User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Step 1: How to pre-string?

Hi BC Stringing Guru's,

I am interested in learning to restring my own racquet. I blame myself for not learning this skill running around KLBA making myself a nuisance. Now in Melbourne CBD in Aussie-land where not many people are in to badminton, I am interested in learning. I have been searching high and low on google and in this forum.

I am taking baby steps hence I have a old spare racquet (Pro Ace WB 33) which I am willing to sacrifice and I am going to be buying some cheap strings for my initial testing stage. I do not want to rush out and buy a stringing machine but rather do this in incremental stages.

So if anybody have any links or diagrams which can show me how to pre-string a racquet, it would be much appreciated. Please bear in mind that I do not know the terminology as I am a total beginner in stringing but have been playing for a very long time.

Even better if somebody in Melbourne is willing to impart or knows somebody who may be interested in teaching me how to re-string my own racquet, it would be much appreciated.

I work full-time and as such most week days, I will most probably will be working but if anybody is really interested in meeting up to offer another badminton fanatic some lessons would be fantastic and we can negotiate. I do not mind paying somebody to teach me the basic skills of stringing the racquet completely but money is tight at the moment but as I said it is negotiable.

The reason I am suddenly interested in stringing my own racquet suddenly...ermmmm no reason actually just wanted to learn a new skill in something I love. I can get my own racquets restrung for a low fee but I just wanted to learn something interesting.

Thank you
    CJ
    Last edited by kikks9; 06-26-2007 at 03:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See Dinkalot pre-string and string
    www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37341

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls View Post
    See Dinkalot pre-string and string
    www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37341

Thanks Neil, I totally forgot I make that post. I need to update/modify/do a better job...maybe this weekend...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Neil and Dan,

I found those threads and have bookmarked them already. I was looking for the pre-stringing one but it has not been re-uploaded .

Thanks again.

CJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out this link, http://www.prospeed.com.my/Step.htm
    It might help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heheh i have that already thanks book mark as well !!! ;P

i just thought seeing a video of it would be much more beneficial because I can follow it real time. Not as good as learning with somebody one on one but I guess it is the best option available at the moment

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to do a set-by-step, how-to pre-string video as well as stringing video in the near future.

I recently taught a college student how to string and in one week he went from not knowing how to string at all to being good enough that I would let him string my rackets. It's a piece of cake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dink! Does that mean I get the chance to string A hybrid panda/polar bear racket if I am ever in LA ?

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    I'm going to do a set-by-step, how-to pre-string video as well as stringing video in the near future.

I recently taught a college student how to string and in one week he went from not knowing how to string at all to being good enough that I would let him string my rackets. It's a piece of cake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**bump**bump**

Once I see how to pre-string, i guess i can watch dink's vids and pretty much pick up from there

going to see some stringing machines tomorrow :P

have to control myself..just shopping around teeheheheheeee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no magic way to pre-stringing.
    It's just a matter of finding out which strings go through which holes as different racquets have different patterns.

I always start with the mains from the centre. After I've done the mains, I pull them tight enough that the string bed is flat, and secure the loose ends to the handle/shaft with some masing tape to keep the (mild) tension. Having the stringbed flat make it easier to weave the crosses. I weave the crosses from the middle and work towards the head top and bottom of the racquet.

Starting from the middle (for both mains and crosses) means I only have half as much string to pull through the holes.