AT900T or NS8000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by thunderstrike, Jun 3, 2007.

1. thunderstrike

thunderstrike Regular Member

Student
    Hi Guys,

I just need opinion from owners of either the AT900-T or the NS8K. Please give me an opinion of what you think of both racquets. I heard that the at900t provides more accuracy, swing speed, good control - well almost like the ns8k besides the fact that it is head light. I don't need your opinion of what other racquet i should get besides the at900t and the ns8k.

I'm more of an all-around player who focuses more on control rather than the power aspect. I'm also looking for a racquet that will be reliable for durability.

Thanks a lot,
    Thunder

2. Cannot_smash

Cannot_smash Regular Member

Bag snatcher hahaha
    According to the details then I'd suggest u go for the 900T. NS8k, to me, is more fragile, plus performance-wise 900T beats NS8k hands down (personal opinion only).

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

NS8K is one of the more head light racquet in current high end racquet. AT900 t is head heavy racquet. I personally feel NS8K has much better maneuverability than AT900t. Better control and head speed. AT900t is better for smashing and attack style and double while NS8K is better for control freak and single. (Personal opinion only)

4. thunderstrike

Student
    interesting...its kinda hard to decide now becuz one person says the at900t and the other ns8k. argh! Thanks anyway, I'm open for any more opinions, Thanks!

5. Omegamiko

Omegamiko Regular Member

I'm a student, doing webdesign and a badminton equ
    I'm a current user of the NS8k. Its a difficult racket to get used to, but once you do, it is an incredibly excellent racket. One downside however, is it feels very different from most other rackets because the handle is exceptionally heavy, so switching rackets is not an easy task, so I'd suggest you try them both out and see which one will suit you better.

6. Crazylegs

Crazylegs Regular Member

Managing Director
    I was a faithful user of NS8K for one and half year. I enjoy the head lightless of this racket and surprisingly, smashes were good from this head light racket. In my opinion, it is a good all round racket. I later wanted an upgrade and was deciding between AT900T and NS9k a month ago. I somehow bought the AT900T bec it's the latest. The feel is totally diff from NS8K as AT900T is head heavy and feel much heavier overall; more importantly, no more getting the sweet feeling that I get from NS8K.

I sold away my AT900T in a week and bought a NS9kX. This racket is more power than NS8K overall. It's head feels slightly heavier than NS8K but not as heavy as AT900T. All my friends told me that if I find NS9kX is good, than NS9kS is gonna be even better bec of the less stiff shaft and the extra flex will give better drives and powerful smashes. After all the constant persuasions and with 90% of the pros using S, I finally sold my NS9kX at a lost after only having used it for a few games and bought a NS9kS. After using NS9kS, I find that it is not suitable for me and prefer the X version. FYI, I've fast swing speed and good strength.

I advise you to also consider NS9k as well and decide between the S and X shaft if you like it. Mind you - NS8k and AT900T are two extreme diff rackets.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Try to demo the rackets before ur purchase. Whether player A likes it or not, it's not always true for player B. You need to make ur own decision. Try to borrow/rent from local shops or follow club players, a light drill session is better than reading all the reviews.

8. thunderstrike

Student
    Thanks for your opinions guys. Hey CrazyLegs, today I borrowed a ns9k "s" ehh it didn't contain the right feeling for me but thanks for the suggestion anyway =). I'm still very open to anyone's opinion on the ns8k and the at900t. I was also considering an AT700 - could anyone also give me an opinion on that as well? Thanks a lot!