, Firdasari, Fransisca Ratnasari, Pia Zebaidah, Gresya Polii, and Bellaetrix etc. Jaya is also good in MD, with players like Tony Gunawan, Chandra Wijaya, Markis Kido, Hendra Setiawan, and Bona Septano. In MS, the only 2 notable names I know are Rudy Hartono and Sigit Pamungkas.

Bottom Half
    5/8. Budi Santoso [Mutiara]; former All England finalist and winner of the first two leg of the Indonesian Circuit in Sumatra and West Java. Budi is currently Mutiara's best player. Before moving to Mutiara Bandung, Budi was the top player of PB. Djarum. After Budi, the 'top Djarum MS player' status went to Holvy de Pauw, who now plays at the German League. After Holvy, the 'top Djarum MS player' status went to Andre Kurniawan. :)
    3/4. Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka [Djarum]; my choice as the next Indonesian star. ;) Last year he went to the Milo Junior Finals; defeated that MAS Jr. player Chan-something in the semis, I think.

5/8. Henry Aprilianto [Djarum]
    2. Ari Yuli Wahyu [Djarum]; last week's Vietnam Challenge finalist
    Note: Watch Ian Jovie Rien [Tangkas] who might meet Henry Aprilianto in the R. of 16. This guy whose name resembles BON JOVI is a talented guy, albeit a bit short in body height. :p

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Unfortunately yes... :mad: PBSI officials decided [incorrectly I thought] to not allow foreign players to participate in the 7 of the 8 Indonesian Circuits.

The 8 Indonesian Circuits, each with a minimum prize money of Rp 50 million [US$ 5700+ at the current exchange rate] are:
    1. Sumatra
    2. West Java
    3. Jakarta
    4. Central Java
    5. Sulawesi
    6. Kalimantan
    7. Bali
    8. East Java [also called the Indonesian Challenge, the only one where foreigners can compete]. Minimum prize money is US$ 15,000.
    Each of the Indonesian Circuit gives at least as much money as an International Series (BWF 4b level). Yes, BWF only allows 2 tournaments per country to be considered part of a BWF ranking event. But in my opinion, all the series should be interesting for the regional neighbours to attend. If the non-Indonesian plays, the country will get more business. :p Through selling food, hotel rooms, plane tickets, etc. And it is more fun & challenging for the up and coming Juniors to play against non-Indonesians. :p

Note: there are actually 4 other noteworthy badminton tournaments held in Indonesia where non-Indonesians can play...
    • Djarum Indonesia Open Superseries
    • Milo Junior International
    • Surya Cup [minimum prize money Rp 75 million or US$ 8600+]
    • Astec Cup [minimum prize money Rp 75 million or US$ 8600+]
    The latter 3 produces Indonesian PBSI ranking points, but not BWF ranking points. Either this year or next year, I heard there are organizers that will organize: Ratih Flypower Cup in Banten and Prasida Cup [or something like that] in Bekasi. Equivalent to the Surya Cup and Astec Cup with a minimum prize money Rp 75 million or US$ 8600+ for the Adult category.

In the future, Indonesia shall have around 12 tournaments [or more] that are at least an equivalent of an International Series. This shall encourage more and more youngsters to take up badminton... :D

In each of these tournaments, PBSI require that there are under 19, under 16, under 14 age categories to encourage the youngsters to compete more. On this point, I give PBSI a thumbs up credit! ;)

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Thank you so much Krisna for info....

10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Krisna!! how about MD and WD?
    Any contact numberfor Jakarta Open?
    Thanks for reporting!!

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    WD
    Top half
    1. Meiliana Jauhari-Shendy Puspa [Djarum]
    3/4. Devi Sukma Wijaya-Irene [Mutiara]; Indonesia's rank #16 pair, but probably the de-facto #12 because some pairs on that list is not active anymore. Devi-Irene is the best pair out Mutiara Bandung.
    Note: Rintan-Purwati [Djarum] will most likely meet Devi-Irene in the quarterfinals and beat them. Then Rintan-Purwati will meet Meliana-Shendy in the semifinals in a showdown of Djarum's top 2 pairs. Some would say that Mel-Shendy and Rintan-Purwati are probably the best 2 WD outside Pelatnas.

