Are there fakes for low end Yonex?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by danny_m, Jun 6, 2007.

1. danny_m

danny_m Regular Member

Just wonder if anybody has seen fake low end Yonex(es), likes mp21, mp29, at150, cab 8600ti.....

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

nope, have never seen any, the demand and margins are too low for them to bother.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Yes, they are a lot of them in China. I saw kids use them because the parents does not know anything about badminton and bought them in China.

4. danny_m

danny_m Regular Member

hummm, if there are fake ones in china, then how come i don't see them around on ebay? I don't remember seeing one on ebay, but there are tons of $0.99 MP99 there..... one would think that a 99 cent MP21 would be more believeable.

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Because profit margin and usually player go for the higher end.

I totally agree with you and a $9 MP21 is more believable than a $9 MP99. That is why parents buy those lower end racquet for the beginner kid and think this must be real one. Also, if a fake seller sell a fake MP21 for $1 and cost $20 to ship, the buyer will think, I just need to save another $20 to get one here in US and no risk.

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    yes,there are alots of it in china,but seems that the interest and profit margin are much lesser than the high ends.They are all made of the same thing.Same price.