and beat him somehow.'

Last heard, he's cooling off in Burma

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Karmic Plans

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    and i really hope you will give me good karma too.....
    pls giv me good karmas ... pleeeaaaasssse....
    haha
    A young and fine member named george@chongwei
    keeps asking for good karma... er, every day
    But until he joins the band
    of good people like oldhand
    the answer, george, will continue to be 'No Way!'

(Do I see kwun storming this way?)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up kwun will always be staying cool, calm and collected

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post

(Do I see kwun storming this way?)

Knowing kwun well... we know that kwun will always be staying cool, calm and collected.

Last edited by chris-ccc; 10-11-2007 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Guys, can we send some good Karma to LB and cooler please...
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the support. However, as I "predicted" before, I am not surprised when the debate goes to a level, ppl start to lose their cool, or even abuse the sytem.

Personally, I received some bad karma, and I don't think it will be the last time, as long as I don't keep my big mouth shut. If ppl want to at least look at what I am trying to say, feel free. If they simply think I am wasting their time (as they accused cooler), I don't mind either. Remember, I have my own "freedom of speech" too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Thats life...some ppl here likes twisted all info to attack someone with no solid ground..you can voice your different point of view as all of us come from different background.....the ones abused it here.....I will be happy that some contributes something to BC instead of provoking as well as attacking....well...I wonder how their karma may look like....what can I say??
    Even the recent debates, we were on the different sides, but I can feel yours as well. Cheer up buddy, let's don't get the karma rating in our way. Feel free to speak up, and keep the healthy trend going. At least, I've got a lot of good info, from your tourny posts.

Good job, Hau Ge!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    here's the current one, bad karma for having a different view on a match. TH out played CJ but yet lost to CJ, and he was there too LOL. Just hilarious....

Taufik's stamina 10-10-2007 04:54 PM CJ never outplay TH throughout the whole match! You should have watched the match "Live".. Its an equal match to the extent !
    Lol... Let me show one of my negative ones. Seems ppl coming back to fire at me after 2 months

" Kwun, why my thread is... 10-11-2007 03:41 AM Should let kwun explain"

Lol... Clearly, I was the one on Kwun's side, and did not put a tape on his mouth. Man...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funniest one I got was bad karma for voicing my personal preferense of different models of strings

"I prefer BG66Sharp over BG66 and micropower.. I have never tried any Ashway strings "superior" to Yonex.. I personally prefer Yonex and Gosen strings.."

Got me a bad karma from someone...

But I'll live with it :-)

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Please Consider

To Admin, i like to contribute an idea on this karma dilemma we are currently experiencing. I suggest that, if possible, only positive karma can be given and to disable the 'disapprove' option. This is a positive approach where we award good content/advice while a reader can still gauge how 'good' of a standing a certain poster is without the distortion caused by negative karma as we all know now are often given unobjectively (mud slinging). If a poster is just plain obnoxious, i'm sure admin/mods can see that and/or would receive complaints (pm or postings) from other readers. Your choice of actions for these characters(a warning or total ban) will be fully appreciated and we would never doubt your divine decision

If the negative karma feature in this program can not be disable, then make a house rule or law that only mods and admin can give out neg. karma.

Even god allow bad behaviors (freewill) but only god should able to punish the offender We mortal posters shouldn't be given the power to punish others

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Actually, I've been thinking about this kinda issues for a while. Maybe we should only be able to give "+" karma, but not allowed to give any negative ones. This way, we can still praise the ones contributing to the community, but won't abuse the system as "agree vs. disagree". Only the mods can give negative comments, base on their own observation or reports from members (after verification).

Just a thought.
    To Admin, i like to contribute an idea on this karma dilemma we are currently experiencing. I suggest that, if possible, only positive karma can be given and to disable the 'disapprove' option. This is a positive approach where we award good content/advice while a reader can still gauge how 'good' of a standing a certain poster is without the distortion caused by negative karma as we all know now are often given unobjectively (mud slinging). If a poster is just plain obnoxious, i'm sure admin/mods can see that and/or would receive complaints (pm or postings) from other readers. Your choice of actions for these characters(a warning or total ban) will be fully appreciated and we would never doubt your divine decision

If the negative karma feature in this program can not be disable, then make a house rule or law that only mods and admin can give out neg. karma.

Even god allow bad behaviors (freewill) but only god should able to punish the offender We mortal posters shouldn't be given the power to punish others

Once again, we thought the same. Only I tried to suggest the idea 2 months earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again, we thought the same. Only I tried to suggest the idea 2 months earlier.
    I see. I didnt follow this karma thing or this thread much until last couple of days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever heard of the one about God's and Caesar's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post
    Ever heard of the one about God's and Caesar's?
    nope, u can pm me about it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-visited some old posts, and I think we should really be serious about the "-" karma for now. Even myself back then, try to encourage members NOT to pay too much attention in Karma, as it's just a reference.

However, during one of the most recent debate, poor cooler was picked on regarding his Karma. Not only he received flood of "-" in a span of 24 hours, but also the debating opponents were picking on him, and trying to re-direct others members regarding cooler's karma. The intention is to make whatever cooler's point to be "less trustworthy".

I am not taking on cooler's side with my eyes closed, even if in that debate, seems he's on my side. If you are here long enough, you know cooler does contribute to the community in various ways. Obviously not by providing live scores or putting on videos. I show full respect to the ppl who make the tournament threads to be informative and fun, but I also want to show respect to others, who contribute in other ways.

There are numerous times, cooler and myself are on the opposite sides regarding certain topics, but even after a debate, I still respect him as an older timer and valueable member of BC/BF. I do know Karma does not cost us an arm or leg, but to see a fellow old timer, being picked on, being embarrassed, being humiliated due to the fact certain ppl abuse the system, I still feel hurt.

Be serious about the responsibility, and be friendly. Karma should be a tool to enforce the "good behavior" but not a tool to "label my opponent".
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 10-11-2007 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Admin, i like to contribute an idea on this karma dilemma we are currently experiencing. I suggest that, if possible, only positive karma can be given and to disable the 'disapprove' option.
    I'm starting to agree with you about this, after you, LB and twobeer published some of your karma comments.

Abuse of negative karma could discourage well-mannered but controversial posts. Polite controversy is healthy!

Positive karma can still be used to reward/recognise/encourage helpful posts.
    Last edited by Gollum; 10-11-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-visited some old posts, and I think we should really be serious about the "-" karma for now. Even myself back then, try to encourage members NOT to pay too much attention in Karma, as it's just a reference.

However, during one of the most recent debate, poor cooler was picked on regarding his Karma. Not only he received flood of "-" in a span of 24 hours, but also the debating opponents were picking on him, and trying to re-direct others members regarding cooler's karma. The intention is to make whatever cooler's point to be "less trustworthy".

I am not taking on cooler's side with my eyes closed, even if in that debate, seems he's on my side. If you are here long enough, you know cooler does contribute to the community in various ways. Obviously not by providing live scores or putting on videos. I show full respect to the ppl who make the tournament threads to be informative and fun, but I also want to show respect to others, who contribute in other ways.

There are numerous times, cooler and myself are on the opposite sides regarding certain topics, but even after a debate, I still respect him as an older timer and valueable member of BC/BF. I do know Karma does not cost us an arm or leg, but to see a fellow old timer, being picked on, being embarrassed, being humiliated due to the fact certain ppl abuse the system, I still feel hurt.

Be serious about the responsibility, and be friendly. Karma should be a tool to enforce the "good behavior" but not a tool to "label my opponent".
    thx for your support there LB.
    Negative karma dont affect me but rather it let me gauge what % of posters out there are borderline dementia cases and from which countries as well. I only make suggestion to the karma system because i want to close the loophole in it. U know all engineers like to fix things
    Last edited by cooler; 10-11-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for your support there LB.
    Negative karma dont affect me but rather it let me gauge what % of posters out there are borderline dementia cases. I only make suggest to the karma system because i want to close the loophole in it. U know all engineers like to fix things
    may i correct you on that one?
    i read some of your posts, you are unlike to be that engineer to fix things, you are an engineer that create new things. proposed some valuable informations that you did.....

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

keep the comments coming guys. i won't be able to make any decision till the end of the day if i survive, otherwise, i will do it tomorrow. i am jam pack with work for the whole day today.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast