Stringing NS9k 8k, AT800

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Omegamiko, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Omegamiko

Omegamiko Regular Member

I'm a student, doing webdesign and a badminton equ
    Hi everyone. I'm trying out the prestring method for badminton rackets because getting the string through shared grommets are a major major pain...I just have a question. Is it alright to string these rackets one piece? The instructions all say 2 piece, but I was wondering if it was alright just to go ahead from B8 to B9 to start the crosses instead of tying off the mains. Any ramifications? It would make the prestring a lot easier for me.

2. jayes

jayes Regular Member

Badminton specialty selling strings, grips, shuttl
    I've strung them one piece for customers without issue.

Cheers.

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) You only have to deal with 4 shared hold in the bottom or the last 2 string and 2 shared holes near the middle. Just you wait till you string an older racquet.
    2) Do a search for dental floss in Stringing tech forum and you should be ok.

4. Omegamiko

Omegamiko Regular Member

This is actually only the second time I've ever strung an NS racket. I've strung many old rackets, old Wovens, Victor rackets, Ti-10, Cab 20s. Its just that the NS and AT800 are unique, so I'm not so sure how the frame reacts to the string. Its not so much the shared grommets that are of terrible issue, but where the grommet hole is covered up by a tensioned loop of string. Its very difficult to get insert the string into a covered hole. I've tried the dental floss thing before cause I read about it. Only works about 50% of the time for me, but its good to know.

5. KingO

KingO Regular Member

RN
    If the rackets are US coded and still within the warranty period, I believe 2 piece stringing is a must since it is Yonex recommended/required stringing practice.

You can always prestring the racket in one piece, but end up with a 2 piece string job. After you tension the last main on the long side, cut the string leaving enough length to tie-off at B8. The other piece of the cut string (should be longer than the one used to tie-off at B8) insert into B6, tie a starting knot, then you're set to do your crosses. Just be careful when you cut the string that you leave enough length for tying-off the main, and starting your crosses.

6. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

I've just had a NS9000 come in for stringing.
    I'll try to remember to take pics of what I do to get round this.

7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
  8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

I definitely agree this post. You really don't want to screw up the warranty, just because the string pattern is wrong.

9. Neil Nicholls

One way is to insert a piece of scrap string while tensioning the mains, then you can use it to pull the string out of the way of the hole behind it. Here I am using a starting clamp as a lever and to grab the scrap string, and use the side support as the fulcrum of the lever.

If you have something thinner than normal string, such as trebling string, you can get this behind the mains even after you have tensioned.

Attached Files:

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Good idea Neil, that will save some finger nail for me. Thanks!

11. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    You can pre-string the racket as 1-piece but you dont have to string the racket as 1-piece; You can always cut the string after the mains are done, tie-off and then start 'fresh' for the crosses.
    The US warranty is still valid in this case.

12. Neil Nicholls

It's not my original idea. I'm sure I got it from somewhere on BC some years ago. I find it even more useful for tennis, though. The higher tensions make it harder to unblock those holes.

13. Omegamiko

Omegamiko Regular Member

Wow awesome ideas guys, thanks a lot, keep em coming. Neil, your scrap string idea is brilliant :p Never would've thought of it.

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    When you deal with the shared or covered gromments, use a nail cutter to cut the tail end of the cross with a sharp angle. This way, it's much easier to insert the string, and let it go through. ;)

15. cliffhu

cliffhu Regular Member

researcher
    I believe this method has been written in the stringer's digest (USRSA or UKRSA...)