User Tag List

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Panda were to get volleyball shoes now, he'd probably go for the Asics Tiger Gel Volley Elite or Gel Sensei. They have better cushioning and probably the best heel cup design; but cost $130-$140.

But bang-for-the-buck, there are lots of discontinued Mizuno's for $70-$80/pair. For instance, Panda's Wave Tornado 5 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    Okay then, Mizuno it is. I figured you might know some hidden shoe that was better, but I guess everyone wears the Lightning or Tornado for a reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Dink, those Asics both look nice and with my handy-dandy Amazon.com gift card, the price is pretty good too! What are the differences between the Elite and the Sensei? Oh and any advice on Asics sizing relative to other brands? I wear 11 US Mens for SHB-101's.

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    If Panda were to get volleyball shoes now, he'd probably go for the Asics Tiger Gel Volley Elite or Gel Sensei. They have better cushioning and probably the best heel cup design; but cost $130-$140.

But bang-for-the-buck, there are lots of discontinued Mizuno's for $70-$80/pair. For instance, Panda's Wave Tornado 5 FTW!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sensei is the top-of-the-line. The Elite is probably only missing one "attribute".

I personally think the Elite is better looking and would go with those.

Sizing is true. If you wear Yonex 11 in SHB101, the Asics 11.0 should be comparable.

Thanks Dink, those Asics both look nice and with my handy-dandy Amazon.com gift card, the price is pretty good too! What are the differences between the Elite and the Sensei? Oh and any advice on Asics sizing relative to other brands? I wear 11 US Mens for SHB-101's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the Elite is cheaper, too!

Out of curiosity, what is it that the Elite is missing?

The Sensei is the top-of-the-line. The Elite is probably only missing one "attribute".

I personally think the Elite is better looking and would go with those.

Sizing is true. If you wear Yonex 11 in SHB101, the Asics 11.0 should be comparable.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the Elite is cheaper, too! Out of curiosity, what is it that the Elite is missing?
    AHAR®Acronym for ASICS® High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability. Fit®Stretch material strategically placed on the upper helps to reduce buckling and the potential for irritation.DuoMax® Support SystemA sport-specific dual-density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability.Regional colour differences again. Our local versions of Elite and Sensei:Name:  B102N_4201 (Small).jpg
Views: 2185
Size:  27.0 KBName:  B203Y_4201 (Small).jpg
Views: 2179
Size:  33.2 KBName:  B203Y_0199 (Small).jpg
Views: 2150
Size:  29.0 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear panda, may i know which victor shoes r closest to yonex SHB 100 ltd? SH8600 ace or SH9000 ace or other shoe? thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Dink and demolidor for your input! I managed to grab a pair of the Gel Volley Elites. They look great and performed well on their first appearance on the court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panda has now tested the Spenco Total Support Thin, Original, and Max.

Clarification:

+Prior to August 2012 the only insole available was the the Original, originally called "Spenco Polysorb Total Support".

+Spenco has other Polysorb insoles that are gel based which made it confusing (which are less expensive and lesser performing) so since August 2012 have changed the name to just Total Support.

+Total Support has (since August 2012), in addition to the ORIGINAL, now THIN and MAX.

Results:

THIN: for walking, comfort and minimal support, the THIN is the way to go. They are still excellent for badminton for those needing only minimal support. Panda uses the THIN for walking and daily use footwear.

ORIGINAL: relatively speaking medium support. They are excellent for badminton for someone who needs moderate support. Also probably best to try the ORIGINAL if you are unsure which insole fits your needs.

MAX: the new best insole Panda has tried for badminton. Couple the MAX with Victor 9000 ACE, we have the best combination of badminton shoe and insole this Panda has tried by a good margin. The MAX insole is very supportive without being harsh.
    What's the thickness difference between Max and Original? I am thinking about getting Max but I am not sure if it will increase the risk of injury (if it's too high off the ground)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thickness difference is minimal. The Max are a bit thicker but nothing dramatic.

There is minimal risk for injury as the Max are still low to the ground, just a bit stiffer and more supportive than the Original.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Law'd oh jeez, these babies cost a mere $60 over here. Is $27 about the best price in the US? Shipping has gone up at least $5 this year for 1st Class so $17 is probably a fair price on that end these days ...

I guess they don't even use the name Spenco here but instead is sold as IronMan Total Support Max Premium which should help me get more search results ...

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've got quite a few of these Max for my kids, my relatives, and my friends and they all love them. Too bad they don't deliver to Canada due to Spenco Canada distributor rights, but it's not that hard to just cross the border to pick them up from a US post office.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I've got quite a few of these Max for my kids, my relatives, and my friends and they all love them. Too bad they don't deliver to Canada due to Spenco Canada distributor rights, but it's not that hard to just cross the border to pick them up from a US post office.
    They who? They are $27 on eBay and free US shipping but I doubt they will have a problem shipping to Canada ($11 shipping to Vancouver)
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-28-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor
    They who? They are $27 on eBay and free US shipping but I doubt they will have a problem shipping to Canada ($11 shipping to Vancouver)
    Great! Now it's available
    on eBay too and cheaper too, with delivery to Canada. I used to get them from Amazon which is more restrictive in region.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to resurrect this thread to ask about the durability of the Spenco Total Support insole. How long have you guys been able to use one pair?

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would say the Max is more durable as it has more cushioning. The Regular I had would develop wear and tear at the metatarsal after 6 months, wheras the Max is still going on strong after 9 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of us in Canada that are looking for a good price for the Spenco PolySorb Total Support Orthotic Arch Insole Running room has it for 50% off ($19.99) and free shipping via store pick up.

http://ca.shop.runningroom.com/polys...l-support.html

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's a good price, but those are regular, not max. For max, Chicago Medical Supplies on Amazon is $30 us with free shipping, last time I purchased few wks ago.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast