NS8k dead?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by t3tsubo, Jun 10, 2007.

1. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    I remember when the Nanospeed 9000 came out, a lot of people hated it and said that the ns8k was much better. is this still the case? Is the ns8k still better than 9k?
    i just recently broke my old sk, and was debating whether to switch to the newer model or stay with my old one. i have the entire summer w/ no tournaments to get used to a new racquet so thats not a problem.

edit: if this should be in the racquet comparison forum plz move it there.

2. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    see if you can find some friends or a store that can lend you a ns9k to try out first... I just bought the ns9k type-x expecting it to play like my mp100 and boy was I wrong... it's very hard to adjust to and a very advanced racquet~~ I recommend getting a mp100 if you can get your hands on one :p

3. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    thanks for the offer but i dont live in BC. And ive triedn mp100, i prefer mp99 out of the mp line more.

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Really depends on each individual. From my own personal experience, when I hit with the NS-8000, I found it lifeless. When I started using the NS-9000X, the bird just exploded off the racket. With the NS-9000, you have the S or X models from which to choose so one of them could still suit you. Best thing to do, as everyone says, is to try a friend's and see how it feels. The proof is in the pudding. Good luck:)

5. maxsports

maxsports Regular Member

I don't feel it hard to get used to NS9KX, almost immediately get working in my hand, come from AT800OFF and AT900. Maybe because of the BG80 string, I even feel it is more powerful.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It should not be too hard to borrow or rent NS8k or NS9k these days. There's no universal answer for this question. Which ever fits for you better, it's the deal. Also, keep your mind open for other choices as well, unless u've already narrowed down to these 2.

7. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    What if the person doesnt like head light!? instead of changing shaft stiffness, i think you should go try out a racquet before hand then buy.

The difficulty factor for getting used to racquets is different for everyone, i had a hard time adjusting to my at500 cause of its head weight, but i had no trouble adjusting to a AT700.

8. thomashek

thomashek Regular Member

I have a NS 9000 S and my doubles partner have NS 8000.

we can play normal when we use our own. So, one day, we decide to switch our racquet to play a game just for the hack of it.

we missed all the shot that we should make(i mean stupid shot).

I can't say it doesn't fit my sytle, since its only one game. But surely, I am not used to it because they are just two different racquets, play differently, feel differently.

like other people say, try them out if you can.

you might end up finding the NS 7700 is better for you :cool: