User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Smashing Sound

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    The tension matters,the thickness matters,the way u do it matters.Whether u slice it or smash rite onto it.The racket matters as well.
    If you're an all about BOMBER, not really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

playing level:average

My problems is that,sometimes when I smash the feather of the bird broke, i should say I hold the racket and swing the racket in a correct way but still the feather broke.
    Ayone could say anything about my problem plz?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheap feather? wrong timing? too much power? not really a smasher myself. better ask nice gentle panda for advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I noticed the same problem. How do I ensure that i am hitting the shuttle properly and not slicing it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ichandray87 View Post
    Yea I noticed the same problem. How do I ensure that i am hitting the shuttle properly and not slicing it?
    You can hear the BOOM when you hit the shuttle correctly. When you slice it or don't hit the shuttle optimally square on the racket face, you won't hear the prominent BOOM.

The best way is to have your coach or an advanced player look at your grip/form/footwork to see if you are in the ideal position for that BOOM shot. If not, correct from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I solved this problem by adding more wrist, and stringing at a higher tension. Dunno why that helped. I broke my previous racquet, and got a new one, so now I'm fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you suppose to bend your wrist to create a 90 degree angle when smashing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ionoo View Post
    are you suppose to bend your wrist to create a 90 degree angle when smashing?
    Are you referring to wrist extension prior to contact or to wrist flexion after making contact? In either case, I'd say a 90 bend is not needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just shifted from an mp44 to mp99.whenever i get it right the shuttle seems to explode of the racquet.other times it's worse than mp44.i guess it has a lot to do with timing and technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MP99 has a sweetspot low on the face. If you hit it higher, then it feels incredibly weak, however, it gives amazing power if hit right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 'best' way to ensure you hit it square on is practising it a lot. Minor tricks include a slight change in your grip to panhandle (just look at Lin Dan's photo on the yonex catalogue, for example) and making a more straightforward hitting action (álways keeping the head square on with the bird...less twisting and turning)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! I read a lot about technique and saw a lot of videos about smashing and I have improved my smash a lot in 5 years playing badminton. But there is something which I cannot explain - I know how to make a "whip-like-stroke" and that the flexibility of the racquet is important here BUT: when has the racquet time to bend if you acctually accalerate the racquet surface parallel to the direction of stroke with your elbow directed to the shuttle and at very last moment you snap the wrist and hit the head surface perpendicular to the shuttle. So how is it possible to bend the racquet in direction perpendicular to the head surface during the stroke (because such reaction hits the shuttle with so many times called whip-like movement)? It's a little confusing I know but hope that you will understand what i mean. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurethatsme View Post
    BUT: when has the racquet time to bend if you acctually accalerate the racquet surface parallel to the direction of stroke with your elbow directed to the shuttle and at very last moment you snap the wrist and hit the head surface perpendicular to the shuttle?
    You really don't need to worry about this. The actual mechanics of a smash swing are very complex, and trying to analyse them is unlikely to help your game.

Suffice to say that the racket will bend, and the violent twisting motion of your forearm (with the final timing in your fingers) is necessary to generate a powerful smash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    You really don't need to worry about this. The actual mechanics of a smash swing are very complex, and trying to analyse them is unlikely to help your game.

Suffice to say that the racket will bend, and the violent twisting motion of your forearm (with the final timing in your fingers) is necessary to generate a powerful smash.
    Yes I know that it works... I also saw on slow motion video (Lin Dan) that racquet really bends during the smash... And you can tell if you swing properlly... But ok, I will have to smash without knowing how this really happen. Like in that story where scientists proved that a bumblebee cannot fly because his wings are too small for his big weight. But bumblebee does not know this and he just fly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The racquet flexes with any swing. The amount that it bends depends on the racquet flexibility and how much acceleration you're generating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurethatsme View Post
    Like in that story where scientists proved that a bumblebee cannot fly because his wings are too small for his big weight. But bumblebee does not know this and he just fly!
    LOL if we can communicate with them they will go. OH NO i cant fly! *falls*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To maximize sound output and power, you hit it squarely. I really despise people who think they have a quiet hit, and they think that just by increasing tension it will be louder. It would, a bit or alot, but you should first do it with whatever tension you have now. Because many players that i've seen including myeslf. Can have very loud pop while using very low tension. My bg-65 strung at 21lbs used for one year. And had no trouble producing sound, quite loud I might add. Now I know i am hitting it correctly. Not because I have a high tensioned racket.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast