Budget Racket in Kuala Lumpur or Guangzhou

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Tsuioku, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

Hi Everyone,
    My parents are going to Kuala Lumpur and Guangzhou next month and I'm thinking about asking them to get me a badminton racket...
    I don't really know much about rackets but I'll try to describe my experience and perhaps someone can tell me their recommendation. If you need more info, just give me a shout.

I'm a novice player that's somewhat of an all-rounder (maybe leaning a bit towards the defensive side). I often play doubles and do a lot of net play.

I currently have a Tecno Ti 1700 and a Yonex 96 VF.
    I primarily use the 96VF but I find it somewhat lacking in power. It's most likely due to my technique, but using the 96VF, my smashes are often easily returned and I can clear only 3/4 of the court.
    I don't really use the Ti1700 mainly because my wrist tends to hurt after hitting a few smashes. When I do use it, I find my reaction time too slow and I have a hard time getting the sweet spot consistently.

What would you recommend for under 100 CDN? If you can recommend a string and tension, it would also be great. Please also state the price/currency and location where they can get it.

Thanks

#1 Tsuioku, Jun 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  2. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

More Info...

Over 70 views but no posts.. :( If you need more info, feel free to ask...

Below is an update after some research...

The main things that I'm looking for in the racket right now is performance but it should still have some durability since I don't plan on getting another new racket anytime soon. As long as the store isn't too hard to find, any brand is a go (including Yonex Clones)... I just don't want my parents to be hunting for the store.

After doing a bit more reading... I'm thinking about getting a stiff racket but I can't seem to decide on racket specs...
    Which do you think would be most suitable for me?
    3U HL (Apacs Nanospeed equivalent? Still gotta decide on model...)
    3U Balanced (SOTX Woven 8/8A)
    4U HH (Apacs Armortec equivalent? Still gotta decide on model...)

Regarding the string, feel free to give suggestions but it's not as important anymore since it's extremely user dependant. Prolly gonna try some BG70 @ 23lbs and go from there...

FYI
    100CDN ~ 93USD ~ 710CNY ~ 320MYR (Prices slightly flexible)
    Tecno TI1700 = 3U+ Oval HH Stiff+
    Yonex 96VF = 3U HL Iso Flexible
    (Racket specs are just guesses)
    I will be adding an overgrip on the racket (Currently using Gamma Supreme)