Fakes and Originals?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Ken168, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Ken168

Ken168 Regular Member

Student
    Can fake rackets be as good as original rackets?

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    this has been discussed many times before and in many other threads. but at the present time no a fake cannot be as good as the origional. It can LOOK as good as the origional but on the inside it isnt the same with the way its built and materials used. Weight, ballance point, gripsizes etc, atleast one but more than likley all wont be the same as the origional racquet. The only way for a fake to be as good as an origional would be if the fake was made exactly like the origional, same materials, technology, etc.

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Nope. If the fakes are just as good as the originals, they'd have the same materials, and thus, the same price, so why the fake?

4. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

Simply cuz its not made by that manufacturer ^^

5. hyperactive

hyperactive Regular Member

student
    They wouldn't be the same price because they don't have to cover sponsorship and advertisement costs original equipment manufacturers have to pay for (which is alot)

Thats why there are different quality fakes out there...fake manufacturers get more profit by claiming to be real.

As for why buy fakes? I dunno...I bought em to compare with the originals so I can warn other people about buying them...I hope that justifies my purchase. Also it costs the same as an original steel racquet but is lighter and looks better...probably more affordable for people in countries that cant afford originals?