Looking for an intermediate-level racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by paddu_es, Jun 9, 2007.

1. paddu_es

paddu_es New Member

Hi,

I am looking for an intermediate-level racquet. Somehow I always ended up playing with cheap heavy racquets with poor string tension, so my playing style is defensive. I am willing to try out racquets suited to offense, but my preference is an allround racquet. Basically I need a lighter racquet with good string tension so my returns and smashes dont lose power and I dont hurt my shoulders. Please share your suggestions.

I dont care much for the brand. So Black Knight, Carlton or even Hi Qua and Genji are okay too. I am looking for spend about USD50.

I looked at a few in Amazon, but wanted to check with you guys if they are genuine. I know eBay is full of fakes.

If you know retail stores in Los Angeles that sell badminton racquets, please suggest.

Thanks for your time.

2. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    i'd say a Muscle Power 33 is good, so is a 29 light if you got them over there. they're really good racquets with a nice feel to it. head-light so it's got good control and good for defense. the reason you have loose strings on your racquets are probably cos they're factory strings. once those break, you can string any racquet to a good tension. 22-24 lbs is good.

3. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

hmm i dont think you can get an Mp29 light for 50 USD... i think 75USD or so would be closer.

4. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    i don't think you can get any good racquet for an INTERMEDIATE player with USD $50.....and are you considering yourself INTERMEDIATE or is a coach?

5. paddu_es

paddu_es New Member

hey all! thanx for the advice. Will check out the racquets you mentioned. Maybe restringing my current racquet will work too.

XTC-604: Intermediate is my personal opinion. I usually err on the side of caution so I dont think I am overrating myself. On a scale of 1-10, I'd call myself a 6. I only play once a week and am not looking to play tournaments etc. Like I said, basically I need a lighter racquet with good tension. I can go upto USD70. Do suggest if you can think of any. Thnx!

6. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    well, i don't know what it's like over in the US and A :D. but i like the Mp29, lovely feel. and yes, i'd focus more on stringing than racquet. after all, it's the strings that strike the shuttle, not the racquet.