Pacific strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by kikks9, Jun 23, 2007.

1. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

Hi Everybody,

Popped my badminton strings again. My latest restring only lasted me 1 month :crying: I am topping up my stocks with probably an order online. I was recommended Pacific strings by the store.

Anybody have any feedback about Pacific strings? I have read Dinkalot review about 2 of them but I am searching for feedback on the Braidpower strings...

Thanks again everybody.

2. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    why not u give a try and let us know how good isit? :D Well i use the PC 66 string before, loss tension quite fast. Performance is just so-so. Heard that BP string series is better than PC string series.

3. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

I have just ordered a set of bp 65 and 63 ti to see how it plays. Will keep everybody updated once my woven 8 string breaks :p. My Gosen strings have snapped and I do not have any strings at the moment to string at the moment....fingers crossed the woven does not break before my strings arrive.

4. Superstar

Superstar Regular Member

Bp66

I have been using BP 66. Repulsion not as good as Yonex BG 66 and power is good and more durable than BG 66.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    When you select the string, you need to consider what's the ratio between string cost and the labor cost.

In a region that the labor is min. (i.e. most Asian market), then, difference prices between string is the major factor. For region that charges a lot of more labors than material (i.e. north American), ppl may not care about the string price (as long as fits your need, with acceptable durability), as the majority lays in labor charge.

6. roller

roller Regular Member

understand BP series is more expensive than the PC series

7. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    I used to string all my rackets with Yonex BG80 at 24lbs. But now I switched completely to Pacific PC80 at 24lbs.

Somehow I felt that the repulsion from PC80 is better and more "feel" on the shuttle. However, PC80 does not hold the tension as long as BG80.

8. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

with melbourne's weather which can change any time, i dont trust my badminton racquets with bg 66 anymore ahahha tempted to try pacific's 0.66 strings but ....... i think a few smashes and with the variance in temperature here... expensive testing

i really hope the pacific strings i ordered work out well :) i like new things...discovered gosen goodness in hk...i hope the pacific strings will be a good revelation :p fingers crossed.

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I had some experience with Pacific - Power Star 3. They were OK in performance, but broken very quickly. Pacific strings are not cheap, sometimes harder to get comparing with others. Personally, I don't recommend them and most likely will not use them in the future.