Bottom half
    3/4. Luluk Maria Ulfa-Debby Susanto [Djarum]; 2006 Junior National finalist
    2. Bellaetrix-Samantha [Jaya Raya]; 2006 Junior National champion
    Note: We will most likely see a rematch of last year's marathon match at the Junior Nationals between these 2 seeded pairs. These 2 seeded pairs are rivals on the court, but friends if not facing each other. Bella-Samantha would clap & shout in support of Luluk-Debby if the Djarum pair is facing others. Potential challengers include Heni Budiman-Sandrawati Wijaya [Jaya Raya] who can meet Luluk-Debby in the quarterfinals. Sandrawati Wijaya is the younger sister of Chandra Wijaya...:D

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Try Pengda PBSI DKI Jakarta: (021) 573-1895 or 572-7028. Good luck. Hope they will be cooperative... :p

13. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Thanks Krisna...

Pls let us know about MD and XD....

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    MD
    Top half
    1. Fran Kurniawan-Yonathan Suryatama [Djarum]; I would say this new pair has a 80% chance of winning the MD title.
    5/8. Indra Lesmana-Roby Chandra [Mutiara]; this #2 best pair of Mutiara is decent but has no special weapons.
    3/4. Krisna Adi-Syarief Syahmi [Jaya Raya]; err, this Krisna is not me... :p Do not expect this Jaya Raya pair to be as awesome as Tony-Chandra and Kido-Hendra. They are ok, but nothing like their famous clubmates...:D
    5/8. Suryono-Aseng [Riau]; they were finalist of the Sumatra Circuit earlier this year. Good fighting spirit but shall have problems with the top pairs with excellent techniques like Fran-Yoke.
    Note: A. Rivai-Hafidwan Daya [Ratih] might give Fran-Yoke some resistance in the R. of 16, but not much of a resistance. :p David Pohan-Titon Gustaman [Djarum] might just go to the quarterfinals if they play Suryono-Aseng well. David-Titon should be more competent in techniques...

Bottom half
    5/8. Rizky Kurniawan-Tri Kususmawardana [Suryanaga]; this pair better improve fast, otherwise Alvent might not have a decent backup in Suryanaga's team in the Superliga
    3/4. Alfiat Yuris Wirawan-Wifqi Windarto [Djarum]; INA's current top Junior pair :cool: apparently keeps playing in the adult category lately... Last week they competed at the Vietnam Challenge...
    5/8. Dani Bawa-Komang S. [Djarum]; no decent accomplishment yet as an adult pair... I don't know what to say about this pair other than Dani was the 2006 National Junior champion with Alfiat while Wifqi-Komang were the runner ups. Djarum must have split the pair because Dani is 19 this year while Alfiat and Wifqi are still 18.
    2. Enroe-Agung Rohanda [Mutiara]; one of the best pair outside Pelatnas
    Note: Ade Lukas-Hadi Saputra [Djarum] should challenge Enroe-Agung in the R. of 16. The two pairs have met before in the Superliga qualification. At that time, Ade-Hadi was loaned to PB. Musica Champion Kudus. Although the head-to-head history is 1 : 1, I think Enroe-Agung shall prevail agains Ade-Hadi.

I expect Enroe-Agung to give a decent fight before going down to Fran-Yoke in the finals. I think the MD category should be the most fun to watch in this Jakarta Open. ;)

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    XD
    Top half
    1. Enroe-Devi [Mutiara]; INA's top XD pair outside Pelatnas :D
    3/4. Ade Lukas-Purwati [Djarum]; last year's Surabaya Satellite champion...
    Note: A lot of unknown Djarum new combo in the top half... Enroe-Devi will face Dani Bawa-Shendy Puspa [Djarum] :confused::confused:. While Fran Kurniawan-Rintan Apriliana [Djarum] :confused::confused: may well face the winner of that clash in the quarterfinals... Ade-Purwati can face Syarief-Samantha [Jaya Raya], the unseeded pair but with potential, in the quarterfinals.

Bottom half
    3/4. Wifqi Windarto-Debby Susanto [Djarum]; Dutch Junior finalists... played in the Vietnam Challenge and Thailand Series... INA might depend on them to get the XD title at the Asian and World Junior...
    2. Afiat Yuris-Luluk Maria Ulfa[Djarum]; yes, apparently Djarum has a lot of Maria-s [Luluk Maria, Maria Kristin, Maria Elfira, Maria Febe...]. This pair is also groomed to play at the Asian Junior and World Junior...
    Note: Wifqi-Debby might face their more competent seniors Meliana Jauhari-Titon Gustaman [Djarum] in the quarterfinals. If they can get pass Agung-Emma [Mutiara] in the R. of 16. Alfiat-Luluk has an easier draw going into the semifinals.

