Fake Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by kingkiller48, Jun 22, 2007.

1. kingkiller48

kingkiller48 Regular Member

Student
    I have a Yonex BG66 String (10m). I went to the shop, and they said that it's fake. They're not telling me why it's fake.

Does anyone know how to identify fake strings? Probably in the package or colour? Thx

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Can you post a picture?

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Yes,it's available in some places in china,but the selling isnt really good,since the price offered is only a bit cheaper than the real one.For example:the real BG65 in china is 25RMB,then fake is around 15-20RMB.They say it's taiwan's yonex strings.I doubt that it's a real one though,since there's no logo like TW,or CH.Just blank.The quality n feeling is different from the real one.I suggest if u wanna buy a yonex string,see whether there's a country logo on the package,n the looks of the package as well.The fakes looks more blur..

4. killersmash

killersmash Regular Member

what is the thickness of the " fake string " ?

5. kingkiller48

Student
    I'll post one as soon as possible.

But the thing is, I already put it on. I've got another one, which is BG85. I think it's fake as well, but I take the pictures.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

6. kingkiller48

Student
    I'm not quite sure what the thickness of the fake string is, but when I put on the BG66 that I bought from Indonesia (Mangga Dua...), the repulsion sound didn't emit as good as I wanted it to be... I've got another BG66 that I bought from Indonesia (it's from a different place though...), and the sound is perfect! Repulsion + control is fantastic!

7. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I have an authentic BG66, I will post up pictures if you want so you can compare.

8. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

really interesting...fake string....what a day....
    even string also got fake

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

U can see the difference from the package,and some,from the color of the strings.I've seen NBG95 in a black colour,which definitely off,since the real one in china only sold in yellow/gold.From the package,the print job will be blurrer than the real one.The country code like SP,CH,etc will be printed wrong,or some will not have the code.The barcode n the written explanations is also a viewable proof.U can compare those,since it'll be different.The thickness will be different than the real one,but no one know exactly how thick it is.That's not really important if u wanna avoid buying fake strings,since u dont wanna open it first n see it,rite?Besides,only by seeing it,it's rather impossible to say the thickness.So,for ex:BG66 supposed to be 0.66mm..then the fake one's thickness will be different from that.Cant measure it,since we dont have the tool to measure that.So does the feel.

But,most of the time,the price will be different.So does some place that sells strings,most of the time will have both real n fake ones.Depends on the need of the user,whether he wants the cheaper one,or the good quality one.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    don't forget fake shoes, fake overgrips, fake equip. bags, fake shirt, fake shorts, fake shuttles and fake socks too

11. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    dang you forgot the most important one!!! fake racquets!! seriously people... stop supporting fakes!

12. m_hael99

m_hael99 Regular Member

student
    ethically fakes are wrong..but it does offer less affluent people an opportunity to experience the so called 'expensive goods' when they purchase the fakes. it gives a sense of satisfaction to them, well that's my own opinion:D. however, this sense of satisfaction will be nullified if the fakes are being sold nearly the same price as the real ones, which is usually the case :rolleyes:

13. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

If I know the strings is fake I definately won't buy it. Anyway here I saw BG85 at RM35 in on shop and ~RM25 at few others shop hmmm does this mean that all others shop are selling fake strings ??

14. silentheart

Kwun,

Please do not delete this one. I am serious on this one.

If you knowingly bought fake good and happy with it, you got self-esteem problem. Just like some ladies who feel they do not have big enough boobs, they use plastic surgery to enhance their boobs. I don't care how big they are, they are still fakes. If a player is good, he/she can spank me any day with a good name brand racquet any time, any court. You impress people with your skill, not what fake item you have. Just like the the fake boobs, they are not real. You might own them, but they are really yours.

15. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    So funny....imagine whipping other players with fake racket, fake string, fake shoes, even wearing fake clothing......:eek::D

16. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

In china,u might find players who could use fake stuffs to win u.Those stuff means nothing to them.Just like u said,the skill is the only thing matters!:D.
    From ur point of view,i dont know in europe,but in asia,ppl buy fakes because it's cheap.It's a fake yonex rackets,n at least will attract ppl's eyes.."Wow,u bought a NS9000?"..n he said,"nah,it's just a fake",although most of the times,we already knew it's a fake before he told us.At least caught my eyes,n made me wonder if it's real or not.
    No one in my experience has ever come to me n say,"hey,how's my real NS9000?I bought it in Beijing's some YY store,1600RMB!..when we knew from the first sight that it's fake.I'll laugh at him!!
    So,most ppl who bought fakes YY are the one who just begun to play this game,n doesnt wanna pay for an expensive one.So,when he/she saw YY logo on a racket,which they often saw on TV,so they bought it.Different from boobs,girls wanna look better n they have to pay EXPENSIVE for it.:D

I dunno in western countries,but in asia,esp in the developing countries,fakes r more of an alternative than as a frand.
    Fakes exists because there are DEMANDS,that usually means cheaper.

Remember,these r all just the tools.The most important is the skill.Playing with the most expensive/greatest racket wont guarantee u a win.The problem is just that some ppl only willing to pay 30USD fake racket or lower,and some just wanna play with the real ones.It's the player's choice..

#16 Smichz, Jun 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  17. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    Smichz i couldnt agree more with what you said, that is well put.

18. silentheart

I just want to stress 1 small point. A good player will use a name brand racquet that fit him/her, not a fake one.

19. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

hehe..dont u think we got off track here?It's supposed to be about strings.
    Well,however,i guess a good player is a player that can use any tools to do his job.This type of guy will do a $100racket to play a $50000 worth match.While a bad player just go for a brand showoff,without be able to fully utilize his tool,will do a $1000 racket to play a $10 worth match..

Even though we all know that brands n prices means quality,but we cant just focus on that.It's only about how to fully utilize it.It's the skill we gotta focus!For ex:give LD or any other pros a fake yonex to play.He'll do much better than we are,even if we're using the real one.
    Brands doesnt create great players.It's the players who creates brands and advertising.

This game is supposed to be a sport,or fun..not just being commercialized by brands n stuff.That's my own opinion

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    No country code does not mean it's must a fake string. Strings sold here in US does not have any code. :cool: