Zhang Jiewen / Yang Wei - unlucky especially Zhang Jiewen

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by kennethkoc, May 30, 2007.

1. kennethkoc

kennethkoc Regular Member

email support agent
    How unlucky of Yang Wei/ Zhang Jiewen to be not included in the World Championship 2007 edition. Especially Zhang Jiewen she will not be playing both the Sudirman and World Championship. Imagine, Yang Wei/ Zhang Jiewen, world no. 3 as of the moment who is currently the reinging Olympic Champion, 2005 World Championship Gold Medalist, Numerous Series Title Holder, Asian Games Silver Medalist (they are only no.3 becoz they were split up by Yong Bo and doesn;t have chance to play on recent tournaments) was voted out by Yong Bo for Championship. I believe that any other countries would be lucky and extremly happy to have Yang Wei/ Zhang Jiewen to be there players in the Women Doubles Championship. What if this would make Yang Wei / Zhang Jiewen consider playing for other countries such as HK, Mys, or even in Europerian Countires? They are definetely are a super extremely threat for the Women Doubles Team for the CHN Team, especially they are only the Women Doubles Player as of the moment who have a better record than Gao Ling/ Huang Sui at 13/12. What for example they have move in HK to play, then the competion for UBER CUP would be open already, since HK Got Zhou Mi and Wang Chen already. An adder member of Zhang Jiewen/ Yang Wei would be already a huge class for HK team if this would happen. Or Zhang Jiewen may play for MYS Team since her BF is there. This would also be a big factor for the MYS team, since Zhang Jiewen is a top world class women doubles player. I think LYB should give them a chance more to play, since they have already make CHN Proud and outstanding in the Women Doubles Event. Even thou they were upset in the final in the ALL ENGLAND's Final by Zhang Yawen/ Wei Yili and Quarterfinal Event in the start of the series by the Japanese Pair, they were just merely beaten in the 3rd set by 2 pts. Li Yongbo should understand that no one is perfect, that everyone loses, given the time to play, i think they would bounce back and be a true class again. Zhang Jiewen is only 26 yrs. old. so i think she could play for 2 to 3 more years if she wants. That;s only my opinion. What u think folks?? :)

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    correction on the above. Zhang Jiewen will be playing with Gao Ling for the Sudirman Cup.

(thread moved to the WC2007 forum)

3. kidosetiawan

kidosetiawan Regular Member

Student

Play for INA lol...then we shall have a very good chance of winning the Sudirman cup

4. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    kidosetiawan, i think INA will probably get back the cup some time in the future.. the women players for INA are improving recently.. i think few more years they will be a threat to all the players worldwide... :D

5. kidosetiawan

Student
    I doubt it man...seriously....Womens championship has been nothing but formality for the last 10 years......Its amazing how anyone can still believe INA is still gonna be a threat for anything....after TH INA would just be no 10 in Badminton.......thats how I see it...there are nor promising youngsters.......only 2 titles in NZ open and 3 in Vietnam?? is hard to see INA challenging the Sudirman cup...next powerhouse my friend will be your country Malaysia then maybe Korea then China then back to MAS and so on while INA.......we are going to be even worse than HK if this continues

6. kennethkoc

email support agent
    really, i tot is Zhang Yawen's name in the sudirman cap not Zhang Jiewen? which i have seen in the CHN team's squad in the Sudirman Cap Post Thread.

7. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Both zhang yawen and zhang jiewen are in the team.Maybe zhang jiewen will play in the early round only

8. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I think Yang/Zhang are not as strong as they were.In doubles it is normal that one pair will feel boring with their partner if they play for a long time.The decision of splitting them is a good decision.Maybe one day zhang jw will find her new good partner.
    The other problem in china squad is they have too many good WD pairs.They have gao/huang,yang/zhao,wei/zhang,and du/yu and dont forget to put zhang dan(maybe zhang jw will play with Zhang dan if huang sui is back in the team).They also have some up coming pair such as cheng su/zhao yu lei and ma jin/wang xiao li.

9. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    nah.... INA WONT!!!! cuz its impossible.. BADMINTON is in INA, CHN, and of cuz MAS's blood.... INA cant just fade away just like tat

10. kidosetiawan

Student
    I hope you are right...cos right now I am ashamed of our badminton....is not going well and nothing has been done about it

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

CHN had produced a lot of talented WD. So,they can rotate any pair at anytime adjusted by their goals. It's opportunity for Du Jing/Yu Yang to gain more ranking points from this BWF Level 1 tourney. Yang W/Zhang JW certainly understand about this consequency ordered by LYB,still next chance for them to shine especially Beijing Games/08.

12. kennethkoc

email support agent
    Do you think LYB will give them a chance to be partner again? Yang Wei/ Zhang Jiewen? I think LYB should give them a chance. I think they deserve it. Besides, what's reigning Olympic Champion, and 2005 World Championsip Gold Medalist worth for? right? hehe

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hi Kido...I do not share your pessimism regarding INA badminton future. INA has a strong and proud history in badminton, produced players in the like of Hartono, Hendrawan, Rexy, Ricky, Tjun Tjun, Susi (my favorite WS player of all time), etc and we can't even name all the superstars...sure this is a lean spell, get rid of PBSI, and with 200+ million population and badminton in the blood of its people, the next superstar will emerge...that we can count on INA....and you do not need to beg Rexy to "call home" like ET did, just leave Rexy in MAS, thank you very much!!! Hahaha!
    MAS with <30 million people can produce many superstars of badminton, INA with 6+ times the population can sure do better. That I am very sure will happen. Just keep praying....:)

14. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't think China put that much attention on WD about who partners with who, the result is the same in winning note. Korea use to be able to challenge in that department when Ra Yuming was still around ...

15. seawell

seawell Regular Member

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Great, CTF will be very happy ........

17. Just4Kicks

Just4Kicks Regular Member

Chef
    Seawell thats good news indeed...

too bad they weren't paired earlier again, I was really hoping to see them here in the recently concluded Philippine Open. Oh well at least i get to shake hands with Yang Wei and have her picture.

I hope they win. And Gao and Huang silver.. although i love the pairs equally... i think Zhang Jiewen needs to prove herself more right now. Hey maybe Zhang and Yang for wc..then Gao and Huang for Olympics...

dont care much for Du and Yu... saw them play at the China open on tv... a little too cocky for my taste, good thing Lilyana and Vita showed them who's the boss. hehe

18. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

This is a very very very good news =)

19. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I've told you guys many times, that's all politics.

Zhang Jiewen will NOT play this WC because she's not given the chance.

Li YB and coaches had made decision to dump Zhang Jiewen for Zhao TT and Yu Yang/Du Jin. Zhang Jiewen is one of the most gifted talents in women's doubles history. But that's not enough to give her a chance to play professional badminton anymore.

China is a communism county, that is the country under strict dictatorship. Under that system, only a small portion of human potentials have been deployed. If China were like Denmark, there would be no space left for guys like Taufik, Lee CW or Peter Gade.

You might think the national players in China are the best players in China. In fact, it's not that true. First, those players got to have relationships and supports from coaches and other managers. Only good in playing is not good enough. Many national championship cannot join the national team while many national team members never get any decent results. Zhao TT is a long time example. Yu/Du lost to many local players many times too. Plus Zhang Ning, those are coaches personal related players.

By the way, Yang Wei had said it public that she got surprised when ZJW replaced. She said ZJW's her best friend, and she's more confident and comfortable playing with ZJW. By the way YW and ZJW are from the same club.

By the way, Yang Wei /Zhang Jiewen have won many national champions also. They were unstoppable in China after Ge/Gu. Gao Ling and Huang Sui have never come even close inside China. Zhang Jiewen is younger than Yang Wei and she's also a very decent mixed double player.

When players realize that they cannot play for the national team, then their careers are finished, and their levels of playing will be plummeting because of lack of training.

Of course, the systems in Indonesia, or Malaysia are not much better either. In fact, I should say, Malaysia system is a little bit better.

#19 2cents, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  20. Just4Kicks

Just4Kicks Regular Member

Chef
    Uhm mr 2cents..so the IBF posting is not true.. that china has reconfirmed the joining of Yang and Zhang for the world championships? It said yes there.. the last time ic hecked..which was a few minutes ago.