Strangely, PB. Tangkas did not send any pair to compete in the adult XD...:confused: My bet is that either Enroe-Devi or Ade Lukas-Purwati will be the champion. 3rd and 4th choices are Fran-Rintan and Titon-Meliana... I can't see the Junior XDs like Alfiat-Luluk or Wifqi-Debby going all the way against those senior experienced players in the top half of the draw. The INA Jr. were lucky to have avoid the heavy hitters by the fate of the draw... :p

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    woow...very interesting...cant wait for result...!!

17. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Thank you so much Krisna, keep us updated!!!

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Does anybody else in B.C. care about INA's Under 19? Under 16? Under 14? :D If yes, please write what you know about them... :D

Here's what I know about WS
    Adults
    I feel a bit sad that the draw size for adults is for 32 players and they have TEN byes... So few active adult players. :(

Under 19
    #1 seed Linda Weni [Ragunan] will be surrounded by an army of Djarum Taruna [under 19] girls... Most notably Jenna Gozali [Djarum] who won the Under 19 last week at the West Java Circuit. Supposedly, Jenna was hand-picked by Fang Kaixiang himself. Jenna beat Linda Weni last week in Bandung. But both are candidates for representing INA in the up and coming Asian and World Junior.

But in addition to Jenna, there are 10 other girls from Djarum red & black army, which include Cisita Jansen [Djarum], last year's Smash [reality TV] winner. That show was sort of like American Idol but instead of singing, they played badminton... :D Cisita was not the best skilled player, but she's definitely the best looking. And being trained by Susy Susanti and Alan Budikusuma added to her charisma... :p In terms of better skill, then we have to watch for Tike, Alfa Vivianita, Delis, Ratih, and Variella. The 170cm Variella is a semifinalist in last year's Jakarta Open. In my observation, she is the hardest smasher of all female INA Junior. I still remember her jump-smashes; think of Yip Pui Yin...:p Very rare among WS players.

The draw size is for 64 players, with only one bye. Better participation size than the adults. Oh, and I think the 11-girl-strong Djarum army will not deplete much until the round of 16. I saw so many red & black Djarum shirts playing on almost all the courts in last year's Jakarta Open.

Under 16
    Girls from the two powerhouses, Ragunan and Jaya Raya, shall continue to dominate. [as usual] #1 seed Ayu Pratiwi [Ragunan], #2 seed Gebby Ristiani [Ragunan], and #3/4 seed Aulia Darajat [Ragunan] will probably continue their dominance. Seed #5/8 Rena Soewarno [Jaya Raya], Farah [Jaya Raya] and Shela Devi [Jaya Raya] maybe will pose some challenge to Verawaty's Ragunan horde. There are maybe about 10-15 Jaya Raya girls in this age category.

Oh, for those B.C. members that are unfamiliar with the INA club scene, Ragunan and Jaya raya presently concentrate mainly on developing women players. I believe they would rather put their resources in one category rather than try to dominate every category... due to limited money, naturally... :p [Heck, with a long history of producing Susy and Mia and Firda types, I would do the same thing if I were them]

No strikingly capable Tangkas and Djarum girls in the Under 16 horizon yet... Ganis [Djarum] is seeded #4, but she is so short [maybe 155cm]. No real future. Dea Riska [Djarum] on the other hand, is... maybe 180cm tall or something. But slow and clumsy. I only remember those 2 because of their notable body height.

The draw size is for 128 players. Almost no byes. Meaning: there are more girls playing Junior INA badminton these days...:)

Under 14
    Agitania [Mutiara] is seeded 1st while Sella Devi [Jaya Raya] is seeded 2nd. The draw size is for 128 players. Pretty huge participants here too. :D Go INA badminton! We want our next Susi!

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

There's no doubt abt it. They are the best of the rest. Its a pity Heny Budiman has to quite Pelatnas early. She was doing well in her partnership with Greysia Polii back in the WJC Championships 2004 or 2005.

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Don't worry abt that...armed with his HP....our Hau-Ge is going to pressurize the Pengda, no matter where he will be...up in the mountains or in the jungle :D