User Tag List

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    http://shop.badmintonversand.de/shop...16162ffa7b3a25

The names are different here: the other coloured ones are called VICTOR V-LSS 9600 and VICTOR V-LSS 9700. I suggest you look in the international catalogue, the ACE might not even be available here and the one above ("Victor '09") could be imported then ...
    Ah different name in Europe... Think this is the one I am looking for http://badmintonplanet.nl/product/Vi...-LSS-9700.html

Victor V-LSS-9700. Can anybody confirm if that is the same as 8000 in asia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vipjun View Post
    Scratch my earlier reply as it seems panda found out about spenco a month before me.

The Spenco PolySorb Total Support is not in a Gel version.
    they look like this
    http://www.amazon.com/Spenco-Poly-To.../dp/B000OQHW4W
    this is one very good insole indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have experiences of the Sorbothane insoles commonly sold in the UK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

centralsports sell them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vipjun View Post
    Scratch my earlier reply as it seems panda found out about spenco a month before me.

The Spenco PolySorb Total Support is not in a Gel version.
    they look like this
    http://www.amazon.com/Spenco-Poly-To.../dp/B000OQHW4W

I have interest to get a pair of insoles that having superb cushioning.

Just want guys to clarify that the insole you ( and DinKAlot ) mentioning is

1. Spenco® PolySorb® Total Support

http://www.spenco.com/products/footc...-total-support

or

2. Spenco® Gel Total Support Insoles

http://www.spenco.com/products/footc.../total-support

Also, anyone knows the difference between them ?

Many thanks !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's number 1.
    and number 1 is higher quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a difference between SHB 58 and SHB 58 EX?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alana07 View Post
    this is one very good insole indeed.
    do you know where we can find them in singapore?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    do you know where we can find them in singapore?
    this brand of insole can be found here in one of the sports chain store (World of Sport i think), but this particular model is not brought in by them. so i got them from Amazon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, I've been searching around cheras and KL shopping malls Sport shop around cheras. I still cant find Spenco insole, Sole Softtec or super feet.

Where can i find them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiish View Post
    Anyone have experiences of the Sorbothane insoles commonly sold in the UK?
    I bought sorbothane sorbo-pro total control replacements for my Yonex shb 200 something or others, my first replacement insoles and frankly the worst i've ever had. bought them half a size less than the shoe, still don't fit properly (too wide in the heel) and the canvas top to the rubber peeled back by the toes within a week of moderately heavy play. Waste of time and money so I'd recommend staying away from them.

Also as far as shoes are concerned, how do the Victor V-SH 8500 compare as they seem to be one of only two victor pairs readily available in the uk... And are also discounted (marginally). Any experience of them?
    Last edited by Teebs; 08-24-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really need American insoles if you want something decent - Superfeet or PolySorb - but they're overpriced even if you import them. However, they can turn mediocre shoes into good ones, and good ones into great ones. I have a pair of PS Total Supports in SHB-101s, and the difference they offer of those dreadful wavy stock inserts is gigantic.

W.r.t SH 8500, I have it on good authority that they are the same width (i.e. too bloody narrow) as the 8600 and come with the Talon Guard. They're also a pain in the arse to get from UK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a SHB 200EX shoes that I am using for a few months lately experiencing pain on bottom of my left heel. So considering using an insole to see if it would rectify the problem.

So in case I get a PolySorb Total Support do I remove the existing insole inside SHB200EX and insert the PS Total Support or does it go on top of the existing insole. Please advice
    Last edited by bmsupport; 10-23-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, asking the same question..Do we rip out the original insole?
    Hope Dinkalot can help. I have tried adding the polysorb but its too tight (shb101)
    Buying either the new 8600ace or the shb102 but feel its such a shame to discard one of the features that the shoe's enhanced price demands..
    Are there any badminton shoes thats actually made with a change/add of insoles intended ??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, for every instance, you need to remove the original insole and then place in the replacement insole. If it's an addition, it should say it's supplemental or an addition to the insole.

With the exception of ultra-premium running shoes, just about all non-custom shoes made have just an average or basic insole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really glad for this thread and thanks for the inputs.

Best thing I could do for my ankles and my game. I found my shb101 original insole to provide little cushioning and feels a little more than a piece of cardboard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently discovered the currently discontinued Sof Sole Stability Performance insoles, and here is a little review I would like to share.

Most of the cushioning insoles that I can find in the market tend to have this characteristic, which is that they have a thick and more often than not, noticeably overweight body compared to the stock insoles that come with badminton shoes. However, the Sof Sole Stability is one of the lightest insoles that I have ever encountered, especially given the fact that I would not want to change the feel of the shoes too much from the "stock feel" in terms of making it feel heavier etc.

As a test, I weighed the Sof Sole Stability and compared them to the stock insoles that I obtained from the SHB200WM and SHB81WM. The stock Yonex insoles average at 30gm each while the Sof Sole averages at 48gm, which is a 18gm increase from the stock although it is very unnoticeable once my feet fit into the shoes.

In terms of specs, the Sof Sole Stability has a pretty flat arch reminiscent of the stock insoles which is good for almost all types of feet and cushioning thick enough to not make the overall shoe fit feel elevated. The foot cup is made of a soft dual density plastic which when I land hard on my heel during big lunges, does not make me notice the fact that it is made of plastic at all. The material itself is quite tough but yet gives adequate cushioning which gives me the correct amount of bounce that I like during lunges and landings from jump smashes. The deep heel cup also fits snugly into my foot each and gives me that comfortable sunk-in feel.

Another magnificent thing that I find about it is that out of the box, it fits my super-wide 4E shoes nicely at the same size of the shoe. There is however a very small 2mm gap at the very tip to the side of the toe area but having used the insoles for two months now my toes have yet felt the gap being there nor have they gotten themselves caught in the gaps even during extreme lunges. For this matter, those wearing the normal 3E shoe sizes may want to trim the top a little for a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    You really need American insoles if you want something decent - Superfeet or PolySorb - but they're overpriced even if you import them. However, they can turn mediocre shoes into good ones, and good ones into great ones. I have a pair of PS Total Supports in SHB-101s, and the difference they offer of those dreadful wavy stock inserts is gigantic.
    Mark, do you mind weighing your Spenco Polysorb Total Supports and give us a comparison to the stock insole weight? Are they medium arch by the way?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast