Ashaway Rackets

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, Dec 2, 2000.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Since i broke my Fleet Ti-99 i've been thinking about getting a new racket. I decided not to go on with the Ti-99 as it was honestly pretty crap.

I saw an Ashaway racket in the same shop as i bought the Fleet Ti-99 that was very similar to the Yonex Ti-10. The ashaway racket was called Ti-100. Anyone tried this racket before? Any feedback?

2. Larry

Larry Guest

It's not Ti-100, I supposed, it's XT-100 Ashaway is different from Ti-10 Yonex. The best ashaway racket I know is Ti-180(it's quite heavy, good for smashing). I've got Ashaway racket XT-110, it feel quite balance for me, not too light or heavy, although it sometimes prones to be a light racket. In quality, it's a good racket, but at the end a racket can not be considered as good from one perspective. I like this racket not because of the racket only but the string I use with the tension that fit my style.

3. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    What kind of strings and at what tension do you have it strung at?

4. Larry

Larry Guest

I string with BG-68 Ti at 22 lbs

5. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Btw does anyone know about the Ashaway XT-150? That rackets seems similar enough for me to the Yonex Ti-10. Any feedback? Thanx?

And by the way Larry, i'm certain that the racket was an Ashaway Ti-100. I checked and its very similar to the Ti-10.