ISO 900 SR vs Ti SP SR

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ricky, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    For those who played with both of these racquets before, I really want to hear some comments from any of you.

Currently I own a ISO 900 SR CN and it fits me perfectly. Now I want to buy my 2nd SR, but I can't decide whether I should buy another ISO 900 SR CN or should I try the Ti SP SR CP. I've tried to play around the Ti SP SR CP on hand and I found that it is not exactly the same as ISO 900 SR CN. Hmm ... I would say the Ti SP SR CP is a little bit stiffer, and may be a little bit heavier too.

ISO 900 SR CN is almost perfect for me - of course, it'll be even better if I can get a bit more power (but I don't want to give up any other good things about this racquet). Based on this reason, I'll likely to buy another ISO 900 SR CN, and keep the Ti SP SR CP in Luxis's store for longer. :)

Any comment ?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Why change racquets again?

I'd go for the ISO 900,,,,,,if still available.....

3. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I also own a Ti SP SS which in my opinion, is also excellent. However, it is heavier than the SR which makes it less manuverable (relatively speaking, of course). I want to know whether there is something which can match ISO 900 SR but at the same time, gives more power.

Actually I've made up my mind to buy my 2nd ISO 900 SR CN before the league - I just want to know how the Ti SP SR performs (the only Ti SP which I don't have). There are still stocks available at this moment from Luxis (but it will be increasingly difficult to find ISO 900, especially CN version).

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Mate,

I Just finished a session with my friends ISo 900SR! My rackets are at a diff friends house as i gave them away so that i will stop playing till my exams finish! Still teh prospect of playing a game or 2 made me borrow this racket!

I think The 900 is way More flexible than my ISo ti SP SS! But I think i played with a G5 version adn It was head heavy! I would say That Iso 900 is more flexible than the Ti SP SR!

But then I think It is a better control racket than The Iso ti SP Sr which pops a little!

If u can still lay hands on ur Iso 900 Cn then procure it! As cheung says why at all change when u have perfected ur game with One racket!

But according to me at our level (as we are not International players) we can find a new aspect in our game each and every time we shift rackets! I dunno how this happens but then each racket plays differently! It does not mean that U will become better or worse! some of them could actually play better in some strokes that u could have found difficulty in execution!

as u are person who trains regularly and plays a lot of Torno's i would say Buy 2 rackets! One Iso 900 SR Cn adn One Iso Ti SP Sr! U can make the transistion as when u play and wait a Yr for teh Iso 900 to break down!
    By that Time u woudl have perfected ur game with the Iso Ti SP SR Cp also!

best of luck

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    flex test result

i just happen to have on hand an iso900sr and tisp sr, all CD (ie. not CP/CN).
    For most key rackets, i perform flex tests on them.
    For this case, ricky's subjective feel about tisp SR being stiffer than iso900sr is correct. I even previously said that it felt ~10% stiffer. However, i just learned that this is NOT technically correct.

Under my flex (aka strain) test, the iso900sr deflected 10.45% while the Tisp SR deflected 10.23%. This look like similar shaft flex to me.

The reason for the stiffer feel is due to racket weight itself. The iso900sr was 2.3 gram heavier, likely in the racket head region because the above data suggest the shaft construction between the 2 is the same. Because the iso900sr is slightly head heavier, u feel the iso900sr flexed more because on each stroke the racket head lag behind more so than a head lighter TiSP SR.

Ricky, your decision on a 2nd iso900sr is logical as u can use your tisp SS if u feel like playing a stiffer racket. Introducing a TiSP SR will add another learning curve for u to remember between an iso900sr and tisp ss.

Lesson here: a feel of a racket is a summation of all of its component (string tension and thickness, shaft flex, head weight, total weight, grip size, etc). It is not a revelation, I guess most of you know that already.

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Re: flex test result

Thanks for cooler's detail explanation. I'll buy a ISO 900 SR CN before the league. The next thing I need to find out is which string works best with ISO 900 SR CN, so far I've only tried with BG85 (very satisfied). Hopefully I can get the newly released Cyber Natural 100 within this month. According to Yonex specification, this string has perfect control (score of 10) and the same power as BG85.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    "But according to me at our level (as we are not International players) we can find a new aspect in our game each and every time we shift rackets! "

Yogi, I think that is a very appropriate statement.

8. Becker

Becker Guest

Hi ! Ricky
    Are you interested in my brand new Iso 900 SR CN version racket ?

9. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer

I'm kinda curious how you perform your flex test. Would you like to share the secret with us, Cooler?

:)

10. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Yeah! I was very curious too! But pls dont fill me with technical jargon! Hope u woudl explain it to this layman!

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Well, it's not really a secret or some witchcraft rituals. Deflection test is what it sound, deflection under a load. In my case, it was just a simple single point test under a preselected load of 13.8 N on the racket head. A better description of shaft performance should be done with a continuous load vs deflection to get performance curves. I'm sure yonex engineers have flex performance curves for various key shaft that make up their racket product line. In my case, the iso900sr deflected 9.7 cm while the TiSP sr deflected 9.35 cm. Yes, it does sound like tisp sr is slightly stiffer but this difference is within typical product tolerance variation of 3 to 5%, just like 2U varies between 90-95 gram. It's really not a difficult test. Just be careful of no slip up.

DISCLAIMER: Cooler is not responsible for any damages resulted from replicating the above test instructions or guidelines provided directly or indirectly. ie, i'm not responsible even if you slip on a banana or bit your tongue while chewing gum :p

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

I second to that.

13. Sixpack

Sixpack Guest

how much do you want for it?

14. Sixpack

Sixpack Guest

Becker, how much are you selling for it? thanks