Hendrawan resigns as Pelatnas WS coach

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by CLELY, Jun 25, 2007.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

PBSI must seek new coach to train Maria Kristin and compatriots. Hendrawan, who took double task as MS and WS coach during six months since January 2007, have stated resign as Woman Single coach through resignation letter that delivered before Sudirman 2007 event.

"This is the hardest decision that I must take. But I must decide it because I must concentrate on one of this two sectors," said Hendrawan, Monday (25/06) in Jakarta. With Hendrawan resignation, who helped by Marleve Mainaky during this time, it means WS sector have no coach right now. Meanwhile in MS field, Hendrawan will coaching Sony, Simon, Tommy, Bandar Sigit Pamungkas, Indra Bagus and Alamsyah.

"The choice is only Marleve and Paulus Firman remain. It's difficult to hire outside Pelatnas coach, " said Lius Pongoh, head of the performance building of Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI).

-- source : KOMPAS, 26 June 2007
    -- another version of this news in Bahasa Indonesia only, try this link: www.antara.co.id/arc/2007/6/25/kemungkinan-tunggal-putri-dipegang-pelatih-pelatnas

It's getting more troubles for PBSI in effort to rebuild the weakest field of Indonesia badminton...

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Well, I think it is better to chase one horse than chase two horses at the same time... :D

3. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    hire retno k (former mia's coach) to replace hendrawan

4. yap_yu_tjuk

yap_yu_tjuk Regular Member

accountant
    why he choosed MS not WS

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Because INA's MS has a better shot at beating top MS players. While our WS... uhm, not in the near future...

6. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

well, isn't Hendrawan running away from his failures then?

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Sort of true... that's why he said in the article: this decision was very difficult for him...

Oh well, as I said he wants to chase after one horse, instead of two horses. Getting one horse is better than getting no horse... :p

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hi Krisna, Hendrawan resigned as women singles coach...opportunity for you to sign up so you can coach Maria Bebe, hahaha!!! LOL!!!:D

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ha ha ha! I am happy where I am now, thank you... :D

By the way, Maria Febe is in good hands with Fang Kaixiang as her teacher in Djarum Badminton Club... I cannot be better in teaching badminton than Coach Fang. He could train the Malaysians to win the Thomas Cup in 1992! I can never outdo him... :p

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hendrawen is one loyal chinese in INA.
    -a second class citizen, he waited decades to get INA citizenship, right up to intervention by INA president Megawati Sukarnoputri so he can get a passport to play WC?? outside INA (which he brought home a gold title for INA)
    -from what i remembered (correct me if i'm wrong), he took the WS coach job coz no one wanted that job.
    -because joko S. quit, hendrawen is accepted to the MS coaching position. If joko didn't quit or another native indo applied,i doubt hendrawan would be even considered. I doubt taufik really care about hendrawan being a MS coach.

#10 cooler, Jun 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Whoever said anything about coaching badminton...that would be boring!! Hahaha!!!;):p:D

12. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Totally wrong
    Ivana Lie took WS coach at the time, 2003 to 2004.
    PBSI chief demotion from Chairul Tanjung to Sutiyoso, kicked out Ivana as Pelatnas WS coach.
    Ivana has asked to PBSI what wrong to her during WS coach (I thaught, it was political effect, PBSI West Java didn't support the Tanjung demotion).

At this time INA WS players had good progress, if you compared their performance in ABC 2003, UC 2004 with current performance, showed clearly that WS performance being down during Hendrawan's coach.

The players almost same,
    Ivana took (Sylvi Antarini, Maria Kristin, Adrianti Firdasari, Fransiska Ratnasari and 2 others)
    Hendrawan too (Maria, Firda, Fransiska and 3 others)

Silvi, Maria & Firda showed promising performance in UC 2004
    in ABC 2003,
    Silvi trough the final lost to Wang Chen
    Maria lost to Wang Chen in QF, Fransiska lost to Dai Yun in QF
    Firda lost to Jun Jae Yun from Korea in R-16
    almost imposible they can do it again in this time and remember that they are still young at the time, 17-19 years old.

Very disappointed. As great player, Hendrawan accepted this job while the players was in good progress. He said that the players needed stronger traing to create stronger physically but he didn't have experience as WS coach. I said that is "Trial & Error method".

Big wrong PBSI :mad::rolleyes:

#12 Sandy, Jun 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

the horror, if hendrawen was a lousy WS coach, he could be a disaster in a higher profile MS coach position.

tell me, why did pbsi demoted Chairul Tanjung when the WS was progressing fine? Mabye your observation is incorrect and pbsi saw WS progress is sliding. Now joko see INA MS is sliding and quit (and for other reasons as well). Maybe Hendrawen makes a great fall guy.

14. taufik-ist

it administrator
    in ws, ina doesn't have good 'raw materials' :D.. hendrawan may have 'pushed' himself into his limit but there're no progressing, and he think he can do much better/farther with coaching MS :D

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

what make u think now that the INA MS raw material is any better:confused::D

16. taufik-ist

it administrator
    we have some (not many like china).. :D :D we are the second after china :p

17. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

no money reason,
    PBSI choosed the coach from internal and didn't hire from outside Pelatnas.

Chairul Tanjung demoted after INA failed in TC 2004 also failed in fund (they hope PBSI can attract some company in Tanjung's periode). It was political, I saw the person who choose Tanjung also who demoted him and keep stay as PBSI Official.

Ivana took WS coach from Verawaty. I think she started in right way, swept a lot of players like Yuli Marfuah, Atu Rosalina, Dian Novitasari and keep the younger player who has bigger potential.

I have some comparation to say that 2003 & 2004 periode young WS INA showed better performance.

Coching WS player in INA isn't easy, no much potential players like MS. I didn't see that Joko is good coach. Sony Dwi Kuncoro should be higher in current stage if he coached by right coach.

For me, Pelatnas is place of INA best players, it should be has best coach too.

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree, Sandy... Pelatnas should be the place for the best INA players who should be coached by the best coaches... In the past, Pelatnas got government funding so they have an easier time paying the good coaches!

Now... not enough $$$... PBSI got funding from KONI for Asian Games and SEA Games. But not enough regular income to pay for the very good coaches...

As they say, you pay peanuts, you get monkey...

19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree... :p We are second only to China in MS... uhm, today. [Can't promise what will happen in 5-10 years] :p

The Koreans are not that impressive in MS... The Malaysians have LCW and Hafiz, but we can put them head to head against Taufik and Sony, we'll see what happens... ;)

Denmark?!? Gade and Jonassen are good... but they are both around 30. Where are the youngsters...?!? :p