User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ge Fei / Gu Jun Records

    from their first appearance on international scene until retired..they only lost 10 timesthey also unbeaten for more than 4.5 years

    gil young ah/jang hye ock was the pair that can beat them most...but it's not more than 5 times

    ina pair of eliza natanael/zelin resiana was the pair that most time beaten by GE/GU...ina pair only won at their first met..and than lost to more than 30 times after that

    most of their lost happened on their early years in international tour...

    when she play WD,,RA KYUNGMIN never beat ge/gu,,,ra change her partner from jang hye ock to chung jae hee,,,but always lost to ge/gu

    i remember the story about ge/gu.....even that they had a hard situation between them outside the court,,but they still play without talking to each other on court and they still manage to win the tittle

    nowadays its really hard to find a pair like them....

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    DeYang - Bei jing
    Posts
    1,546
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by seawell; 06-27-2007 at 04:05 AM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the deadly duo .... they lost in ubercup final 1998, lili tampi/finarsih bt them and indonesia won the uber cup for the second time in a row

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    DeYang - Bei jing
    Posts
    1,546
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist View Post
    the deadly duo .... they lost in ubercup final 1998, lili tampi/finarsih bt them and indonesia won the uber cup for the second time in a row
    Ge /Gu beat indonesia players (15:0,15:1) in 1998 uber cup!But Qin/Tang lost to indonesia players.

    Fei GE / Jun GU 4 - 1 Lili TAMPI / FINARSIH



    Year Tournament & Nation Round Winner Score
    1996 All England Open 1996 I
    ENGLAND 1/16 GE / GU 15-9 15-6
    1996 Chinese Taipei Open 1996 I
    CHINESE TAIPEI Quarter-Finals GE / GU 13-15 15-12 15-3
    1995 Japan Open 1995 (I)
    JAPAN Gold Medal Final GE / GU 15-11 15-8
    1991 China Open 1991 (I)
    P. R. OF CHINA 1/16 TAMPI / FINARSIH 8-15 3-15

    Team Tournaments
    Year Tournament & Nation Round Winner Score
    1994 World Grand Prix Finals 94 IR
    THAILAND TEAM GE / GU 13-15 15-12 15-5

    more details

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...p/t-33057.html
    Last edited by seawell; 06-27-2007 at 05:29 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member tommy_bun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seawell View Post
    Ge /Gu beat indonesia players (15:0,15:1) in 1998 uber cup!But Qin/Tang lost to indonesia players.

    Fei GE / Jun GU 4 - 1 Lili TAMPI / FINARSIH



    Year Tournament & Nation Round Winner Score
    1996 All England Open 1996 I
    ENGLAND 1/16 GE / GU 15-9 15-6
    1996 Chinese Taipei Open 1996 I
    CHINESE TAIPEI Quarter-Finals GE / GU 13-15 15-12 15-3
    1995 Japan Open 1995 (I)
    JAPAN Gold Medal Final GE / GU 15-11 15-8
    1991 China Open 1991 (I)
    P. R. OF CHINA 1/16 TAMPI / FINARSIH 8-15 3-15
    Team Tournaments
    Year Tournament & Nation Round Winner Score
    1994 World Grand Prix Finals 94 IR
    THAILAND TEAM GE / GU 13-15 15-12 15-5

    more details

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...p/t-33057.html
    I thot their hade to head record with tampi.finarsih was 6-4

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tommy

    I think the record 6-4 is the record against Gil Young-ah/Jang Hye-ock.
    I think Gil Young-ah is the player who beat Ge/Gu the most, also with Chung Soo-young. However, that time Ge/Gu were still so young and new comer, whilst Gil/Chung are the top women double at the time.

    Sadly, Gil Young-ah lost to Ge/Gu in the Atlanta 1996. The score was 15-5 15-5 for Ge/Gu to show their supremacy against their nemesis.

    I watched the game and remember how Gu Jun was so proud and excited after won it by raising a fist 3 times to Gil/Jang before they shook hands.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    taufik ist.....
    so pitty about you
    no offense but it seems that u don't like me???? u just counter my post without fact...
    please be patient with your post...don't just think to counter my post without fact...
    CHINA WON UBER CUP 1998
    YE ZHAOYING beat susi 2-1
    GE FEI / GU JUN won 2-0
    GONG ZHICHAO beat mia 2-1

    ina won UC 1994 and 1996

    CHINA made a wrong decission to put wangchen as 2nd singles in UC 1996...they should put HAN JINGNA to fight mia..

    and GE FEI / GU JUN never lost in u ber cup...wowwwwww

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,636
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess Double G is the most succesful WD thus far with remarkable and completely achievements in individual plus team competition, from All England to Olympic arena. Yeah, two thumbs up for them! Several major titles that had grabbed by Ge/Gu :
    - All England (4) = 1996,1997,1998,2000
    - World Champion (2) = Glasgow 1997, Copenhagen 1999
    - Asian Games Gold = Bangkok 1998
    - Olympic Gold = Atlanta 1996, Sydney 2000

    As comparison to another phenomenal CHN WD Gao Ling/Huang Sui :
    - All England (6) = successive winning, 2001 - 2006
    - World Champion (3) = Sevilla 2001 ; Birmingham 2003 ; Madrid 2006
    - Asian Games Gold (1) = Doha 2006
    - Olympic Gold (0) = not yet, best chance in Beijing-08

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yap_yu_tjuk View Post
    taufik ist.....
    so pitty about you
    no offense but it seems that u don't like me???? u just counter my post without fact...
    please be patient with your post...don't just think to counter my post without fact...
    CHINA WON UBER CUP 1998
    YE ZHAOYING beat susi 2-1
    GE FEI / GU JUN won 2-0
    GONG ZHICHAO beat mia 2-1

    ina won UC 1994 and 1996
    CHINA made a wrong decission to put wangchen as 2nd singles in UC 1996...they should put HAN JINGNA to fight mia

    and GE FEI / GU JUN never lost in u ber cup...wowwwwww
    sorry
    i was wrong
    my previous post said gefei/gujun is the deadly duo ,

    btw.. no offense at all, are u indonesian ?

  10. #10
    Regular Member tommy_bun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taufik-ist View Post
    sorry
    i was wrong
    my previous post said gefei/gujun is the deadly duo ,

    btw.. no offense at all, are u indonesian ?
    Aiyoooo taufik-ist and yap yu tjuk,pls berdamailah,peace.....

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    5,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_bun View Post
    Aiyoooo taufik-ist and yap yu tjuk,pls berdamailah,peace.....
    damai.... tjuk

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,642
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yap_yu_tjuk View Post
    .....even that they had a hard situation between them outside the court,,but they still play without talking to each other on court and they still manage to win the tittle
    Do you know what caused the hard situation? Because of Sun Jun?

Similar Threads

  1. Our polling records
    By AlanY in forum World Championships 2011
    Replies: 8
    : 08-17-2011, 03:26 PM
  2. Old records from the 60īs
    By JR in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 30
    : 05-24-2007, 12:15 PM
  3. records in tc/uc 2006
    By taufik-ist in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006
    Replies: 3
    : 05-06-2006, 02:54 PM
  4. are there any endurace records out there
    By mozza in forum General Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 06-21-2005, 01:40 PM
  5. TC/UC broke some records?
    By kwun in forum General Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 06-21-2002, 11:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •