Posts pop up randomly.

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by GunBlade008, Jun 5, 2007.

1. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Hi guys, I was just reading this thread
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44355

And I have NEVER seen hitmany666's post on the thread until just now. I know that hitmany666 is elite88's other alias, but I have NEVER seen that post although I have frequented that thread many times. I even specifically remember that after Trinhity's orignal post, that elite88's post was directly under it. Now when I logged on today, there was another post after Trinhity's. It has happened to me 3 times before on these forums, rest assured, that I am NOT crazy...to my knowledge :p Has anyone else experienced this before?

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

how do you know it's his alias?

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    might be due to the spam filter. i just installed a spam filter and questionable posts are queued up until we approve of them. when they do get approved, they appear in their original post time.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Looks like..

kwun is putting a filter on first time posters and/or new members...to avoid the spams..;)

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    A user using two alias's on the forum should not be permitted, unless the other alias is deactivated or deleted.

With elite88 = hitmany666, that is one very good reason.

#5 Matt, Jun 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  6. GunBlade008

Student, Retail.
    Well, its his style of words. Such as the triple faces that you see in each post. Not only that, they have the same profile and neither of them have many posts. Not to mention the lack of the same knowledge (or refusal to accept them) in both the posts as well. But I'm just assuming though, I have no concrete proof, but seeing just his style of writing (indenting, faces, grammar, etc) makes me believe that it is him.

Kwun:
    It alll makes sense now, thanks :D Still kinda trippy though, I thought I was losing my mind there.

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

ah, i see, though it might prove difficult to stop people having 2 aliases ...

8. GunBlade008

Student, Retail.
    Not if you're an admin and can see the IP addresses ;)

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Speaking of that, I just noticed hitmany666's user name is no longer in the list!! Looks like the admin/mods stepped in!

The post of hitmany666 is also gone!

#9 Matt, Jun 6, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

One thing i notice abt the new filter..

..kwun has added, to block spams, is that some new posts/threads can still "slip through the filters". I noticed this a few times, myself, where poster(s) will post something "related" to badminton, but in their post, they'll put very small ads/links to other websites. Even the thread header(s) could be "disguised" as non-spam.
    Another scenario, which kwun mentioned a while back, which i've experienced also, is they might send us a PM and mention abt badminton related things. But then, they'll ask us if we want to join their business ventures etc.
    Also, new posters might "slip through the filters" by posting badminton-related comments with their first couple of posts or so. But then will put on some ads/links by their 3rd or 4th or 5th posts, as to go unnoticed.

So, I guess we all just have to help kwun & the mods by identifying & telling them of these posts/threads. Use the triangle-shape-filled-with-an-exclamation-mark icon to tell kwun & mods.;):cool:

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah, it is just a simple filter afterall. it is not very intelligent, and it is always possible to get pass it. the good thing is that it does filter out 90% of the spams we have seen so far and that saves us a lot of work.