Rules

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by LightningChi, Jun 18, 2007.

1. LightningChi

LightningChi New Member

Hey all I'm new to the site and only recently been playing badminton. I think i know the basics already but was jsut wondering if during a rally you accidentally hit the opponent with the shuttle does that count as a point or not? I ain't too sure and no one else seems to be giving a straight answer but more of what they think. Anyway if there are any replies to this it be great.

Cheers

2. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Yes, it's the opponent's fault if they let themselves get tagged with the shuttle.

3. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    Your point. It is a fault on your opponent's part to have contacted the shuttle with anything but the racquet.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

In fact, belting the shuttle at the opponent is a completely valid tactic for winning points! As my coach always says "...play it where they least want it...".

5. LightningChi

LightningChi New Member

ah great news. they always call me evil or violent lol so i never knew if i was playing right but yer this is good news so i can go play and win more.

cheers to all the reply it was great help.

6. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Try for the "racket" shoulder or, better yet, the armpit (or even a bit lower). It is difficult to reply with either a FH or a BH shot.

I would not go at an opponent's face with a high-speed shot at close range. While it might be legal, it is hardly kosher (not sportsman-like). If you make a habit of doing this sort of thing, ppl will avoid you like the plague.

7. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    we play a game sometimes, us juniors. it's a warm up game, where different shots earn different points. like taxiing someone(fooling them to run the wrong way) is 2 points. net chord shots are 2 points etc. etc. and body shot is 5 points, and head shot is 10 points :D good way to win a game. 2 head shots and one more :p

8. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Shots aimed to the head trigger can cause your opponents to flinch. It's not a shot intended to injure, but rather to back your opponent off from the net. There is something about an object moving quickly towards your face that can affect your ability to stay calm and play a good shot at the net.

9. LightningChi

LightningChi New Member

Ah all pretty good ideas and tips.

When i do my smash the opponent always seems to drop their rackets cos i somehow always manage to disarm them because it lands near the wrist areas. Also other common areas of hit is like the chest Area and near the arms. They always seems to end up directly infront so manouvering is limited to return. Is that actually a good way to win?

10. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    yes. looks like a future Fu Haifeng :D