What Muscle Power is the best?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by beaver, Jan 31, 2002.

1. beaver

beaver Guest

Which one is the best racket: Is it the 55 one, the 77 or the 100 one??

2. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    IMHO:

mp100 will give you the best control and manoeuverablilty but less power
    mp77 will give you the best whacking/smashing/attacking power with a bad control
    mp55 i do not know... =) ask byroneium!

Then again, i may be wrong! the professionals use mp100 in doubles although it doesnt have that much power....

while players like taufik&gade use mp77 for their singles play, even though they need a lot of control to place the shots....

hope this helps...

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I think the only reason why players like Candra and Tony use the MP100 is because it came out 1st..... they were using it since the sydney olympics....

I'd rate them like this........

MP77-Great for smash power, drives and solid hitting. Control seems fine with me, coz do all those cut shots that i can do with my Cab 21 Special. I like this 1 the most as i like playing doubles and i prefer to cover the back of the court which i can do plenty of hard smashing..... But this racket is the best IMO out of the MP series. This the next on my "to buy" list..... ;)

MP55-A racket similar to the Ti-10. I know all the MP rackets with the exception of the MP88 are supposed to be even balanced but the MP55 feels head heavy. Its slightly more head heavy than the MP77 but has about the same amount of power. I prefer the MP77 over this as the head is lightly, its faster and it feels just as powerful.

MP100-I don't like this 1......

4. Jason

Jason Guest

MP100.... if you have strong arms... or really really good technique... you can generate a LOT of power!!! the two words I'd use to describe the power generated is " HOLY $HIT!!!!!* lol.... (i hope i dont get banned for this ^^".. i DID try to disguise the word after all... lol) so... yah... control wise.. you dont have to be so good... because the racket is stiff.. it'll be easier to make drop shots n net shots etc...

5. Jason

Jason Guest

lemme make a change in the article above... the "strong arms" should be changed to "real strong arms" lol ^^" it DOES take a LOT of power~

6. beaver

beaver Guest

lol thanks dudes

7. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    But the fact that it takes so much power and strengthy arms to produce a powerful smash is so siginificant. Then might as well use an MP77 that requires less power to produce more powerful smashes...... Just imagine what would happen when you hit dead centre with an MP77.

But IMO, the most powerful racket i've ever used is the Ti-10

8. Jason

Jason Guest

Ti-10 and MP100 are very similar... there's just a glitch you have to find on the MP100... as soon as you find it.. u can use less and less power to produce similar speeds during a smash... However... that glitch is hard to find... If there's one change that I would give Yonex... it'd be to make the MP100 slightly more head heavy... (it's too well balanced) to move the center of balance up more towards the head... even just a little biit will make this racket WAY more powerful than ur average racket~ (well.. actually... i'd suggest they bring down the price on this racket too.. but.. i guess that's not an option... lol~ ^^")

9. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    MP100 and Ti-10? Similar?? No way.....

The Ti-10 is head heavy and the MP100 is not....... The Ti-10 is slower and better for singles whereas the MP100 is even balanced and its more easily manueverable...... The MP100 has quite a small sweetspot compared to the Ti-10 IMO

10. Pete

Pete Guest

You got it right, Byro. The MP-100 seems to have a smaller sweetspot than the Ti-10. In terms of power delivery, Jason is correct. Both generate similar level of power.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    you're right byro, my clone ti-10 is great for smash, ok on clear, but very awkward in drive and net shots. My racket arm get tired sooner too.

12. Jason

Jason Guest

well... i figured out yesterday that u shouldn't hold onto the racket at the very base... choke up a bit... it gave me SO MUCH POWER!!!!!! omg!!! and also.. the sweet spot was INSTANTLY ENLARGED! SO COOL!!!! ^^

13. Jason

Jason Guest

MP100 gives more~

14. Jason

Jason Guest

my MP100 gives me a good all round feel ei~...

15. Valentino

Valentino Guest

yes thats how u suppose to hold it!

16. Jason

Jason Guest

lol.. yah.. before... I used to hold it all the way at the bottom of the grip.... I could make really effortless clears... but I could never generate any power for smash... and now that i choked up.. hehe... smashes are AWESOME! wheeee! =P