User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 19
  1. #1
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Left Knee Injury.

    Hi all,

    I would like to have some insights on what is going on with my left knee.I know i should go see a doc but i am still a student and i cannot afford it just yet.So i want to make sure that go to the doc is really worth my money.I am pretty tight in cash now.

    First thing first, my left knee does not hurt when i do a lunge or stretch out when i receive a net shot or a defend a cross court smash.However what disturbs me most is that the is always a "Clack" sound that comes from the top my left knee.Even when i bend my knee while i just bend my knee druing warm up.

    It can hurt if i play a very long game of rallies and running around.Even when i jog at times i hear the "clack" sound which is very disturbing to me.I have been having this problem for months and recently it has made me very worried.

    It is a joint problem or something else..I have search online for more info but there is nothing that i can seem to know what is really wrong with it..

    Please help me out!!

    Thank you!!!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have left knee problem and I am a right hander.

    You should save money to see a sports medicine specialist.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Huh okok!!! is that the best advice

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, knee problem is very tricky to pinpoint the exact cause. So, save enough money and see a specialist as well as a 3T MRI scan. In the meantime, reduce the amount of jumping and running that you do.

    May I ask how old you are? Have you been doing lots of jumping and running on hard surface?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    Huh okok!!! is that the best advice

  5. #5
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am 22 and yes i do that a lot. I play badminton 14 hours a week
    i do like 30 minutes jog everyday.

    I am 6 feet tall....

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seems like you will head to my path in eight years if you continue to exercise on hard surfaces.

    Did you say your knee crepitate when you bend down? For the moment, try eccentric squats with dumbbells and avoid running. For cardio, do StairMaster, elliptical and bikes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    I am 22 and yes i do that a lot. I play badminton 14 hours a week
    i do like 30 minutes jog everyday.

    I am 6 feet tall....

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London area, UK
    Posts
    3,938
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Joint noises -- cracking, grinding noises -- are known as crepitus.

    Crepitus does not always indicate an injury. Some joint noise is normal; the amount may vary between persons.

    Sometimes, however, crepitus is a sign of arthritis (joint inflammation).

    Crepitus is not normally a cause for concern unless accompanied by other symptoms, such as pain. If the noises are much louder on one side (such as your left leg), however, that could indicate a muscular imbalance or other problem.

    It will be better to consult a doctor, physiotherapist, or sports specialist, who can examine you in person. Can't you at least see a doctor for free?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ozzland
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    visiting docs in AUS is free of charge and also up to 30days in hospital stays too. I would suggest you take a rest (i.e. no jogging etc..) for a week or two before seeing the doc. I have had a knee surgery done to remove the bone debris?? inside my left knee then after a few weeks I began to experience pain on my right knee, I was told that Ive overcompensated it on the other side. Now I have not been jump smashing since, however the problem seemed to have gone... and I have lost alot more games
    Last edited by manabu; 05-26-2007 at 02:32 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Australia actually offers ACI (second generation I think). We don't have ACI in Canada. The most knee sufferers get is microfracture to repair cartilage lesions (defects).

    Quote Originally Posted by manabu View Post
    visiting docs in AUS is free of charge and also up to 30days in hospital stays too. I would suggest you take a rest (i.e. no jogging etc..) for a week or two before seeing the doc. I have had a knee surgery done to remove the bone debris?? inside my left knee then after a few weeks I began to experience pain on my right knee, I was told that Ive overcompensated it on the other side. Now I have not been jump smashing since, however the problem seemed to have gone... and I have lost alot more games

  10. #10
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ACI???


    what is that ??

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    autologous chondrocyte implantation

    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    ACI???


    what is that ??

  12. #12
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmmm okay thanks !!!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ozzland
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pete LSD: The entire thing isn't fully supported by the govt and private health insurance. A MRI scan costs over $200 even with referral from a physio followed by a long wait (public health system), came to a total of $3k+.

    I guess the reason that they have the 2nd gen (MACI?) was because of the number of knee related injuries sustained by the many footballers (Aussie football that is..) there.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    At least Aussies have second generation ACI option, us Canadians have to go to the States (first generatinon - Carticel) or Europe (third generation - Condo). Yes, we have cough out USD35,000 minimum and EURO 70,000, respectively.

    A MRI scan (what's the field strength?) costing AUD200 is cheap. I had to pay CAD 475 for a 1.2 T extremity MRI scan myself. A 3T scan for the knee is CAD 875. The public system in this part of Canada is very reluctant to put patients through MRI scans, unless our knees buckle and lock up.

    Enough rants about the Canadian Medical System, the original poster wants advice about a not so serious knee problem. Once again, he/she should see a specialist first.

    Quote Originally Posted by manabu View Post
    Pete LSD: The entire thing isn't fully supported by the govt and private health insurance. A MRI scan costs over $200 even with referral from a physio followed by a long wait (public health system), came to a total of $3k+.

    I guess the reason that they have the 2nd gen (MACI?) was because of the number of knee related injuries sustained by the many footballers (Aussie football that is..) there.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    all well said here.. i shall go and see a doc i am a he btw!!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    Hi all,

    I would like to have some insights on what is going on with my left knee.I know i should go see a doc but i am still a student and i cannot afford it just yet.So i want to make sure that go to the doc is really worth my money.I am pretty tight in cash now.

    First thing first, my left knee does not hurt when i do a lunge or stretch out when i receive a net shot or a defend a cross court smash.However what disturbs me most is that the is always a "Clack" sound that comes from the top my left knee.Even when i bend my knee while i just bend my knee druing warm up.

    It can hurt if i play a very long game of rallies and running around.Even when i jog at times i hear the "clack" sound which is very disturbing to me.I have been having this problem for months and recently it has made me very worried.

    It is a joint problem or something else..I have search online for more info but there is nothing that i can seem to know what is really wrong with it..

    Please help me out!!

    Thank you!!!
    All you need is a sports doctor or Orhtopaedic surgeon to examine you. If you need an MRI after the examination, plan for it then.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beijing,Guilin,K.L & Jakarta
    Posts
    3,988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i got my rite knees injured as well.My advice,take some rest,and move ur knees often..till it get used to movements.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knee Injury
    By anirban in forum Injuries
    Replies: 4
    : 04-17-2011, 12:21 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    : 10-20-2010, 05:54 PM
  3. Clicking sound in left knee and right elbow.
    By justinwyyau in forum Injuries
    Replies: 14
    : 09-21-2009, 08:43 AM
  4. left knee problems
    By B.Y.C in forum Injuries
    Replies: 6
    : 07-28-2008, 02:40 AM
  5. Why am i having only pain in my left knee?
    By crazy_smasher in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 13
    : 06-12-2008, 02:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •