Custom Shoe Size

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by cooler, Jun 28, 2007.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I wish shoes can be sold individually because for some people, one foot can be slightly larger or smaller than his/her other foot. In my case, i think i would do better if my non-racket shoe can be 0.5 size smaller than my racket foot shoe.

#1 cooler, Jun 28, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

More reasons for badminton shoes sold individually:
    - On non-racket foot shoe, ankle/toe region wear out the fastest so it would be cheaper if we are able replace this one shoe at a time
    - one shoe can be lost/stolen or damaged(like panda accident):D
    - better choice of shoe for custom fit.
    Ex: my non racket foot is narrower than my racket foot so it would be great if i could completely choose a different model, size and even gender shoe for each of my foot - like shb99L on my left and regular 100MX on my right:)

#2 cooler, Jun 28, 2007
  3. Kimmysolucious

Kimmysolucious Regular Member

Wow. A different pair of shoes on each foot. I must say that I have not seen that yet. That would be quite interesting to watch though.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Interesting point.

However, from marketing point of view, it's hard to be implemented, as the inventory control going to be even more complicated, as now it's double the number of factors, and the result is...

Also, you can also buy 2 pairs, and hopefully re-sale the left overs here. :D

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

How about 1 SHB100-lx right and 1 SHB100-mx left? Nah... Homee don't play like that.

Kimmysolucious likes this.
  6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

dont have to be the same model line.
    One could have a favorite old shoe that fit him/her perfectly on one of their foot and want to keep that old shoe.

Another reason to add to my above list of reason is, as we all know, some other model years of yonex or even another brand may have an unique feature that u like for that foot.
    Ex. My left foot take lotta landing forces near the heel where as my racket foot takes lotta pushing off forces near the toes. An Asics gell cushion shoe would serve me better for my left foot where as a clawed shb99 or 100 would serve me better for my racket foot.

People here have discussed about modding their rackets, overgrip and stringing pattern (and cars) but I feel the most important equip is our shoes and no one even talks about how to optimizing it.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

U would be amazed of what kind of people out there. I got a negative karma on this thread because he said it's a pointless topic:rolleyes: To me, getting the best performance out of your shoes far exceed what u do to ur rackets.

In golf (where shoes arent as important), I buy putter, irons, sand wedge, woods separately, all different brands. In auto racing (tracks), left and right tires are different sizes

#7 cooler, Jun 28, 2007