PLEASE HELP! so many racquets to choose..

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ding-kai-wun, Jun 21, 2007.

1. ding-kai-wun

ding-kai-wun Regular Member

Student
    Hello everybody! I need help picking a racquet and i saw the thread about including as much information possible so yeh......:eek:

Racquet (Yonex) Choices - MP 21, MP 29 LIGHT (2007), MP 45, Armortec 150, and NC TUFF 9 Light

History: Broke my MP-44 3 months ago:crying: and i've been playing with my fake viet nam racquet which copies the yonex carbonex series:confused:. It feels like a 2u racquet or maybe even heavier 3u racquet. All i kno is that with that racquet, i'm missing a lot of power (probably because i can't hit the birdie in the direct sweetspot needed for a oval-head frame, not skilled enough for oval-frame head with a concentrated sweetspot):(. So that's why i did not list the Carbonex 8600 Titanium as a possible choice.

Style of Play: I would have to say that my current style of a play is an all-around player leaning towards a defensive preference, maybe because all my shots (smashes,drives, clears) are drastically weak and slow most of the time. Currently playing a lot of singles.

Preference: I would like to train hard enough so that I can become a offensive player whose aggressive and forceful. And i am going to start playing a lot more doubles because i hear its a lot of fun and thrilling at the intermediate-club level:D. I am really hoping that this racquet can last me at least a year before i can afford a better and top of the line racquet.

Budget: I can get all these racquets at pretty much my budget of $60-$80 so yeah.

So please, anybody has an opinion about any of the racquets, please reply this thread or PM me. Experiences with these racquet would help too because I can't really find these racquets to play with. Thank you everybody who reads this thread and tries to help. :)

2. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    I like the Armortech. I really like the series. The frames seem more durable than other series too. That's just me.

3. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

It a combination of string & racket. Since you wanna play double don't get head heavy racket,unless youre a hard hitter and well control on head heavy racket.

Get the even balance racket and not too heavy and too long.And not to stiff unless youre a hard hitter.

From your budget the ideal racket is APACS power concetp 998,900,996 & APACS Armour power 700 this racket are even balance not heavy but got power for smashing and manurable to flip or whip or fast charge on the net and very cheap too recomended for student.Student in JB Malaysia widely sponsored by APACS.
    Use Ashaway Micropower .66mm string(Cheaper and more power than Yonex BG66).

To enhance the repulsive skip the 3rd string from the bottom.At 26lbs this string still got the soft feel and elasticity + repulsive.

4. Cannot_smash

Cannot_smash Regular Member

Bag snatcher hahaha
    From the description and choices, I'd say get MP 45.

5. serasalmus

serasalmus Regular Member

have you considered other brands?

6. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    Go to Carlton Powerflo 807 Wide if you looking for power....

7. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

The MP45 is probably the closest to the MP44, as the MP 45 is meant to replace both the MP44 and MP66.

However, if its more power you want, probably go for the AT150

8. hitabird

hitabird Regular Member

If you get familiar with CABs, you'd better own the new version - Armotec.
    Between Armotec 700 & Armotec 800 offensive ; I would like to recommend the 700. Some ppl say AT 700 is slower in speed, but I believe if your footwork is nice, or if your opponent is not as tough as Lin Dan, you have no reason to keep worrying about this stiff & heavy weapon. Believe me, AT 700 will make your killing shots become sharper and sharper !
    Especially, the sound given from Armotec is good enough; but not quite clear & big (like some others) ..so your opponent is hard to distinguish what kinda shot you have just produced. This racket itself is deceptive weapon in the aspect of voice disguising, you know !

9. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    AT500 is a lot cheaper, user-friendly, and has similar power to AT700...besides.... AT700 is mediocre for doubles, as it's really hard to retrieve killer smashes. Take AT500 for a safer, and cheaper racquet over the AT700.

10. CrimsonCards

CrimsonCards Regular Member

School
    OMG Yes!!! lol take the 500 its sooo amazing, i used it for my doubles and it worked out perfectly. mine is a 3U g4 and i find it almost perefect for doubles, i do however find my net play somtimes lacks, but i beleive that it's more my fault and my strings being that it deos need a new stringing lol. but yeah those are by 2 cents, go for the 500 cuz you will not be disappointed

11. ding-kai-wun

ding-kai-wun Regular Member

Student
    hey, thanx guys for the comments and recommendations. I am probably goin to get the MP45 or the NC Tuff Light this sunday, but if you still have some comments or recommendations, please post.