Gosen 5000 broke

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by mtakako, Feb 8, 2002.

1. mtakako

mtakako Guest

Bad news, yesterday I brought in my almost Brand new Gosen to restring , the racket was crack after stringing at only 23lbs... Oh my, was I pissed... What faults do you guys will mostly like to be.. The stringer is a Autorize stringer and he uses a quite a accurate machine ( electric ones).The worst parts was they still charge me thee damn stringing fee... Do you guys know what I should do If gosen refuses to warranty it as I believe that they say the racket can handle 30lbs...I have one strung at 22lbs and it was perfectly fine... Any help will be great....

thanks

2. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Bring it back to Gosen. It might help if you have a written statement from your stringer or other documentation (ie. work order slip) that indicates the tension that you requested. I am surprised that 23 pounds could have damaged the racquet, although that would depend on if the stringer properly installed the racquet onto the machine.

3. mtakako

mtakako Guest

I really hope so, since he is a authorize stringer and is very well known in our are.. they specialize in racquet sports...I was surprise myself as my other racket can take it easely.. I am leaning toward that it is a maunufactoring faults....Hopefully I will get it replace as that racket cost quite alot to replace...
    I will post when I find out what will happen....

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    All racket makers have a smallest percentage of its product defective in some way in the market. The better brands just have lesser percentage.

5. modious

modious Regular Member

Yeah, but I thought Gosen was suppose to be "up there" with Yonex??
    Their prices are very similar to Yonex!

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    true, maybe mtakako was just unlucky. It does sound like he deserve a replacement from his dealer or from gosen itself.

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Yup! He does deserve a replacement!

8. quintessence

quintessence Regular Member

Certified Badminton Coach
    Racquet breaks at #23 is rare. It is very likely caused by the stringer. Professional shop do make mistakes ços they are doing it quicky. Sometimes new employee may not have the knowledge to handle the machine properly.

My experience is that I was looking for an alternate pro-shop as the one I am using cut my string when the stringer was removing the plastic ring. I discovered this when that string last for only 3 games. So I examined the string careful to find out their mistake. When I went into the new pro-shop, I talked to them. I get much info from the conversation. First, only one person in the shop know how to string with 2 knots. Second, they have never stung a racquet at high tension (more than #22). Third, they are very relectant to string when I supply my own string to them. So I walk out right away. Later, I received feedback from my friends that this shop broke several racquets just beause the stringers are inexperence.

9. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

was it a sportschek? lol

10. quintessence

Supposed to be better than Spotchek. This is a pro-shop in Richmond, BC.

11. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

:eek:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: , a pro shop has never strung a racquet over 22 lbs?!

12. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Sounds like the racket wasn't set or clamped down properly.

I've had this happen to me when one position on the racket wasn't tightened properly. At low lbs. the frame cracks, at high lbs. the racket crumbles/warps.

13. s239rt

s239rt Regular Member

is that Bull Sh$% place in the biggest chinese mall in richmond? I don't want to name it, but I tell you, they broke mine before(now I think about it). They told me its a defect and gave me a replacement(since I bought the racquet at their place like a month ago). When you guys mention it, I think it is more a BAD job rather than a defect. Lucky me, at least they give me a replacement, I will never go in there for stringing again.

14. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    mind telling me which store that is? dont tell me thats tad's or abbie...

i am going to restring my racket maybe next week since my chinchilla bite my string -_-'

thank you

15. hydrocyanic

wasting my time
    abxxbeen? :)

other mall doesn't offer racket stringing :p

16. s239rt

s239rt Regular Member

You should be safe at tad's I think, they look like they know what they are doing and they do so many a day.... Everytime I go there they always have 1 to 2 guys working on either badminton or tennis racquets(stringing).

Oh by the way, both abbie and tad's aren't in richmond... (to answer your previous questioin) hahahaha

17. quintessence

By all means , go to Tad's Sports. They have 4 stringing machines. Badminton racquets are usually done by the Prince P200 that is a constant pull machine; therefore, the same tension here is higher than any other places.

When they are not busy, you can ask them to use the Babolat electronic machine to string your racquet, but that machine is usually for tennis racquets and the set up time for badminton would be about 3-4 minutes.

The owner, Gary, is very knowledage in badminton too. He can answer most of your badminton questions. He recommended Gosen string to me 5 years ago and that is still my favourite string.

Good luck.

18. hydrocyanic

wasting my time
    thats where i go

19. quintessence

This seems to be the best place to resting your racquet. I'm staying there to watch them restring my racquet now, so I know who and what they have done to my racquet.

20. s239rt

s239rt Regular Member

sigh, just a few hours ago I was still doing discussion with you guys about where to string rackets. hahaha, well, I happen to broke mine tonight (85 on gosen 3600, both bought from Tad's). Damn, guess I am seeing that gary guy again for tomorrow. haha. GL all badders for long lasting strings. hahaha.