User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Proper Shuttlecock Preperation

    Well I just purchased some feathered birds and I was wondering how i should prepare them. I remember one was was to put them in the bathroom, can anyone elaborate on that? and other ways to prepare them too? thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david07 View Post
    Well I just purchased some feathered birds and I was wondering how i should prepare them. I remember one was was to put them in the bathroom, can anyone elaborate on that? and other ways to prepare them too? thanks.
    I prefer feasting on birds without the feathers
    btw, i put it in the oven tho, not bathroom

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol...steam them over kettle or while you take a hot long shower

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How should I do it when taking a shower? Showe would probally be best for me

  5. #5
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david07 View Post
    How should I do it when taking a shower? Showe would probally be best for me
    1) Remove the endcaps from both sides of the tube

    2) Place the tubes horizontally on the bathroom counter

    3) Take a hot shower

    4) Feel good after your shower

    5) Replace end caps on the tubes

    6) Remove from bathroom and store at room temperature

    7) Wait 2+ days for optimal use

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks a lot Dink. You said 2+ days, but how many days before the steaming I did get's "expired"?

  7. #7
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david07 View Post
    Thanks a lot Dink. You said 2+ days, but how many days before the steaming I did get's "expired"?
    Say 10-14 days until you should re-steam.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Say if I'm going to play two times in five days, would i have to resteam after the first session? or just leave it and steam after 10-14 days like you said

  9. #9
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david07 View Post
    Say if I'm going to play two times in five days, would i have to resteam after the first session? or just leave it and steam after 10-14 days like you said
    Ideally do not re-steam; it will increase the speed of the shuttle.

    I only re-steam if I have to which is months after.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh ok, so basically it's like a once in a life time thing for the shuttle

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    1) Remove the endcaps from both sides of the tube

    2) Place the tubes horizontally on the bathroom counter

    3) Take a hot shower

    4) Feel good after your shower

    5) Replace end caps on the tubes

    6) Remove from bathroom and store at room temperature

    7) Wait 2+ days for optimal use
    I think you should take them out of the tube and put it near moisture source (or steam/vapour) while you shower. you can also leave it in the bathroom all the time. see if mold grows on feather or not

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe some of you members tell me exactly ur method of doing, so I can see a lot of different ways

  13. #13
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Double_Player View Post
    I think you should take them out of the tube and put it near moisture source (or steam/vapour) while you shower. you can also leave it in the bathroom all the time. see if mold grows on feather or not

    I don't do the shower thing at all, I have a humidifier...

  14. #14
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david07 View Post
    Maybe some of you members tell me exactly ur method of doing, so I can see a lot of different ways

    Do a search. It's been discussed many times.

    For me the humidifer works best.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similar Threads

  1. Diet and preperation for badminton matches.
    By Many Ch0icez in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 7
    : 04-19-2010, 04:15 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    : 07-21-2009, 02:44 AM
  3. Proper way to cut strings
    By TechKXL in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 5
    : 02-19-2009, 11:02 PM
  4. can't seem to hit with proper grip
    By tneiba in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 14
    : 03-12-2007, 08:40 AM
  5. Is this proper?
    By Nic in forum General Forum
    Replies: 5
    : 05-09-2002, 09:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •