Badminton shops in Singapore

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Anna, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Anna

Anna Guest

Hi,

I am going to be in Singapore in late March and would like to buy Badminton gear while over there. Where is a good (and not too expensive) place to go? I am interested in rackets, strings, bags, and shuttles.

Anna

2. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    If you want all the whistles and bells that Yonex has to offer, try the 'Sunrise ... ' something, located at a shopping centre known as "Far East Plaza". Its in the popular Orchard Road shopping belt. More specifically its along Scotts Road. The shop is located just above ground level. One floor above Burger King. If you're at the doorway of the BK outlet, its up the flight of steps on its left and turn left.

Its not cheap, but you get to see everything that Yonex is offering in South_east Asia.

A more popular place, because of the cheap( And I mean VERY much cheaper for rackets) prices is Bras Basah Complex. Just opposite Raffles Hotel ( Which you'll find on any tourist map.) There are 4 shops there. 2 on the ground floor, 2 on the 3rd floor. They aren't full fledged sports shops so don't be to surprised by what you see. The only one which is a full sports shop is on the ground floor. Sells plenty of badminton stuff. Prices generally are as good as they come so really no point bargaining but you can try ....

If you're looking for variety of sports products and bargains. Go to Queensway Shopping Centre. Hop on a Taxi and you'll be there in a jiffy. About a short 15 minutes ride from the main shopping district if the traffic is normal. ( No jams that is) They have lots of shoes, sports attires, bags, jerseys etc ... and of course rackets ( but not as cheap here for rackets ). Most of the shops need you to 'bargain' on the prices. Its usually 10-20% less than the labeled price.

Happy shopping when you're here.

Who knows, drop people like me and Byro-nenium a note and maybe we can arrange a game ...

3. spacio42

spacio42 Guest

Hahah it depends is u are male or female.......i don't mind to fetch u around if u are my type of badminton babe!
    Kidding.....no worries......Byron is very correct....follow his directions and u cannot be wrong.

4. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

Gladius is not Byron! Just fyi.

5. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    I'm not Byro-nenium !

I'm old enough to be his school teacher. Probably older than some of them !! :p

6. spacio42

spacio42 Guest

Oops Mistake there thanks.

7. Anna

Anna Guest

Thanks for the advice. Ended up getting what I wanted from Bras Basah. Very good prices, especially for strings.