AT900-T or AT700 ('07 version)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by thunderstrike, Jun 10, 2007.

1. thunderstrike

thunderstrike Regular Member

Student
    Hi Guys,

I decided I needed an upgrade from my really lame racquet. Please don't ask " what were your other racquets" or "what playing style do you use". I just need your plain and simple opinion on either the AT900T (3U)or the AT700(4U) if you own either of them or both. Tell me the good and bad of both racquets.

Thanks a bunch,
    Thunder.

2. hahahalol

hahahalol Regular Member

the problem is that if we don't know your playing style or history(ie. what you played with or how you play) and we recommend a racqet that doesn't fit for you....you start blaming us for giving such a bad advices since the racquet does not match you...so if you want to skip all the preaching, try the racquets for yourself and use your judgements instead of others...

3. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    He asked for an opinion, so might as well just give him one. AT700, lacking in power though.

4. Cannot_smash

Cannot_smash Regular Member

Bag snatcher hahaha
    Ok, AT700 great for the first month or so, but then lose stiffness. Its very head heavy and makes my arm tired. For smashing and base to base clears its great, lots of power.
    AT900T, balance more even compared to AT700. The power is there but needs to get used to the rackets, otherwise smashing will be a nightmare. Great for fast paced doubles play.

5. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Well I love the AT900 T, reason being it is a very well balanced racket.

Its does have somewhat power in it , quick racket and awesome control.

At 700 is very powerful but you will get tired after a while.Somewhat control and not a very quick racket.

Having said that, i depends on what you like and what you are comfortable with.

6. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

AT900T 3U verses AT700 4U? AT900T 3U all the way. I get so much more head speed and power with the AT900T 3U verses the AT700 4U.

AT900T 3U verses AT700 3U is closer. I find the AT900T to be much more aerodynamic and easier on defense as it is more head-light. The AT700 3U allows for some powerful smashes but only if I am fresh. I also have trouble using the AT700 3U in doubles as it is sluggish at the net and when cutting off drives (perhaps my timing is just off). The AT900T has a longer grip than the AT700... Some don't like that fact, but personally, I find it more comfortable and easier to control the racket.

If I had to pick one, I would go with the AT900T 3U. Very good power, good defense, aerodynamic, longer grip gives me better control, and suitable for singles or doubles. Cheers.

7. thunderstrike

thunderstrike Regular Member

Student
    Thanks all of you for actually following instructions. I appreciate the time you have taken into helping me decide a new racquet - AT900T 3U,G4 it is. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!