In Desperate need of help

Discussion in 'UK' started by Term`, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Term`

Term` Regular Member

Hi guys,

I'm at an all time low and I need someones help.

I played a lot of badminton at Uni, and got to a reasonable standard, but now I've had a break and started playing again, and even now, after nearly a year, I am total crap.

Nothing works, cant clear, cant smash, cant serve, net play is poor, court placement is terrible footwork is a concept I dont even know, you name it, I can no longer do it....

which means I have lost all confidence, I am currently playing at a club, where all I do each week is embaress myself.

I've gone from playing 6 hours a week, to 2 hours if I'm lucky.

I'm asking, if there are any coaches out there or any good league players, who think they mite have the time to meet with me maybe once a week or even once every two weeks to train me, I need help, its gettin me down beyond all belief, I am loosing faith in the game I used to love.

I live in the Doncaster area so anyone who feels like they mite be able to help, obviously I have no issues with discussing an hourly rate if needs be,

thanks guys,

Term`

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Do't worry, Term`, it's perfectly normal for your game to be at this level after a long period of not playing. It'll come back.

Welcome to BadmintonCentral.

-dave

3. Term`

Term` Regular Member

I just dont think it will though, I seem to be gettin steadily worse now, making stupid mistakes, I cant read the game, and I cant seem to overcome the silly mistakes I'm making,

thanks for offering a comforting view tho m8y