User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    Very good instructions and pictures Silentheart! Well done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Silentheart for superb instruction. I just received my machine couple days ago along with 2 Hi-Qua flying clamps ordered separately. I will string my first racquet this weekend. One quick question, if I pre-string the main, do I need to use the starting pin that you made? Thanks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, just use the Klipper's clamp and clamp the 2 center mains. pull 2 strings from A2. clamp A1 and A2. pull B1 on the other side. clamp the 2 center main near the throat. just keep going from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I will string the racquet 4 knots method ( 2 strings). How long for the main and how long for the cross? I have an armortec 700 and nanospeed9K. Thanks and you have been very helpful in aiding us beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    No, just use the Klipper's clamp and clamp the 2 center mains. pull 2 strings from A2. clamp A1 and A2. pull B1 on the other side. clamp the 2 center main near the throat. just keep going from there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a pack of yonex string is 10 m or 33 feet. usually i use 18 feet for main and 15 feet for cross. do a search on using door knob to prestrech the string and measure length for main and cross. Also do a search on how to use dental floss (not for your teeth).

Please use an old steel racquet to practice on your first stringing job.
    Last edited by silentheart; 06-15-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Master SH, I didn't know you are into S&M with baddie string .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Master SH, I didn't know you are into S&M with baddie string .
    OK, What did I miss this time?
    PM me.
    Gone sleeping.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a pack of yonex string is 10 m or 33 feet. usually i use 18 feet for main and 15 feet for cross. do a search on using door knob to prestrech the string and measure length for main and cross. Also do a search on how to use dental floss (not for your teeth).

Please use an old steel racquet to practice on your first stringing job.
    Personally, I use 17ft (main) and 16 ft (cross) for any job about 20lbs. I agree that you might need a bit extra for main, if you job is below 18lbs, and is on an iso racket.

Listen to master SH, practice on old racket with junk strings with low tension (20lbs or so). After several demo runs, you will greatly reduce the risk to damage the string and/or racket during the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not exactly sure if im following this right but i believe it says string and tension mains 1-9 then string to 11 and then back to 10, and tension 10. Using this method does the 11th main (outside ones) ever get tensioned?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    im not exactly sure if im following this right but i believe it says string and tension mains 1-9 then string to 11 and then back to 10, and tension 10. Using this method does the 11th main (outside ones) ever get tensioned?
    1) Yes, you do a double pull (ie pull 2 strings at 1 time) You can not tension the 11th and use fly clamp to clamp main 9 and main 11 and string the main 10.
    2) many of us suggest to add 1 extra lb when you pull that last main string to prevent tension loss on the tie off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Master SH, is it possible to use the key ring technique for clamping the 11th?

1) Yes, you do a double pull (ie pull 2 strings at 1 time) You can not tension the 11th and use fly clamp to clamp main 9 and main 11 and string the main 10.
    2) many of us suggest to add 1 extra lb when you pull that last main string to prevent tension loss on the tie off.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Master SH, is it possible to use the key ring technique for clamping the 11th?
    In theory, Yes. In practical, you will see the 11th main will loose tension if you use key ring method and it actually is better and easier to tension 10 and 11 main in one pull with additional 1 or 2 lb tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just clarifying, when you say pull 10 and 11 in one, you mean, leave your clamp on 8/9, string around to 11th main and back through 10, and then tension both 10 and 11 in one pull there, clamp and tie. Additionally doesnt prestringing work the same, as long as you dont try to move your 8/9 main clamp when you get there?
    Last edited by illusionistpro; 07-03-2007 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    just clarifying, when you say pull 10 and 11 in one, you mean, leave your clamp on 8/9, string around to 11th main and back through 10, and then tension both 10 and 11 in one pull there, clamp and tie. Additionally doesnt prestringing work the same, as long as you dont try to move your 8/9 main clamp when you get there?
    1) Yes, what you said is correct.
    2) I am not sure if I understand that you are asking about prestringing and clamp on 8/9
    3) The instruction I put up is the recommended method by Klipper USA. They did not recommend prestringing for beginner. I don't know why. It might be easier once you know how to string a racquet then learn how to prestring. They just think it is not necessary for prestringing instruction.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3) The instruction I put up is the recommended method by Klipper USA. They did not recommend prestringing for beginner. I don't know why. It might be easier once you know how to string a racquet then learn how to prestring. They just think it is not necessary for prestringing instruction.
    The M140 was originally designed as a tennis machine, therefore, the distance between the posts to the gripper is longer than normal. If pre-string, and working with low tension, you need even more extra length of the string to work.

Also, as this is a 2 point machine, the problem of side supports making going through side gromments (especially the shared ones) is very much reduced. Therefore, the benefit for pre-string is minimal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory, Yes. In practical, you will see the 11th main will loose tension if you use key ring method and it actually is better and easier to tension 10 and 11 main in one pull with additional 1 or 2 lb tension.
    Actually, I think the "key ring" method should work better than you expected. As M140 is a drop weight machine, the small % of tension loss on 11th main, should be made up when you tension 10th main. However, the reason I used "double pull" instead of the "key ring" method, is you can very much get the same result, but save 1 pulling/clamping step.

If using double pull method, I suggest to use 2 flying clamps to clamp. 1st one on 9 and 10, and 2nd on 10 and 11. Also, before clamping, let the leveler rest a bit longer, as you are pulling 2 pieces.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with LB and thank you for the follow up.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast