asking for reccomendation

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by bitche15, Jun 19, 2007.

1. bitche15

bitche15 Regular Member

hey guys since theres plenty of experienced players here, I'm asking for your help or just a quick guidance..
    I hav been using the karakal sl70 at 28lbs tension for a while,. the string would last me 2-3 weeks and snaps. but I'm getting the satisfaction of it,. anyway, yesterday, I bought a yy mp100sp, and have it strung at the same tension with my karakal at 28lbs and used it, smashes are a bit off, they were easily returned, but the clear were great! just a simple flick of the wrist, short and drops shots were not bad either.
    my question to you guys is, can you recommend what tension to use on an mp100sp to improve my smash? or to make it perform the same with my karakal? do I have to use the dual tension example:28x26? - if that's what its called?
    if you'll ask me if I already tried a lower tension, yes., I started from 22 until I reached 28 and that when I was satisfied. I cnt play my game with a lower tension I think.
    hope to hear from you. thanx

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

My suggestion is to compare the head size of your karakal sl70 to YY MP100. I think you will find the head size of MP100 is much smaller. ie, the sweetspot is smaller for MP100 given the same tension. I will suggest you to drop ~10% for MP100 which will make it 23X25 for first try to see if the smash is back.

Do a search in Stringing Technique forum, kwun wrote a pretty extensive post on that before.

3. morewood

morewood Regular Member

26lbs would be my suggestion.

4. bitche15

bitche15 Regular Member

26main nd 26cross? or 26x28? still with the same string? how out 27? tnx

5. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Take 26x24, it should be easier to handle but still pretty powerful

6. Racketmate1977

Racketmate1977 Regular Member

Civil Servant & Part Time Badminton Coach
    Whats a good string?

Id like to find out about string too. I have my Kason TSF100 racquets strung at 23-25lbs which I find about right. What are the best strings for all round control? Im using a Yonex BG65 at moment although I see Carlton have some strings now and also I would like to know more about Kasons Strings?