Huang Sui - A Touching Story

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by kwun, May 31, 2007.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    there is a really moving story about Huang Sui recent decision to retire and come back. unfortunately, it was written in Chinese. i personally don't have the time to do the translation but i hope someone will be able to. it is a touching story and shows how much young Chinese athletes sacrifice for success in their sports.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2007-05-31/09252954081.shtml

2. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    So touching....

3. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    I agree........... There had been many rumours of Huang Sui retiring because of her husband etc... and I thought it was really gonna happen when Gao Ling was paired up with Zhang Jiewen. So glad to know.......Thanks for the translation, ctjcad!!

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

OK, let's try again..

...hope this translation is a bit more understandable;)..sorry again all..:p
    ==========================================================
    http://translate.google.com/transla...ts.sina.com.cn/o/2007-05-31/09252954081.shtml

Huang Sui : retired choice for the family owed much to his father returned

By the end of March, the national team's training camp at Jinjiang 50 team members, there is no women's doubles main Huang Sui name, Later in the month, Huang Sui did not appear in Jinjiang training bases nor, in the national team training hall and apartments, but low-key return to his home in Zhuzhou, Hunan, always accompany family around until mid-April came to join the national team and Jinjiang.

During my father got sick, as the only girl Huang Sui wrote of a retired paper applications. On one side is the dream of Olympic champion and the other side is the responsibility as a daughter, in a difficult choice, Huang Sui eventually recover this paper applications or wings, and his father a happy smile, Huang Sui with greater confidence before ...

See the father, the corners of his eyes was not consciously punch

In departed for Birmingham in the first two days Quanyangsai Huang Sui received a home phone, said his father is sick. Huang Sui are obsessed with the idea of the time on the seventh Quanyangsai win women's doubles champion, and not take too much notice of what my father got sick of the news. She thought : even his father usually have little in the cold, not sure what is more serious, I still diligently to beat All-England and Switzerland, two stations Super Cup series, with the other turned back after you ask for leave, With the gold medal back to visit his father, his father might see me and gold, this is like a disease.

Quanyangsai did not give Huang Sui having a competition while she was straining injury flared up, and this has greatly affected her play. She not only in the semifinals and partner high Ling already lost teammate Zhang Yawen / Wei Yili. but abandoned the station after the Swiss Competition. Because of the accident, Huang Sui early return to Beijing, she turned to take leave from March 13 to return to the Hunan Zhuzhou homes.

We thought this father is a cold, fever like minor ailments, but Huang Sui home to see the first of the father, know her father's illness she would no longer so simple, the Face of Depression, the dark eyes and short of the spirit At this time the father is lying Hospital beds, X-ray film needs, the need to take medicine needs of mothers and their husbands turns looking after him. See all of this, Huang Sui also without a word, his eyes already moist.

Retired choice, because too many families owe

Said his father had three wishes : driving a car, travel, see Huang Sui fight Beijing Olympics. In response, Huang Sui has been remembered in my heart. To fulfill his father's desire to travel, cloaked in the spirit of his father quite well when Huang Sui father took from the hospital, and With parents to Yunnan and Hainan turn in a circle.

In Yunnan, as reaction to the altitude, the father always breath and kept coughing. Hainan following day, the father of the disease increased, has been vomiting blood. Mother saw his wife's life for many years now so difficult, one day at the seaside course on the highway to the ocean depths around, Huang Sui mother cried and pulled back. See sick father and the mother the verge of collapse, Huang Sui feel that the house should take up the responsibility of a daughter.

Top of Zhuzhou, Huang Sui carefully sorting out their own for so many years and the home of many along the way : four years ago it was the mother grew up, went 7-year-old Sports School, for so many years. She only and parents to live together for less than three years. Childhood family environment is not good, both for the laid-off parents for their kids, maintained each went by too many hardships. Now, making his achievements, the means and the ability to allow parents droves, and the father is sick. Huang Sui think just come back one day and my father was playing golf scene, it is the first time in decades, and his father ball Although only two minutes of beating, in which his father has not so tired surge onto gas, but he stopped some villagers boasted : "You look at our daughter back with me playing it a long time not so much fun. "Huang Sui watched his father to meet smiling faces, fortifying his mind after long discussion ideas.

Huang Sui picked up a pen and wrote to Chichisuosuo "I have been away from home, is now home when I need to, Wang turned the sake of "the discourse. Every word in her heart. She also unwilling, four major women's doubles team not on her Olympic champion in 2008 is her dream. But she can only do so. Huang Sui he worked hard on his own, said : "Tai said that the Chinese women's doubles strength so strong, and a few I could still manner; to fiction, I was the only one home child, they need most of my time, I have to stay. "She retired in this application, solemnly signed his name.

Choice of return, because many people can not live up to

Huang Sui informed decision retired news, April 15, Chinese badminton team coach Yong-Bo Li and the women's doubles coach Tian Bingyi with high-Ling, Zhang Ning, Lin Dan, and other eight members, made a special trip from Jinjiang came to visit Huang Sui Zhuzhou father and Huang Sui. ”Yong-Bo Li Huang Sui right to say : "You sick father, it is difficult, too, but you have to pull together, I hope you will reconsider the matter retired. After all fought for so many years, now the level of hitting someone. We all want you back to the ranks. "

Gao Ling partner of parents, who made a special trip, the high-Ling Huang Sui mother holding the hand and said : "Son, I can understand your feelings at this time, I am also a parent, I also have a daughter, but things have happened, you stay here it, you have to think about your father you want to see the most is what it would be like ah. We do not advise you to then go back and high-Ling ball just want to tell you that no matter how kind, and you are high Ling lifelong friends, We are your relatives. "Huang Sui woman burst into tears.

Gao Ling of the parents and coaches, teammates left the same evening, the father of the initiative to find Huang Sui said to her : "You go back to it, because my family was not a matter on to give up your career. "Huang Sui : "You have so I hope the Olympic champion? "My father said firmly :" Yes, because this is your wish, that is my wish, many people wish. "... sick father on ordinary day 21:00 on bed rest, and that day, they have to chat at midnight 12:30. After the mother sit at the bedside Huang Sui, said to her : "Two things I have in this life is the most precious. I was a dad and your marriage certificate, you won an all medals. I do not say anything, I respect your choice. However, you must follow your own will and will not do what sacrifice. "This chat chat on the 2:00 more. ”Huang Sui this time without the slightest sleepy, and her husband Wang Xiaojun robe which leaves each other's thoughts, her husband said to her : "From my point of really bad evaluation, if I allow you to continue to play ball, You may find me because you care about the reputation and status, but, you know, Your insistence that now is not to next year's Olympic Games? you do not attack, you will regret it for life. "

7:00 the next day, the whole family together to eat breakfast, Huang Sui last night watching a people do not have hardships appearances, heart silently asked myself : "how should I do? "At this point, she reminded the coach's high expectations, Gao Ling and mind for so many years through the days, I think the high Ling loving mother's words, the recall last night and talked to the family, She thought her father's wishes -- to see their fight Beijing Olympics. After dinner, 9:00 Huang Sui went on a 16:00 Jinjiang fly the plane, the whole family was relieved that his father smiled : "That's right, go back to reassure it. "

In the days to come more emotion

Return to the ranks of the middle, Huang Sui resume training began, but her heart is still very difficult, we did not see their families, The father did not know the disease is not good, only a day by phone and said something about his family. Although tremendous heart to withstand the pain, but from the training ground of the Huang Sui face do not see any difference, she said : "If I choose to return, I have to be responsible for their own choices, my partner, responsible for the entire team, Here, no special. "

Back, Huang Sui feel more cared for. Yong-Bo Li will be the head coach asked her resume like? Physical discomfort is nothing? Tian Bingyi coach of the meal to tell her when to eat, and had lost much recently. Gao Ling Each gate will ask her not wanted, to bring the. Earlier Huang Sui is Dadaileilei, sturdy character, through this thing, she said she had changed and become sensitive, become Thanksgiving, she thanked all those who helped her people.

Now, Huang Sui to restore the physical well only in the capacity to resume still needs a bit of time. Singapore and Indonesia two points super tournament she has not reported on, and Sudimanbei basically is not going to join, but Huang Sui very optimistic, since she had a conviction to support her, her more motivated to move forward : "To my father, I must win the Olympics, This may also occur during other things, But I think I will stick down. I know that time is right for each people how important it is, I will take care of their relatives. with the firm conviction all the way forward. "(" badminton "exclusive provide)

#4 ctjcad, May 31, 2007
    Last edited: May 31, 2007
    kwun likes this.
  5. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    It's unreadable, but thanks for the effort ctjcad. Waiting for a "proper" translation, cause my brain is convoluted trying to read the online-translation verssion.

-dave

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, i'm waiting also..

...although most of the content is basically there. Just need some 'tweaking' to make it 'understandable' in normal English..kwun, want to give it a go at re-wording or re-phrasing the article??..;):):cool:

#6 ctjcad, May 31, 2007
    Last edited: May 31, 2007
  7. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    I'll give it a try:

kwun likes this.
  8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Alright, that sounds better..^^

..thanks for putting in your effort, Linus..;):cool:

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    awesome translation. thanks Linus.

10. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    No problem. I like translation.

But after reading the original text a few times, I can't help but feel for Huang Sui. The original article was full of the ideology of "sacrificing oneself for the better of the overall". I wonder if Huang Sui would be really happy even if she won the Olympic gold. Sigh......

#10 Linus, Jun 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  11. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

that's a rough ride for HS, i hope all her sacrifices and hard work pays off in the end ...

12. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Sorry, there is a typo in the 4th paragraph in the 3rd part:
    "...... the current top 4 WD players, she is the only one with an Olympic medal"

It should read:
    "...... the current top 4 WD players, she is the only one without an Olympic medal"

13. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

To Kwun, ctjcad & Linus, a big thank you. Articles like this help to remove speculations & are eye-openers & perhaps will teach us to be more understanding & less critical of the players when they make mistakes & failed to live up to our expectation.

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Agree it was very tough reading. Gave up mid way.

How did you get this - from someone's translation in Google? Or Google has a translating machine that can read Chinese and rewrite in English!

OK, now I'll read Linus' version.

#14 Loh, Jun 1, 2007
  15. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Linus ftw. Thanks man.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It's a secret...

..hehehe..noo, j/k:D:);)..yes, it's actually from Google & it has a translation engine which when you put in the url address of a particular site, it will translate it for you..I think it took me like a few seconds to wait for the translation to generate:cool:..The interesting thing is, notice it also translates all the other ads, news headers, which are all over the site, into English..:cool:
    * I wonder if they'll allow another different translation to be put on there->ex. take Linus' translation..:confused:;)

#16 ctjcad, Jun 1, 2007
  17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

Attached Files:

#17 cooler, Jun 1, 2007
  18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

WoW, It's hard decision between career and parents but Huang Sui had made it with many supports and influences from her family, best friend Gao Ling, coach and also other compatriots like Zhang Ning and Lin Dan. What an excellent togetherness and good team-work from China National Squad! Wish her dream comes true to grab the Beijing Gold after Silver in Athens/04...

Thanx for the article plus translation of course!

19. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Thanks for the translation. It tough on us fans when we realize our idols really are human beings with real human challenges and living real lives.

If Huang Sui ever gets to read this, I wish her all the luck and courage going forward.

-dave

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I wish HS all the best for her career n her family.HS/GL will undoubtfully take the title with them,i believe in them!:cool:
    So,for all of the ppl who supported them,just relax n wait..:)