What racket fits these specs?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by mongoose, Feb 7, 2002.

1. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I'm looking for a racket that matches these specifications:

weight: 2U (or 87-92g)
    profile: wide body
    tension range: capable of taking 28 lbs without fear of breaking
    balance: head heavy or even balance
    frame shape: oval shape
    flex: stiff
    brand: any

thanks!

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

How Abt Gosen 5K? U can buy the Green version which supposed to be stiffer.There are lot of variants in it! so check them out!

I think That 92 gms might not fit in well! The only racket that i know of as of date which was actually arnd 91 Gms is the Carlton aerogear 700Fx! Everything else is advertised as 91-94!

I think Gosen is the best choice That i can think off ! U can try the Carlton Airblade 900! even though It is stated as 90 gms It might feel like 92!

I can only think of 2 choices That are Widebody and fits all ur requisites!

Is this 92 gms after Stringing but without grip? If then carlton! I have it and will def lend it to u when u visit India! Or if i ever land Up in Sg! Damn good!Try it and u might like it1

3. Mikie

Mikie Regular Member

banker
    go carlton! AsTi, As1.

4. Brett

Brett Regular Member

I second the recommendations of Yogi and Mikie. Check out some Carlton racquets. Probably the AS and AS-Ti, as well as the original Rasmussen would meet your criteria, from the descriptions I have read. The AB900 does not have the stiffest shaft around (roughly between a Yonex Medium-Stiff and a Stiff), but generates as much power as you are ever likely to need. The less expensive AB600Ti actually has a slightly stiffer shaft than an AB900 (if my personal experiences with those two racquets is at all representative of the average) but is quite a bit heavier (AB900 is 90g, AB600Ti is probably 95g) and feels even more head heavy than the AB900.

5. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

Thanks everyone.
    Your posts confirm my thoughts that only Carlton produce rackets that are close to the specs I mentioned.
    Me gonna get meself an AS-Ti! :)

6. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Dont waste 140Sg! I shall try to give u My suppliers Address! He buys It at 107Sg from Singapore! I fu are intereste din waiting then Pls do!

As 1 is way more stiffer than AS ti!

7. Jigga

Jigga Guest

Try a Forza Tech 600. Or the Legend TI I think you will like it. I think the best one is the Kevlar but it is a diamond kind of shaped head. Good luck!

8. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

Thanks yogi!
    I already know of someone who can get me one for S$128 inclusive of BG68-Ti strings.

9. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

No problem fella! Anytime! I just thought that I could help u save abt 30Sg! that is abt it! Have fun and Pls write a Review!

U guys test so many rackets exstensively and never write a Review! That is what saddens me!

Looking forward to Ur review mate!