Results 69 to 85 of 234
07-25-2008, 01:04 PM #69
I have some questions after stringing my racket. I was taught the exact some way as how you strung your racket in this guide, but with less details. My coach told me to discover my own style.
Some of the problems I had were:
Where to end the mains and crosses
How to end the main and crosses
What knot to use
And how to make a strong starting now
Where to start for the crosses
I was strining a cheap oval racket, and I had no idea where to start for the cross and where to end for the mains. Also, I was told to skip a hole at the end of the mains when you alternate outwards. Why is this?
07-25-2008, 02:35 PM #70
2) tie double hitch knot is fine to end main and cross
3) tie double hitch knot is fine to end main and cross
4) look at instruction 1) also search on starting knot.
5) look up Yonex string pattern. go to www.yonexusa.com you will find the official yonex stringing pattern. why skip b11? it is to reduce stress.
08-27-2008, 03:56 PM #71
ah okay thanks SH.. a couple more questions after stringing some more questions.. it was on a stringway drop weight machine.. the one where you just put the string in and the machine automatically pulls.. (the bar doesnt have the tension indicators on it)..
i noticed that the klipper doesnt have any fixed clamps, is this why you have the starting pin?
another problem i had was that my stringing tutor told me i had slightly warped my ti 10, when i worked from the middle out, alternating from each side. so basically i started in the middle, and tensioned a main on each side to maintain balance. is this correct? i've heard that if i complete one side first, that the racket will warp for sure?
also, if i decide to skip the 2nd last bottom or top cross, how does this work? will I still have 22 cross?
and i also have a problem with tying off the knots, it seems like i have quite a bit of tension loss. i dont like the idea of jamming the awl into the grommet before tying, or tension 2 extra pounds, or hand pulling on the knot before tying. what should i do to prevent tension loss, or is that not possible?
08-27-2008, 05:42 PM #72
sorry for double post, but i was using a stringway ml-100. how does the pull system vary from this machine to the klipper? i've used other drop weight machines that have the rectangular thing to pull
08-27-2008, 11:36 PM #73
2) Yes, if you use 2 pt mounting machine, make sure you alt between mains. I usually string 2 mains on right then 2 mains on left. People also use 1 main right, 2 mains left then 2 mains right. That is good too. If you finish 1 sid ethat work on the other side, it will put too much stress on the unstrung side and yes, warping frame happen and you might crack the frame.
3) I will not recommend either method because they are special pattern unless player requested it. If you do so, you will not have 22 crosses unless you add additional one some where based on Yonex pattern.
4) with fly clamps, it is nearly impossible without tension loss on the final tie off string. To min the tension loss without any of the method you metion, you need to clamp the final fly clamp before tide off as close to frame as possible. THis way, tension loss will be min. However, it also will damage the paint job. It is your call...
01-07-2009, 05:56 PM #74
Great thread. This thread is clearing up a lot of confusions for me. Thanks a lot. Should be a sticky!
02-05-2009, 09:01 PM #75
hey guys i purchase the exact machine the original SH one
racquets i have restrung so far
20mx22c victor superti12
22mx24c capac nano power 900
26mx28c sotx woven 7i
so far so good, tho the woven is a lil wide =T
02-05-2009, 10:08 PM #76
02-05-2009, 10:56 PM #77
02-05-2009, 11:00 PM #78
02-05-2009, 11:10 PM #79
As per GrandMaster LB, use two to three Yonex flying clamps for the cross .
02-06-2009, 12:54 AM #80
Second Master LB said. I feel 2 Yonex clamps for cross at 26 lb+ is enough.
02-07-2009, 05:10 AM #81
is it better to prestring for this machine? (3 clamps)
02-10-2009, 03:35 PM #82
02-10-2009, 10:55 PM #83
I am not sue what you are asking. I can pre-weave without clamp. See Sir DinkALot's video.
02-11-2009, 11:39 AM #84
02-11-2009, 01:40 PM #85
sry i meant if i can prestring the whole racquet then tension all at once. like what *not sure if its dinkalot's* google video did. altho its 2 peice stringing method =T
By Shoutsu in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 7: 01-04-2013, 01:38 PM
By Shoutsu in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 2: 05-05-2011, 10:14 PM
By hasan in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 3: 05-19-2009, 07:19 PM
By jif226 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 14: 03-12-2007, 02:26 PM
By FAST! in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & ToolsReplies: 4: 10-15-2005, 02:22 PM