User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Huang Sui - A Touching Story

there is a really moving story about Huang Sui recent decision to retire and come back. unfortunately, it was written in Chinese. i personally don't have the time to do the translation but i hope someone will be able to. it is a touching story and shows how much young Chinese athletes sacrifice for success in their sports.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2007-05-...52954081.shtml

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So touching....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree........... There had been many rumours of Huang Sui retiring because of her husband etc... and I thought it was really gonna happen when Gao Ling was paired up with Zhang Jiewen. So glad to know.......Thanks for the translation, ctjcad!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default OK, let's try again..

...hope this translation is a bit more understandable..sorry again all..
    ================================================== ========
    http://translate.google.com/translat...52954081.shtml

Huang Sui : retired choice for the family owed much to his father returned

By the end of March, the national team's training camp at Jinjiang 50 team members, there is no women's doubles main Huang Sui name, Later in the month, Huang Sui did not appear in Jinjiang training bases nor, in the national team training hall and apartments, but low-key return to his home in Zhuzhou, Hunan, always accompany family around until mid-April came to join the national team and Jinjiang.

During my father got sick, as the only girl Huang Sui wrote of a retired paper applications. On one side is the dream of Olympic champion and the other side is the responsibility as a daughter, in a difficult choice, Huang Sui eventually recover this paper applications or wings, and his father a happy smile, Huang Sui with greater confidence before ...

See the father, the corners of his eyes was not consciously punch

In departed for Birmingham in the first two days Quanyangsai Huang Sui received a home phone, said his father is sick. Huang Sui are obsessed with the idea of the time on the seventh Quanyangsai win women's doubles champion, and not take too much notice of what my father got sick of the news. She thought : even his father usually have little in the cold, not sure what is more serious, I still diligently to beat All-England and Switzerland, two stations Super Cup series, with the other turned back after you ask for leave, With the gold medal back to visit his father, his father might see me and gold, this is like a disease.

Quanyangsai did not give Huang Sui having a competition while she was straining injury flared up, and this has greatly affected her play. She not only in the semifinals and partner high Ling already lost teammate Zhang Yawen / Wei Yili. but abandoned the station after the Swiss Competition. Because of the accident, Huang Sui early return to Beijing, she turned to take leave from March 13 to return to the Hunan Zhuzhou homes.

We thought this father is a cold, fever like minor ailments, but Huang Sui home to see the first of the father, know her father's illness she would no longer so simple, the Face of Depression, the dark eyes and short of the spirit At this time the father is lying Hospital beds, X-ray film needs, the need to take medicine needs of mothers and their husbands turns looking after him. See all of this, Huang Sui also without a word, his eyes already moist.

Retired choice, because too many families owe

Said his father had three wishes : driving a car, travel, see Huang Sui fight Beijing Olympics. In response, Huang Sui has been remembered in my heart. To fulfill his father's desire to travel, cloaked in the spirit of his father quite well when Huang Sui father took from the hospital, and With parents to Yunnan and Hainan turn in a circle.

In Yunnan, as reaction to the altitude, the father always breath and kept coughing. Hainan following day, the father of the disease increased, has been vomiting blood. Mother saw his wife's life for many years now so difficult, one day at the seaside course on the highway to the ocean depths around, Huang Sui mother cried and pulled back. See sick father and the mother the verge of collapse, Huang Sui feel that the house should take up the responsibility of a daughter.

Top of Zhuzhou, Huang Sui carefully sorting out their own for so many years and the home of many along the way : four years ago it was the mother grew up, went 7-year-old Sports School, for so many years. She only and parents to live together for less than three years. Childhood family environment is not good, both for the laid-off parents for their kids, maintained each went by too many hardships. Now, making his achievements, the means and the ability to allow parents droves, and the father is sick. Huang Sui think just come back one day and my father was playing golf scene, it is the first time in decades, and his father ball Although only two minutes of beating, in which his father has not so tired surge onto gas, but he stopped some villagers boasted : "You look at our daughter back with me playing it a long time not so much fun. "Huang Sui watched his father to meet smiling faces, fortifying his mind after long discussion ideas.

Huang Sui picked up a pen and wrote to Chichisuosuo "I have been away from home, is now home when I need to, Wang turned the sake of "the discourse. Every word in her heart. She also unwilling, four major women's doubles team not on her Olympic champion in 2008 is her dream. But she can only do so. Huang Sui he worked hard on his own, said : "Tai said that the Chinese women's doubles strength so strong, and a few I could still manner; to fiction, I was the only one home child, they need most of my time, I have to stay. "She retired in this application, solemnly signed his name.

Choice of return, because many people can not live up to

Huang Sui informed decision retired news, April 15, Chinese badminton team coach Yong-Bo Li and the women's doubles coach Tian Bingyi with high-Ling, Zhang Ning, Lin Dan, and other eight members, made a special trip from Jinjiang came to visit Huang Sui Zhuzhou father and Huang Sui. ”Yong-Bo Li Huang Sui right to say : "You sick father, it is difficult, too, but you have to pull together, I hope you will reconsider the matter retired. After all fought for so many years, now the level of hitting someone. We all want you back to the ranks. "

Gao Ling partner of parents, who made a special trip, the high-Ling Huang Sui mother holding the hand and said : "Son, I can understand your feelings at this time, I am also a parent, I also have a daughter, but things have happened, you stay here it, you have to think about your father you want to see the most is what it would be like ah. We do not advise you to then go back and high-Ling ball just want to tell you that no matter how kind, and you are high Ling lifelong friends, We are your relatives. "Huang Sui woman burst into tears.

Gao Ling of the parents and coaches, teammates left the same evening, the father of the initiative to find Huang Sui said to her : "You go back to it, because my family was not a matter on to give up your career. "Huang Sui : "You have so I hope the Olympic champion? "My father said firmly :" Yes, because this is your wish, that is my wish, many people wish. "... sick father on ordinary day 21:00 on bed rest, and that day, they have to chat at midnight 12:30. After the mother sit at the bedside Huang Sui, said to her : "Two things I have in this life is the most precious. I was a dad and your marriage certificate, you won an all medals. I do not say anything, I respect your choice. However, you must follow your own will and will not do what sacrifice. "This chat chat on the 2:00 more. ”Huang Sui this time without the slightest sleepy, and her husband Wang Xiaojun robe which leaves each other's thoughts, her husband said to her : "From my point of really bad evaluation, if I allow you to continue to play ball, You may find me because you care about the reputation and status, but, you know, Your insistence that now is not to next year's Olympic Games? you do not attack, you will regret it for life. "

7:00 the next day, the whole family together to eat breakfast, Huang Sui last night watching a people do not have hardships appearances, heart silently asked myself : "how should I do? "At this point, she reminded the coach's high expectations, Gao Ling and mind for so many years through the days, I think the high Ling loving mother's words, the recall last night and talked to the family, She thought her father's wishes -- to see their fight Beijing Olympics. After dinner, 9:00 Huang Sui went on a 16:00 Jinjiang fly the plane, the whole family was relieved that his father smiled : "That's right, go back to reassure it. "

In the days to come more emotion

Return to the ranks of the middle, Huang Sui resume training began, but her heart is still very difficult, we did not see their families, The father did not know the disease is not good, only a day by phone and said something about his family. Although tremendous heart to withstand the pain, but from the training ground of the Huang Sui face do not see any difference, she said : "If I choose to return, I have to be responsible for their own choices, my partner, responsible for the entire team, Here, no special. "

Back, Huang Sui feel more cared for. Yong-Bo Li will be the head coach asked her resume like? Physical discomfort is nothing? Tian Bingyi coach of the meal to tell her when to eat, and had lost much recently. Gao Ling Each gate will ask her not wanted, to bring the. Earlier Huang Sui is Dadaileilei, sturdy character, through this thing, she said she had changed and become sensitive, become Thanksgiving, she thanked all those who helped her people.

Now, Huang Sui to restore the physical well only in the capacity to resume still needs a bit of time. Singapore and Indonesia two points super tournament she has not reported on, and Sudimanbei basically is not going to join, but Huang Sui very optimistic, since she had a conviction to support her, her more motivated to move forward : "To my father, I must win the Olympics, This may also occur during other things, But I think I will stick down. I know that time is right for each people how important it is, I will take care of their relatives. with the firm conviction all the way forward. "(" badminton "exclusive provide)
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-01-2007 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's unreadable, but thanks for the effort ctjcad. Waiting for a "proper" translation, cause my brain is convoluted trying to read the online-translation verssion.

-dave

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yes, i'm waiting also..

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck View Post
    It's unreadable, but thanks for the effort ctjcad. Waiting for a "proper" translation, cause my brain is convoluted trying to read the online-translation verssion.

-dave
    ...although most of the content is basically there. Just need some 'tweaking' to make it 'understandable' in normal English..kwun, want to give it a go at re-wording or re-phrasing the article??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-01-2007 at 02:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give it a try:

At the Chine National Team training camp at Jin Jiang in March, Huang Sui was not among the 50 players. Neither was she present at the national team training hall in Beijing nor the players’ apartments. Huang Sui was with her family at home at Zhu Zhou, Hunan province during that time. Only till mid-April, she returned to join her national team mates at Jin Jiang.

During that period, Huang Sui’s father was ill; being the only child, Huang Sui even prepared a letter of resignation from the national team so that she could spend more time with her parents. Caught between the dilemma of fulfilling the dream of being an Olympic champion and being a responsible child; Huang Sui made a difficult decision of remaining in the national team. With her father’s approval, Huang Sui moves forth in her path with even more confidence.

2 days before leaving for AE2007, Huang Sui received a notice that her father was ill. But Huang Sui was fully concentrating on her possible 7th AE WD title, and did not pay much attention to this notice, thinking her father illness could not be anything serious. She planned to take a vacation after the AE2007 and Swiss Open, and perhaps her father would have recovered by then.

But Huang Sui did not succeed in AE, her back injury affected her performance and she lost the WD with GL to compatriot ZYW/WTL in the semi. With the injury, she has to give up competing in the Swiss Open too. Huang Sui finally returned to Beijing and took a vacation and back to Zhu Zhou, Hunan province on 13th March.

Thinking perhaps her father was down with flu or fever; Huang Sui was surprised to find her father illness was far more serious. He was hospitalized, needing x-ray and medication, with Huang Sui’s mother and husband taking turn looking after him. Huang Sui was in tear when she saw that.

Huang Sui’s father has 3 wishes: to be able to drive around, to be able to travel and to see Huang Sui plays in Beijing’s Olympic. To fulfill part of his dream, Huang Sui took her father out of the hospital and brought her parents to a short tour to Yunnan and Hunan.

While at Yunnan, her father’s condition worsened because of high altitude syndrome. Huang Sui’s mother could not bear to see the suffering on the old man and even attempted to commit suicide but was stopped. Looking at the dying father and the mentally-stressed mother, Huang Sui felt that it was time for her, as the only child, to take on the burden and responsibility of the family.

On their way back to Zhu Zhou, Huang Sui recalled her life so far: she used to live with her grandmother until she was 4, and left for sports academy at 7, she actually has only spent 3 years with her parents so far. Coming from a poor family, her parents have to work hard and save much to support her progress in badminton. Now when she has achieved something and is able to support her parents, yet her father is down with illness. She recalled she once played with her father during one of her vacation, her father was struggling to catch his breath after just 2 minutes, but he was still proudly proclaimed to everyone that he was so happy that his daughter was back to play badminton with him. Looking at her father face, Huang Sui made up her mind.

She wrote to the badminton association: “I left home since I was young and now my family needs me and I hope the association can approve my withdrawal.” This was written despite Huang Sui wanted to win the Beijing Olympic badly, since the current top 4 WD players, she is the only one without an Olympic medal. But she told herself: “China WD is strong with or without me, and probably would win any championship easily. On the other hand, I am the only child in the family and I should stay put when my family needed me most.” On this thought, she signed on the resignation letter.

After receiving the news that Huang Sui has withdrawn herself from the national team, head-coach LYB and WD-coach TBY, together with 8 other team members including GL, ZN and LD, visited Huang Sui and her family in Zhou Zhu on the 15th of April. LYB told Huang Sui: “We felt sorry for you and you father, but you need to stand up against the adversity and reconsider your decision to withdraw from the national team. It is not easy to achieve the level you are now and we all hope that you will return to the team.”

GL’s parents also came along to talk to Huang Sui. GL’s mother said: “I can understand how you feel now. I am too a parent and I have a daughter. But whatever happened happens, and you cannot turn back the clock now. You need to remember what your father wanted you to be. We will not persuade you to play with GL, but we want you to know that whatever decision you made, GL is still your friend and we are your family too.” Huang Sui was moved to tears.

On the same night after all the visitors left, Huang Sui’s father told her: “Go back to your team, do not give up your career because of what happen in the family.” Huang Sui asked: “Do you really want to see me becoming an Olympic champion?” Her father answered firmly: “Yes. That is your dream, that is my dream and that is many other’s dream too”. Despite in illness, Huang Sui’s father continued to chat with her till midnight. After that, Huang Sui’s mother told her: “There are 2 things I treasured most, one is my marriage certificate, and the other is all the medals you have won. I respect you decision, but you need to go where you wanted most and do not sacrifice your dream for any other things.” The conversation last till 2 in the morning. Huang Sui also discussed the matter with her husband, Wang Siao Jun, who said: “It is hard for me to comment. If I asked you to continue playing, you might think that I care more about your fame and honor. But you have come this far because you wanted to play in next year’s Olympic. If you gave up now, you would regret for the rest of your life.”

This next morning, Huang Sui was still thinking over what was said and asking herself what she should do. She recalled the expectation of her coaches, the playing days with GL, the loving and comforting words of her mother, and her father’s dream – seeing her in the Beijing Olympic. Finally, Huang Sui went ahead to book an afternoon flight back to Jin Jiang. The family was relieved about her decision.

Once back to the team, Huang Sui commenced regular training. She could only talk to her family over phone, and she was still emotional about not seeing her family and not knowing if her father was any better. Although with such burden, Huang Sui did not show that on court. She said: “I have chosen to return here and I have to be responsible to my own decision, be responsible to my partner and be responsible to the team. I do not expect any special treatment.”

Since her return, Huang Sui has felt more cares given to her from coach LYB and TBY as well as from GL. Huang Sui used to be a easy-going and tough person, but after this incident, she has now become more sensitive, more appreciative, and she really thankful to all those who helped her through this.

Right now, Huang Sui has almost recovered her fitness level, and probably need a bit more time before she is back to full fitness. She did not make it to Singapore Open and Indonesia Open, and probably would not make it to Sudirman Cup. But yet she is optimistic, because there is a firm believe within her that support her and pushing her along: “For my father, I must play well in Olympic. Many other things may happen during this period, but I am sure I can stand firm. I know time is important to everyone, I will carry the loving cares of my parents and march forth with faith.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Alright, that sounds better..^^

..thanks for putting in your effort, Linus..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

awesome translation. thanks Linus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem. I like translation.

But after reading the original text a few times, I can't help but feel for Huang Sui. The original article was full of the ideology of "sacrificing oneself for the better of the overall". I wonder if Huang Sui would be really happy even if she won the Olympic gold. Sigh......
    Last edited by Linus; 06-01-2007 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a rough ride for HS, i hope all her sacrifices and hard work pays off in the end ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, there is a typo in the 4th paragraph in the 3rd part:
    "...... the current top 4 WD players, she is the only one with an Olympic medal"

It should read:
    "...... the current top 4 WD players, she is the only one without an Olympic medal"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Kwun, ctjcad & Linus, a big thank you. Articles like this help to remove speculations & are eye-openers & perhaps will teach us to be more understanding & less critical of the players when they make mistakes & failed to live up to our expectation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...although most of the content is basically there. Just need some 'tweaking' to make it 'understandable' in normal English..kwun, want to give it a go at re-wording or re-phrasing the article??..
    Agree it was very tough reading. Gave up mid way.

How did you get this - from someone's translation in Google? Or Google has a translating machine that can read Chinese and rewrite in English!

OK, now I'll read Linus' version.
    Last edited by Loh; 06-01-2007 at 04:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linus ftw. Thanks man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink It's a secret...

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    How did you get this - from someone's translation in Google? Or Google has a translating machine that can read Chinese and rewrite in English!
    ..hehehe..noo, j/k..yes, it's actually from Google & it has a translation engine which when you put in the url address of a particular site, it will translate it for you..I think it took me like a few seconds to wait for the translation to generate..The interesting thing is, notice it also translates all the other ads, news headers, which are all over the site, into English..
    * I wonder if they'll allow another different translation to be put on there->ex. take Linus' translation..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-01-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just reposting some rememberable pics of huang sui in this thread.

The pic with her parents was taken from seawell's great thread of Shuttlers Parents. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ight=Huang+Sui

I think gao ling and huang sui is a match pair, having the best synergy of any women double pairs.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by cooler; 06-01-2007 at 03:18 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast