Dedicated Badminton Gym in Edison NJ

Discussion in 'USA East' started by shreky, Jun 21, 2007.

1. shreky

shreky Regular Member

hey guys! i just heard that there would be a dedicated badminton gym that's going to open in Edison NJ? Is this true? I heard they would have 6 courts and would be open 7 days a week! finally a place to play anytime of the week.

anybody heard about this???

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Really? Do you know which group owns the gym?

3. slam_w2k

slam_w2k Regular Member

We played there last Saturday. The ceiling is high, floor is concrete but very smooth. The lighting take a little to get use to, but the owner is adjusting it. Overall, it could be the only dedicated place to play in NJ(or NY). I am working with the owner to try to figure out logistics. Can you help me by telling me how many of us willing to come? (we are playing this coming Saturday from 9am-12noon) and how much you willing to pay? Thank you!

4. keeprocking

keeprocking Regular Member

Is it open to everyone ? Any walk-in fee ?

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    So, Sat morning is the only opening time now? Do I need to register to reserve a spot? Should I provide my own shuttles, or the gym going to provide it? Can you provide the detail address and contact info?

Thanks! ;)

6. slam_w2k

slam_w2k Regular Member

Here is the direction to the facility http://www.thebasketballshootingacademy.com/tbsa06-15-07_015.htm

The owner is doing a trail run on Saturdays to make sure the facilities are ready, as well as to make sure is a viable business.

I am calling all local (or not so local) player to come this Saturday morning to support this potentially be the only dedicated facility in the area. The owner is charge $5 at the front door again this week, but it probably be increase to $8-$10 in the coming weeks. We can potentially play there any time that the facility is open, you just need to make arrangements with your playing partners. A monthly membership or per day price needs to be worked.

You can bring you own birdies. Right now we are sharing $2 each to use Aeroplane Red. It all depending on what people want. Together we can make this a great place to play.

7. shreky

shreky Regular Member

excellent idea steve. i'll definitely come one of these days. i think $10 is reasonable enough. a dedicated gym is way overdue. if it is going to be open 7x a week then there should be like a monthly membership. i think people would rather pay monthly than drop-in. let say you only play once a week, then that's $40. 2x a week is $80. a monthly fee would come out cheaper and would encourage people to play. i think the gym should also open late on Friday night and Saturday. it all depends on everybody's schedule and of course the gym's availability.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks for the information. I will try to make a trip in the next few weeks. It's just a bit too far from my house. :eek:

9. slam_w2k

slam_w2k Regular Member

10. shreky

shreky Regular Member

hi guys .... according to the website, there is a "fantastic fridays" which includes badminton .... i assume we can also play friday nights .... is this correct? i would rather play friday night than saturday morning ..... :confused: .... any of you guys heard about this??

[​IMG]

11. shreky

shreky Regular Member

i played in this new gym this morning .... overall it is okay ..... no way near the gyms in cali but at least a decent place to play .... i heard it will open some days during the week too .... the light needs improvement though .... but generally okay (good high ceiling) .... i'll try to come more often then .... :D